Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    USC's speed on D kept the win for them against Standford last year. The new up-tempo offense will give Stanford fits. They don't have Skov and the other DL whose name has escaped. This isn't an Oregon fast break offense because it has bigger receivers and a smashing run game that will help. It is a road game and there may be a dulling of the emotion that fueled them last week. I'll go USC 28 - Stanford 20.
    Well USC is returning 15 starters to Stanfords 12. So why Stanford is favored...?

Ok man ya talked me into it, USC 28 Stanford 20.

I tried to get a handle on the game, couldn't do it.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Well USC is returning 15 starters to Stanfords 12. So why Stanford is favored...?

Ok man ya talked me into it, USC 28 Stanford 20.

I tried to get a handle on the game, couldn't do it.
    USC has traditionally struggled in The Weekender. They don't play well up in Palo Alto so I can see why you are hesitant. I think, though, Stanford's D took too many losses so I don't know how they'll slow down this new offense.

USC has traditionally struggled in The Weekender. They don't play well up in Palo Alto so I can see why you are hesitant. I think, though, Stanford's D took too many losses so I don't know how they'll slow down this new offense.
    You are a mind reader, I was looking at that. It has been awhile since the Trojans won in Palto Alto. And a real long time since USC won in consecutive years.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if USC gets beat--but as a lifelong fan, I am opportunistic for some reason this season. I don't think we're going to win the PAC-12 but we should contend for the South division and at least look like we're back in the conversation for PAC 12 contention.

I wouldn't be surprised if USC gets beat--but as a lifelong fan, I am opportunistic for some reason this season. I don't think we're going to win the PAC-12 but we should contend for the South division and at least look like we're back in the conversation for PAC 12 contention.
    Ya can't go from...28-20...and then..."if USC gets beat"....ha~~~

I really am having a hard time with this one, you had me sold until...."if USC gets beat".

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Ya can't go from...28-20...and then..."if USC gets beat"....ha~~~

I really am having a hard time with this one, you had me sold until...."if USC gets beat".
    Well, you said it in an earlier post--It's Game 2. It is a hard sell. I'm just saying that I believe they will win. No team is a clear picture of its true self until later in the season. Alabama and Fla St. didn't look sharp in game 1 but you wouldn't write them off. Take the dog! Fight On! Hooorah. Is that better?

Well, you said it in an earlier post--It's Game 2. It is a hard sell. I'm just saying that I believe they will win. No team is a clear picture of its true self until later in the season. Alabama and Fla St. didn't look sharp in game 1 but you wouldn't write them off. Take the dog! Fight On! Hooorah. Is that better?
    Hoorah.....works for me.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Hoorah.....works for me.
    Who do you like in the Oregon/Michigan St. tilt? I'm leaning Oregon, but we all know when that Air Raid offense goes up against a physical D they wilt. The home factor may just prove to be the deciding factor.

Who do you like in the Oregon/Michigan St. tilt? I'm leaning Oregon, but we all know when that Air Raid offense goes up against a physical D they wilt. The home factor may just prove to be the deciding factor.
    I like Oregon in this "spot", the difference in team speed will be dramatic. A little concerrned over that Ducks D line but they do recruit well. An outstanding offense returning nine starters with a 4300 yards dual threat QB....ouch!

MSU on the road early vs a big time opponet ...not so hot. Having lost to ND twice in that "spot" since 2011.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm with you on this one--MSU hasn't been in this spot. Closest thing was vs. Stanford in the Rose Bowl, seemed more like a home game with the pro-MSU crowd.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one--MSU hasn't been in this spot. Closest thing was vs. Stanford in the Rose Bowl, seemed more like a home game with the pro-MSU crowd.
    Mariotta is simply too much. His ability to extend plays, a big deal.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Since the 1980s

Pac10 Football = Big East Football

Since the 1980s

Pac10 Football = Big East Football
    Don't know much about the college game do ya?

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Don't know much about the college game do ya?
    West Coast football since the 1980's has always been an after thought.

NC les since 1980
    SEC - 12
    Big12 - 7 (Colorado 1990)
    ACC - 5
    BigEast - 5
    Big10 - 4
    Pac10 -3* (I'll count 2004)
    Irish - 1

So your entire Conference has 2 more les than the Notre Dame Irish in the past 34 years. Congrats.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    West Coast football since the 1980's has always been an after thought.

NC les since 1980
    SEC - 12
    Big12 - 7 (Colorado 1990)
    ACC - 5
    BigEast - 5
    Big10 - 4
    Pac10 -3* (I'll count 2004)
    Irish - 1

So your entire Conference has 2 more les than the Notre Dame Irish in the past 34 years. Congrats.
    That's because the conference is so good. It's extremely difficult to make it through the PAC undefeated.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That's because the conference is so good. It's extremely difficult to make it through the PAC undefeated.

then why do they choke when they do?

Bingo~!

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Avante, how does it feel to glorify the Conference least likely to parade out a Black QB?

Avante, how does it feel to glorify the Conference least likely to parade out a Black QB?
    Why would I care about that?

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Why would I care about that?
    YA-RIGHT

You're not really paying attention amigo.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    What a win! Not the 28-20 score I predicted but as a fan of USCs that wasn't sure how good this team was, it is a nice win. Defense bended but didn't break as much as it should have. The offense was stifled but did just enough to get by. The pass rush was on Hogan but still he was shredding it. The last fumble creation was awesome. Next up is Boston College than the bye week.

What a win! Not the 28-20 score I predicted but as a fan of USCs that wasn't sure how good this team was, it is a nice win. Defense bended but didn't break as much as it should have. The offense was stifled but did just enough to get by. The pass rush was on Hogan but still he was shredding it. The last fumble creation was awesome. Next up is Boston College than the bye week.
    I have no problem saying....10-0 heading into UCLA/ND. But, there will be that game where it's just not your day, so...9-1..???

Thread Information