My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    There's one i've played in the past few, and its the one I've referenced when I made money off the anti-avante method. It's web-based and the rules are as followed:

- The buy-in for the pool is $350 if postmarked before September 8, $400 if afterwards, so this is a serious investment, not a throwaway pool

- You need to make 100 "plays" for the entire season. Anything after your 100th play won't count

- All picks are against the spread, and the pool locks the spreads on Wednesdays (so you can take advantage of news/injuries that come out afterwards)

- Every game you pick counts as one "play" by default, but each week you have the option of doubling down on zero, one, or two games. (example: you can choose 4 games, double 2 of them, for a total of 6 plays). you can't double more than 2 games in a given week

- Weekly prize goes to the highest win% of that week, but you must make a minimum of 4 games picked AND 5 "plays". So if you want to pick 4 games, you'd have to double one. If you pick 5 games, you don't HAVE to double if you want to qualify for the weekly Picking 3 games while doubling 2 for a total of 5 points won't work, since you need to hit the 4 games qualifier

- Winning 1 weekly gets you your entry fee back, and then some. It's a % of the pool, and it grows based on number of players. Last year each weekly was roughly 440, and I won 2 of them

- Huge sums go to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Excess of 4k for first one year when there were a lot of players

- If you don't make 100 plays, you don't qualify for the season winnings. The standings go by how many plays you got correct, so doubles obviously count as 2 here. I'm not certain how the tiebreak works, but i can go back and check and IIRC it would go to whoever picked more games correct. Don't quote me on that.

Playoffs:

- anybody who makes 100 plays for the season automatically qualifies for the playoffs. in the playoffs you must make a pick for EVERY game, and have exactly 1 double per week, no more no less.

- there are no weekly's for the playoffs. the top 2 playoff scorers (stats are reset after the reg season) qualify to make picks for the superbowl. the highest score chooses one side of the spread, the 2nd place guy is automatically assigned to the other. they both get paid, the superbowl winner obviously getting more... superbowl winner doesn't get as much as the first place of the regular season though. if there is a tie in the playoffs, the tiebreak is your regular season standings, though

- if you want more specifics or clarification, just ask her and i can go dig up the exact rules/payout %'s

- if you are interesting in joining, send me a PM and i'll give you a link for the registration page and forward you the email invite

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Would you accept EBT?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    its not me, i dont run the pool, im just a participant

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    REGULAR SEASON WINNINGS*

87% Distributed

Place Finished % of Pool Won
    First Place 20%
    Second Place 15%
    Third Place 10%
    Fourth Place 5%
    Fifth Place 3%
    Weekly Winners (17 weeks) 34%

*This is based on 60 Rhino Jr. teams. If we have more then 50 teams we will payout additional places. The number of places paid will be determined before the first regular season game.

PLAYOFFS

13% Distributed
    Place Finished % of Pool Won
    Superbowl Winner 10%
    Superbowl Loser 3%

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I do one of these with an old guinea in Pittsburgh...buy-in's only $125 though

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I do one of these with an old guinea in Pittsburgh...buy-in's only $125 though
    yeah couple of years ago i split it with a friend so it wasn't too bad, but we didnt win . flew solo last year and did better

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    i would be down, if the price was 200$

but next year though i'll definitely do it

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Pm me.

Thread Information