San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing a Mexican would do well for ticket sales in SA tbh

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from the fuller, non-twitter article by Stein:
    Sources say San Antonio remains determined to re-sign Australian center Aron Baynes -- who will square off against Ayon on Wednesday when the Aussies meet Mexico in Group D play -- but has identified Ayon as both a potential Baynes replacement or a possible addition to the roster even if a new deal with Baynes is worked out.
    Ayres?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayon looks like he's doing his bestTim Duncan imitation during that Hornets highlight video.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would have so much more flexibility if they didn't pick up loldaye's option and if they just dropped Errors inside an ISIS camp with a bunch of bibles.
    They will have all the flexibility they choose to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from the fuller, non-twitter article by Stein:

Ayres?
    Daye, possibly being waived or moving both in a deal, I think. Probably the first one if it came down to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give us BAYNES !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quality signing, if they can get him. Ayon is the type of guy that comes in does the dirty work for a few minutes a game, plays with effort, and doesn't complain. He's a viable back up big, who if he can stay healthy be the 2nd big off the bench; therefore, making Ayres/Daye obsolete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daye, possibly being waived or moving both in a deal, I think. Probably the first one if it came down to it
    I couldn't see it. No way the Spurs roll with five centers and two power-forwards.

If the Spurs did a Baynes/Ayres and Daye package for something good (Wilson Chandler, maybe?), then I could see them adding Ayon as a third or fourth center. But it's also possible the Spurs would try to sign him for his marketability in Mexico.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a smaller, slower Kyle Anderson (moves without the ball better)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't see it. No way the Spurs roll with five centers and two power-forwards.
    Spurms currently have 6 C and PFs: Duncan, ter, Diaw...then it falls off a cliff with Boner, Errors, and Daye. Duncan is obviously going to have a lot of games off and you can pretty much count on ter being injured at least a bit. Having Diaw or whoever starting with one of the BED combo is going to suck. I'm really surprised the FO has set themselves up for failure with keeping those three.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurfan is deranged

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurms currently have 6 C and PFs: Duncan, ter, Diaw...then it falls off a cliff with Boner, Errors, and Daye. Duncan is obviously going to have a lot of games off and you can pretty much count on ter being injured at least a bit. Having Diaw or whoever starting with one of the BED combo is going to suck. I'm really surprised the FO has set themselves up for failure with keeping those three.
    Haven't come up with a clever nickname for Daye yet, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't come up with a clever nickname for Daye yet, eh?
    I'm sure one will come up lol. Though I'm hoping he is traded or injured and never gets to see the court, saving everyone the time of having to make a nickname for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BNSF trying to be cool.... ting on Spurs players who just won a le....wankers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/...on-aron-baynes

Trade two useless turds and sign 2 decent players? Dream scenario tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/...on-aron-baynes

Trade two useless turds and sign 2 decent players? Dream scenario tbh.
    Horrible article for quite a few reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love Ayon. Plays with balls, has a jump shot, and can actually catch a basketball.

Cut Ayers + sign Ayon < 2.5M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayon is definitely a viable prospect. No one better than the spurs to take someone to new heights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would have so much more flexibility if they didn't pick up loldaye's option and if they just dropped Errors inside an ISIS camp with a bunch of bibles.
    i thought letting Daye walk was an easy decision tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the Spurs did a Baynes/Ayres and Daye package for something good (Wilson Chandler, maybe?), then I could see them adding Ayon as a third or fourth center. But it's also possible the Spurs would try to sign him for his marketability in Mexico.
    That would actually give the Spurs 3 PFs (unless you mean players not including Duncan) Duncan-Diaw-Bonner with Kyle Anderson potentially playing some PF off the bench.

The Nuggets don't have much roster space. They already have 13 guaranteed deals with 3 more players (second rounders) trying to make the roster.

Moving all 3 for Chandler would give them 15 players. They would have 5 centers and at least 3 PFs.

If they were to ship Chandler out I would expect them to do it around the trade deadline depending on how far back they are in the standings. With Gallinari working his way back from missing last year with an torn ACL it would be risky with only Miller and Daye being behind him.

That would be a very good get for us though.

An option for clearing a roster spot could be moving Ayers (and or Daye) to Phily who would, in turn, be able to waive him, with his salary still counting towards their cap. Thats a good thing because they are so far below the cap floor (Philly has little more than half of the $56 million needed to reach 90% of the salary cap).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayon probably isn't getting that type of deal. Much closer to the vet min. than that. Ayers is more likely to get traded than be waived. The Spurs would still have his $1.8 million on the books but would clear the roster spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a pretty big logjam to fill out the final roster spots. First you have bigs in Baynes and Ayers who are both expendable then 2 stretch 4s in Bonner and Daye who are similar players and expendable also. That's 4 bigs on the roster who either overlap skillsets, suck or are expendable. Then the reported interest in Ayon and Allen, who stays and who goes? Can't have them all. We need to cut some dead weight from the long roster. Glad i'm not in the F/O and have to make these decision.

Thread Information