Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    S Carolina could have tackled better and run the ball better.

They settled for long bombs, giving the ball right back to A&M
    Not talking a fantasy, obviously they couldn't tackle/run. I was talking about scheme.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We run this state in terms of recruiting. Can't really debate that.

Wait... you're saying a championship level of defense after playing UNT?............
    They held UNT to 8 first downs and 90 yards total offense. zero blown coverages and I didn't see any missed tackles. yea, with the talent on this defense and the discipline they showed I'd call it a championship level defense.

We will know a lot more about this defense over the next 2 weeks.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    They held UNT to 8 first downs and 90 yards total offense. zero blown coverages and I didn't see any missed tackles. yea, with the talent on this defense and the discipline they showed I'd call it a championship level defense.

UNT has been a bottom 10 FBS program the past decade...

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UNT has been a bottom 10 FBS program the past decade...

not saying they're good or anything, but they won a bowl last year.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    not saying they're good or anything, but they won a bowl last year.
    Yeah but they lost a large majority of their key contributors and they were never much of an offensive team to begin with. We kicked their as s at their house last year too and their offense want anything special even as a bowl team.

Their coach is old school, play tough defense and establish the run--might work sometimes in CUSA but not vs a team with bigger, faster athletes.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Do the same to the white boy from BYU then it'll be somewhat reasonable imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If Texas does the same to BYU I suspect we will see the same people in here making the same comments, they are a bunch of slow white guys and didn't have much of an offense.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    If Texas does the same to BYU I suspect we will see the same people in here making the same comments, they are a bunch of slow white guys and didn't have much of an offense.
    Taysom Hill is a baller, but they do seem worse than last year overall, especially with Van Noy in the NFL now....

You are kidding right? Trying to gage something because of what they did vs....hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Let's see how they do in games where they aren;t favored by 24...ok?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    If they do the same to BYU then I will be more impressed, no doubt. But UNT is absolutely horrible.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The UNT offensive line was supposed to be the best oline Texas will face of all their non-conference games. They have two NFL prospects on a very experienced line. Cyril Lemon and Antonio Johnson are both projected to be drafted. To disparage the win by saying it's UNT holds water on most levels but not when you talk about their oline.

The Texas defensive line destroyed them.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Taysom Hill is a baller, but they do seem worse than last year overall, especially with Van Noy in the NFL now....
    Not based on their first game they don't.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I counted a total of 1 time where the defense looked confused... moving around, looking at each other, what's up? One Time. Last year that's what we saw most of the time, utter confusion. The numbers are actually better for UNT than what I saw. The first half was ridiculous. I don't think they crossed the 50 and one of their 2 first downs came off a penalty for roughing on 3rd down out of bounds AFTER they had failed to make a first down yet again.

I really want a TFloss update on what the Oline plans to do, besides miss blocks. Anyone, I need an explanation for how bad they were.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Not based on their first game they don't.
    UConn is rebuilding, and BYU still let them hang around for a while in a way that I don't think last year's team would have, tbh....

I don't think the BYU game was closer than two scores after the first quarter against UCONN. They might not have blown them out but they were in control the whole game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    last year texas had no game plan going into byu with that for brains coordinator manny diaz who didn't care about the team

this year will be different. texas might not have the athletes, but at least they have their heads on straight. texas will keep a spy on hicks at all times and let the corners do their job. lets get it.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    ags took a nice jump in the polls, even cracked the top 10 in the AP.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

It's been done, sorta.

Stanford receiver Tony Hill, went with Tony "Thrill" Hill with the Cowboys.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    BYU will be a tough game for Texas. Their O-line is usually the dirtiest mf'ers in the country. Holds and chop blocks all over the place. And their players are usually 2 years older than yours too.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    AggieFBLife trolling OU

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    AggieFBLife trolling OU

Aggy talking while OU has many more winning seasons than Aggy. It never ends.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Aggy talking while OU has many more winning seasons than Aggy. It never ends.
    Irrelevant Longhorns trying to stay relevant. Cute.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Irrelevant Longhorns trying to stay relevant. Cute.
    Aggy still concerned with former Big 12 opponents. Especially the ones that whooped on Aggy.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Aggy still concerned with former Big 12 opponents. Especially the ones that whooped on Aggy.
    The tweet is in reference to the 2012 Cotton Bowl. Sorry you're not smart enough to connect the dots.

Thread Information