Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    they don't mean anything to me but they speak volumes of whats happening to the art. a lot of people were disappointed maclemore won a grammy for best hip hop album, not just me.

you're out of your mind.
    Fair enough, but I am still able to find stuff I like to listen to. I was turned off to award shows over a decade ago and don't even bother now. I've never heard a maclemore song and don't really care to tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hard to complain about this when RZA does a season of Californication as Samurai Apocalypse

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    lord jamar kicking knowledge

iggy on sway. so damn embarrassing. he asks her to spit a freestyle and she looked at him like he was asking her for a million dollars. this is rap in 2014

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The point of this thread is lost to most people, tbh..

Of course you can find "real hip-hop" if you seek it, it's 2014, you can find anything you want and you can follow any type of media you desire..there's an abundance of outlets nowadays..

However, that doesn't justify the fact that mainstream rap, which is the primary rap music fed to the masses, is openly mocking and ting on Black culture, tbh..

We're supposed to fall back while Iggy Azalea makes millions from using a fake accent and fake image that mocks Black women, just because I can download the new RZA album online?..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Of course you can find "real hip-hop" if you seek it, it's 2014, you can find anything you want and you can follow any type of media you desire..there's an abundance of outlets nowadays..

However, that doesn't justify the fact that mainstream rap, which is the primary rap music fed to the masses, is openly mocking and ting on Black culture, tbh..
    Blame the coons!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings

still alive and kicking

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

We're supposed to fall back while Iggy Azalea makes millions from using a fake accent and fake image that mocks Black women, just because I can download the new RZA album online?..
    I don't think it is, but pretending Bomani discovered something new with this article is pretty funny. Record companies have capitalized on this for ages.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings

Count me in then as one who missed the point of this thread. The last good mainstream to me was the days of WuTang/Redman/Westside Connect/Kurupt etc. The late 90's early 2000s. After that music was available at your own disposal online so the mainstream became obsolete to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What about these guys? Legit hip hop or more white co-option?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Wow.

That has to be the worst pop act in the history of civilization. I'll take ty beener rap like Pitbull in a second over this mudshark tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

That's definitely some legit .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Those crazy white ers from South Africa make rednecks look tame.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd venture a guess that when your culture stops shooting each other at the VMA parties, you guys might be invited inside.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bomani has turned into a bit of a whiner. This is the most pointless article ever. Also loses a ton of credibility when he infers Nicki Minaj is some superstar hip-hop personality with great quality that due to racism has to take a back seat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lord jamar kicking knowledge

iggy on sway. so damn embarrassing. he asks her to spit a freestyle and she looked at him like he was asking her for a million dollars. this is rap in 2014

I don't see "knowledge" when I look at that dude. I see "uneducated".

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    nah, hip hop is dying thanks to the culture vultures.
    Hip Hop/Rap ain't dying, not slowing down, nothing. You have trash on mainstream media, and then you have underground. If you are serious about rap, you only listen to what's underground anyway. Mainstream radio garbage is in its own ty category.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Trust me there was ever anything to destroy, all rap ever was is a bunch of no talent, emo negros ing about whitey. If you actually are black and want to look up to someone listen to blues, jazz, jimmy Hendrix or something

Name
    Huey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Hip Hop/Rap ain't dying, not slowing down, nothing. You have trash on mainstream media, and then you have underground. If you are serious about rap, you only listen to what's underground anyway. Mainstream radio garbage is in its own ty category.
    See post #29 tbh

Name
    Huey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Trust me there was ever anything to destroy, all rap ever was is a bunch of no talent, emo negros ing about whitey. If you actually are black and want to look up to someone listen to blues, jazz, jimmy Hendrix or something
    Ok

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yup, spot on. I saw that video of her on Sway, and she's talking with some hint of a foreign accent, but as soon as she starts that garbage ass "rap" she sounds black. Just another reason why the Lakers suck, her and Nick Young.

Name
    Huey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    As much as i applaud the article, Bomoni is missing the true reason why the art form is indeed dying in the mainstream

T.I. signed Iggy
    No body made Busta do that Minivan commercial

Hip Hop is not dying of natural causes (like the article suggested). Hip Hop is holding its own gun in its mouth. The trigger hasn't been pulled, but the gun has been ed. They complain about Iggy mocking black woman, and I agree, but it was T.I. who gave a mic to do it.

My point is, Hip Hop is becoming less influenced by black urban culture, but it was black urban culture that pushed it way. Why complain about the outcome now?
    Last edited by Huey Freeman; 08-30-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    nah, hip hop is dying thanks to the culture vultures.
    More like thanks to Drake

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Boosie! Everyone else today can suck a !

Thread Information