Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I think 9 games is excessive and Goodell being a fascist as usual. typical overreaction by him. still, Smith is a dumbass and needs help.
    They might not win a WC spot either tbh. Its gonna be up to the offense to carry the team this year and lets not forget who the QB is...
    honestly, if Niners have a letdown season, I won't be pissed. 3 NFCCGs in a row with lots of minutes for the defensive starters is not easy. After the lifeless and horrid Dr. York years, the past 3 years have been great, even if without a Lombardi. I'm just glad Jed has brought some purpose back to the team. If the d is not as good, I'd like to see how Kaepernick manages. It might be a trainwreck but least the team can learn from it. I think he'll be better than a lot of monkeyballers, but the Niners need to continue to focus on defense imo.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I think 9 games is excessive and Goodell being a fascist as usual. typical overreaction by him. still, Smith is a dumbass and needs help.

honestly, if Niners have a letdown season, I won't be pissed. 3 NFCCGs in a row with lots of minutes for the defensive starters is not easy. After the lifeless and horrid Dr. York years, the past 3 years have been great, even if without a Lombardi. I'm just glad Jed has brought some purpose back to the team. If the d is not as good, I'd like to see how Kaepernick manages. It might be a trainwreck but least the team can learn from it. I think he'll be better than a lot of monkeyballers, but the Niners need to continue to focus on defense imo.
    Same. With how good the FO is and how well they've been drafting the Niners shouldn't fade back into irrelevancy like they were in 5 years ago.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Same. With how good the FO is and how well they've been drafting the Niners shouldn't fade back into irrelevancy like they were in 5 years ago.
    Curious. How many Harbaugh-era players are starting this year? I was under the impression that it's a rather small number.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Curious. How many Harbaugh-era players are starting this year? I was under the impression that it's a rather small number.
    Most of the starting O-line (and offense in general) is pre-Harbaugh and all of them were drafted by SF. As for the D (after all the suspensions and injuries), a lot of the starters are either vets who've been with the Niners for a while, newly drafted, or newly signed. The D last year was generally players from 2010 or earlier (sans Aldon Smith).

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Most of the starting O-line (and offense in general) is pre-Harbaugh and all of them were drafted by SF. As for the D (after all the suspensions and injuries), a lot of the starters are either vets who've been with the Niners for a while, newly drafted, or newly signed. The D last year was generally players from 2010 or earlier (sans Aldon Smith).
    Thanks for the info.

That's what I thought. I'm not sure that I'd give Jim and the current brass a lot of confidence yet when it comes to their personnel decisions. For the most part, the team has survived off the tremendous drafting that their predecessors did, as well as Harbaugh's pull with free agents. I'm in a wait-and-see period. If they end up flopping this year with their roster, I think some of Jim's mystique will begin to wear off.

The way they can acquire picks does make even Belichick blush, though. So I have to give them that right off the bat.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Thanks for the info.

That's what I thought. I'm not sure that I'd give Jim and the current brass a lot of confidence yet when it comes to their personnel decisions. For the most part, the team has survived off the tremendous drafting that have their predecessors did, as well as Harbaugh's pull with free agents. I'm in a wait-and-see period. If they end up flopping this year with their roster, I think some of Jim's mystique will begin to wear off.

The way they can acquire picks does make even Belichick blush, though. So I have to give them that right off the bat.
    Baalke's played a big part in who the Niners have drafted since 08/09. Harbaugh is a great coach, but if I had to choose between them I'd take Baalke near instantly.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    ozzie got a pick for Rolando McClain though

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Focusing on defense would mean letting Crabtree walk and I agree with that.

Thread Information