Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's not even about assuming all cops are good. It just never makes sense to resist arrest (unless you have a reason to believe the cops are going to kill you as opposed to taking you to the station).

Did no one see The Longest Yard? It pretty much showed that exact situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVMZH1sMWNk#t=65

[Go to 1:05 or click the link to get to the scene in question.]
    Talk about grasping for straws.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    and sorry for dropping the hammer on the supremacy party
    I knew you were avoiding the thread where I called you out on your blatant hypocrisy. No response? Fine with me I'll just leave this here for the others to see. ing hypocrite.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...238371&page=44

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Talk about grasping for straws.
    Not really. The whole point is that people seeing you getting harassed while you're trying to cooperate is much more effective than them seeing you get destroyed for being ornery. If cops were caught on tape brutalizing or gunning down people who are not trying to resist, then there would be change. Because all of these incidents have huge gray areas, there won't be change, or the change there ends up being will be mitigated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Seriously, I like you trill -and I am not one of the kkk squad in here -

but this is really a horrible way to look at things and this will get you punked really badly - and you won't even get anything out of it.

Your lawsuit would fail because you would be cited for resisting, evading and/or assaulting an officer.

The fact that you know your rights - which by the way - you just stated that you would not cooperate - therefore - ending your right to anything but a beating -

will become irrelevant and no lawyer would take your case when they discover that you resisted arrest and/or assaulted an officer.

So much for "knowing your rights"
    its cool fam. we can disagree on certain things. you don't have to give an officer your ID unless you're being detained. if you're not being detained or committing a crime, then you don't have to give them .

if that gets me killed, so be it. i refuse to be afraid of another human being and i refuse to let another human being treat me like . fucc that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    What happened in this case? Do we know? After the fact I mean?
    yea the incident happened in january and they confiscated his phone for 6 months. his charges were dropped last month.

The St. Paul Police Department did not return our calls in time for this report, but released this statement:
    "As is often the case, the video does not show the totality of the cir stances.
    Our officers were called by private security guards on a man who was trespassing in a private area. The guards reported that the man had on repeated occasions refused to leave a private "employees only" area in the First National Bank Building.
    With no information on who the man was, what he might be doing or why he refused to leave the area, responding Saint Paul police officers tried to talk to him, asking him who he was. He refused to tell them or cooperate.
    Our officers are called upon and required to respond to calls for assistance and to investigate the calls. At one point, the officers believed he might either run or fight with them. It was then that officers took steps to take him into custody. He pulled away and resisted officers' lawful orders. They then used the force necessary to safely take him into custody.
    The man was charged with trespassing, disorderly conduct and obstruction of the legal process. Those charges were dismissed in July."

https://tcdailyplanet.net/news/2014/...harges-dropped

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    ^ Pretty much proves my point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I knew you were avoiding the thread where I called you out on your blatant hypocrisy. No response? Fine with me I'll just leave this here for the others to see. ing hypocrite.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...238371&page=44
    shut up and go listen to some brother ali, wigger

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    the city that brotha is from does not have a stop and identify law. he didn't have to tell them , which is why they dismissed the charges, they knew they fucced up. know your rights, brehs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    the city that brotha is from does not have a stop and identify law. he didn't have to tell them , which is why they dismissed the charges, they knew they fucced up. know your rights, brehs.
    And had they killed him, he'd still be dead.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    And had they killed him, he'd still be dead.
    i get it, you're a cop apologist. you have no problem not being given due process. i'm not afraid of cops, doggie. you shouldn't be either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    i get it, you're a cop apologist. you have no problem not being given due process. i'm not afraid of cops, doggie. you shouldn't be either.
    Not really. The whole point is that you should try to make it out alive. Then, you can punish the cops. It's like trying to fight back if someone's mugging you. What sense does it make unless it's clear they're going to kill you?

silverblk mystix
    its cool fam. we can disagree on certain things. you don't have to give an officer your ID unless you're being detained. if you're not being detained or committing a crime, then you don't have to give them .

if that gets me killed, so be it. i refuse to be afraid of another human being and i refuse to let another human being treat me like . fucc that.

Sorry bro, you are not exactly correct here.

If an officer requests your ID - you are being stupid to refuse.

The cop only needs to have reasonable su ion - and he has a right to ask for your identification.

If you calmly STFU and provide an ID - it would only make your life easier. Then if the officer - realizes - you are not a problem or the guy he is looking for -

you can leave without incident.

You can also ask the officer "am I being detained or arrested?" and "may I leave?"

If he says - leave -

just STFU

and leave without incident.

The problem is that most idiots with this info of "I know my rights!" don't really know when to STFU and begin arguing with a cop -

This is insanity.

I gave this same advice to my son when he was of that age and he would whine

"dad, these pigs stop you for nothing! I wasn't doing anything....."

"they told me to get out of the car - man - I didn't do anything!!!!!"

I showed him his mistakes - the same things I have posted here -

funny -

It has been a bunch of years now - he has never , ever had another problem with any cop, What a in' miracle-

he learned how to STFU, stop arguing, stop trying to act like he was on equal footing with an arresting officer, stopped whining and answering a cop's question - with a QUESTION - and STFU!!!!!

Now he never thinks cops are assholes - because he learned how to be a perfect gentleman when being interviewed by a cop or questioned by a cop.

Funny how that works.

* I had not seen the video before posting this - lol - some of the same info is on there *

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    one thing i always found funny is when people complain that there aren't enough black cops. it's not as though they're applying and getting rejected by the masses.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    shut up and go listen to some brother ali, wigger
    Telling me to listen to an albino African American hip hop artist is an insult somehow? Negative dap for that fam.

You're the worst type of hypocrite. You're a racist hypocrite, it's pathetic how transparent it is. Your refusal to address your calling out it is quite telling.

Again, why are you avoiding that thread?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    "Some people call me modern urban Rockwell, I paint a picture of the spot...well." -Brother Ali

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I have no problem with reminding the po po from time to time to not get too y, but all I keep hearing is about rights and all this crap. Heres everything u need to know about your rights

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    police in 2014

read the cons ution and know your rights, brehs.
    Man, I drunk stumbled across this [African] refugee place last summer one random night in Berlin. Disgusting White hippie chicks were there as well. I talked to a few of the people, I seriously thought it was just a Music festival. After watching that, screw them and especially FK the disillusioned Whites protesting for their bum asses.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In this day and age, it's the lesser of two evils

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Some people call me modern urban Rockwell, I paint a picture of the spot...well." -Brother Ali
    Deep man. Dappys to you and Ali. Double dappys

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So great, you threw your life away. Good for you, I guess.
    the loss of another troll.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What is obvious is people disagree about the function police are supposed to serve.

Until what protect and serve is actually spelled out, people will disagree on the actual duty of the police officer. And it's pretty obvious locality has a lot to do with how the police are told to handle the same situations.

Until the above is made clearer, you guys can argue with each other incessantly because you already have your OWN standards of function of the police. Is this not obvious? All made more difficult by different States and Counties writing vastly different rules to handle similar situations.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    iif that gets me killed, so be it. i refuse to be afraid of another human being and i refuse to let another human being treat me like . fucc that.
    Pride is a sin and here you are admitting you get killed over basically what amounts to protecting your ego/pride

Darwinism at work

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Never had any problems with police. Even when I've been in the wrong they've been polite and professional. The worst that has happened is being stopped for traffic things a couple of times and they offer not to ticket me if I meet them for lunch or "coffee". I politely refused and they let me go without a ticket anyway

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Never had any problems with police. Even when I've been in the wrong they've been polite and professional. The worst that has happened is being stopped for traffic things a couple of times and they offer not to ticket me if I meet them for lunch or "coffee". I politely refused and they let me go without a ticket anyway
    Must be nice to have s tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    What is obvious is people disagree about the function police are supposed to serve.

Until what protect and serve is actually spelled out, people will disagree on the actual duty of the police officer. And it's pretty obvious locality has a lot to do with how the police are told to handle the same situations.

Until the above is made clearer, you guys can argue with each other incessantly because you already have your OWN standards of function of the police. Is this not obvious? All made more difficult by different States and Counties writing vastly different rules to handle similar situations.
    Not really. The debate isn't about what police are SUPPOSED to do. It's about how a person should interact with the police. Even if the police are being out of line, it makes no sense to escalate the situation and get yourself killed. It's just like if someone is mugging you with a knife, and you get stabbed trying to struggle instead of just handing over your wallet. It doesn't matter that the person you are resisting is a criminal. Resisting pointlessly is still resisting pointlessly.

Thread Information