Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Without any knowledge of the RGV teams, I figured the best they had wouldve been McAllen just bc of Speights. They any good?

Post Count
    Without any knowledge of the RGV teams, I figured the best they had wouldve been McAllen just bc of Speights. They any good?
    They're rounding out to be the most consistent 6A team the RGV has to offer by default but that's not saying much. This is a really weak year for 6A teams down here. Mc Memorial is good but not great. Speights is a monster that would be doing great if he were playing in a tougher region imo. The team that was overhyped was Mc High, but they got trounced by Odessa Permian and have since looked shaky.

The other powers in the RGV are normally Harlingen, Weslaco, Weslaco East, Ed North...these are having a down year so to speak after high expectations coming into the season. The strongest teams down here are all sub 6A. Ed Vela looks to be the strongest imo. They have a bunch of seniors playing on both sides of the ball and they are very well coached but again they are 5A... which is straight up bull considering they have the highest student athlete population in all RGV schools not named Harlingen or Sharyland. Port Isabel is the other team that has a usual long run in the playoffs. Every other team is pretty damn inconsistent and that doesn't bode well.

Post Count
    FWIW, FSSW will be airing the DQ game of the week between Ed Vela and Sharyland next week (9/26)...I'll be there cheering for them Sabercats.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    They're rounding out to be the most consistent 6A team the RGV has to offer by default but that's not saying much. This is a really weak year for 6A teams down here. Mc Memorial is good but not great. Speights is a monster that would be doing great if he were playing in a tougher region imo. The team that was overhyped was Mc High, but they got trounced by Odessa Permian and have since looked shaky.

The other powers in the RGV are normally Harlingen, Weslaco, Weslaco East, Ed North...these are having a down year so to speak after high expectations coming into the season. The strongest teams down here are all sub 6A. Ed Vela looks to be the strongest imo. They have a bunch of seniors playing on both sides of the ball and they are very well coached but again they are 5A... which is straight up bull considering they have the highest student athlete population in all RGV schools not named Harlingen or Sharyland. Port Isabel is the other team that has a usual long run in the playoffs. Every other team is pretty damn inconsistent and that doesn't bode well.
    port isabel seems to the one team in the region that has a shot to go deep from time to time. but every once in a while, an RGV team has a pretty solid unit that will at least get the area thinking that this could be the year they give the SA team a solid shot.

Post Count
    port isabel seems to the one team in the region that has a shot to go deep from time to time. but every once in a while, an RGV team has a pretty solid unit that will at least get the area thinking that this could be the year they give the SA team a solid shot.
    Won't be this year. Teams in the RGV have been vastly inconsistent. Sharyland pulled one out of their ass vs Vela, regardless both teams will go at least three deep along with PI imo. All other teams in 6A and 5A are just filler. It sucks but it is what it is.

Surprisingly 6A teams in the coastal bend area are good to great this year. They will field more of a compe ion vs a SA team.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ...... Stidham was 16-22 for 314 yards and also rushed for 61 yards including scoring runs of 1 and 5 yards. The Texas Tech pledge was 5-10 before completing his final two passes of the first half and going 9-10 after the break. He was 6-6 for 131 yards and two scores in the third quarter, part of a stretch of 10 straight completions 210 yards and three TDs. It was the second straight game in which Stidham completed at least 10 straight passes after firing 17 consecutive completions against Lubbock Cooper eight days prior......
    http://hotsportsnet.com/2014/09/26/s...lvarado-55-20/

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ....Still, it was a big night for an running backs Corey Dauphine and Kameron Martin. Dauphine rushed 24 times for 282 yards and a pair of scores – one a 64-yarder – and Martin carried 23 times for 129 yards and four scores.
    http://m.panews.com/sports/article_5...16562af2a.html

Dauphine committed to Tech; Martin to Baylor

PA Memorial had a 42-26 lead, but lost 70-49 to Channelview.

Crazy

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    bryson denley had a nice outing against SV but it was a sloppy game. steele turned over the ball on its first three possessions including a fumble by denley which SV picked up and ran in for a score. smithson valley was up 20-0 by the end of the first but then steele got it in gear and won 31-20. denley is a tough runner but needs to work on hitting the outside faster and ball security. smithson valley has a very good sop re QB (josh adkins) and will make a splash before his high school career is over.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    denley sat out the steele 31-0 win against clemens. heard he has a sprained meniscus.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    http://m.panews.com/sports/article_5...16562af2a.html

Dauphine committed to Tech; Martin to Baylor

PA Memorial had a 42-26 lead, but lost 70-49 to Channelview.

Crazy
    damn another come from ahead to lose game to put them at 1-3 on the year

.......On the first play after the kickoff, Corey Dauphine, who led an ball carriers with 195 yards on 20 carries, scampered around the left side of the LaPorte defense for a 56 yard touchdown run. Dauphine also added the two-point conversion on a run and the ans grabbed a 35-28 lead.......

http://m.panews.com/sports/article_0....html?mode=jqm
    Baylor commit Kam Martin also added 180 yards rushing.

Their defense must completely suck.

Can't wait to see Dauphine in Tech gear...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    got back in time from an out of town training to catch some high school ball and caught the steele/judson game. even though steel won the game it was from the passing game as i was unimpressed with bryson denley who has yet to have a stellar game this season. lg williams won the game with some late heroics and i think he would make a nice player for texas state. mark jackson was decent but has been struggling since he started commanding double teams.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    got back in time from an out of town training to catch some high school ball and caught the steele/judson game. even though steel won the game it was from the passing game as i was unimpressed with bryson denley who has yet to have a stellar game this season. lg williams won the game with some late heroics and i think he would make a nice player for texas state. mark jackson was decent but has been struggling since he started commanding double teams.
    OL Terrance Steele from Steele committed to Tech almost as soon as they offered.

Mike Jinks connection still there apparently.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Artic...-Tech-32592453

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    OL Terrance Steele from Steele committed to Tech almost as soon as they offered.

Mike Jinks connection still there apparently.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Artic...-Tech-32592453
    he seems to be creating a pipeline. not a bad deal. steele has some athletes and they reload each season.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    big game tonight between brandeis and brennan. several division I recruits featured in this one.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    JT vs Aledo this weekend. Should be good. Go Cujo!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    he seems to be creating a pipeline. not a bad deal. steele has some athletes and they reload each season.
    Jinks moving up the ladder quickly:

Coach Kingsbury also announced the promotion of Mike Jinks to associate head coach.* Jinks will continue to coach the Red Raider running backs.“Coach Jinks has done a phenomenal job developing our running backs, including our first 1,000 yard rusher since 1998,” Kingsbury said.* “He is a tremendous asset to our program on and off the field, and his experience as a head coach has been invaluable to me during our two years here together.

”Read More:*Kliff Kingsbury Hires David Gibbs as Defensive Coordinator*| http://1340thefan.com/kliff-kingsbur...ckback=tsmclip

Thread Information