Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. I was thinking in more broad terms of supply and demand of jobs. There is far more at stake when the value of currency changes. Is that the limit of your knowledge?

They are doing better than us, and should change the supply and demand of workers, raising wages.

wow.

You're all ogver the place. Do you have any coherent thoughts?

You sure ASSume alot. I pity you.
    Don't ever use the word coherent.
    And I appreciate the pity from all animals, even those that lack neurons.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking Russia gives a about a few rubles. This is the same Russia that looked at the bottom of the Nazi barrell and with half of Stalingrad burned to ashes still came on top vs Hitler and saved Europe.

Anyone who thinks Russia will flinch because of a few rubles is delusional beyond recognition. obama bots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw did anybody end up buying the Polish apples???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the government collapse?
    Because the goverment is not as popular as it seems, because war is never popular and with the draft it will only get less popular, because they make products that cannot be sold in EU and they just lost their biggest market and because winter in Ukraine is a big deal. It may not be a big deal in Texas, but winter is big deal in Ukraine - and most of the gass they need to keep the winter away is/was supplied by Russia (at a heavy subsidised price).

That's why they are cenzoring their media and calling for snap elections when a big part of their country cannot vote (a part that doesn't like this government) - to get more power - possibly a cons utional majority to further solidify their power before the unrest begins.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The funniest part is I'm sure the same people making fun of Russia for having a falling currency are also the ones who say its unfair China manipulates theirs lower on purpose.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ITS ABOUT TO ING HAPPEN, ARE YOU GUYS READY!!!!!

we war nao!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the goverment is not as popular as it seems, because war is never popular and with the draft it will only get less popular, because they make products that cannot be sold in EU and they just lost their biggest market and because winter in Ukraine is a big deal. It may not be a big deal in Texas, but winter is big deal in Ukraine - and most of the gass they need to keep the winter away is/was supplied by Russia (at a heavy subsidised price).

That's why they are cenzoring their media and calling for snap elections when a big part of their country cannot vote (a part that doesn't like this government) - to get more power - possibly a cons utional majority to further solidify their power before the unrest begins.
    If the Ukranian military continues to want to fight the Russians then I don't really think it matters if the Ukranian government 'collapses' or if there is some humanitarian crisis. Wouldn't be the first time that region was depopulated. The ones that are left still aren't going to be pro-Russia. If anything they are going to be more venomous in their opposition.

You try and paint this picture that Ukraine is completely dependent on Russia but I don't believe that to be the case. They are on the black sea. they can get things over there if need be.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Ukranian military continues to want to fight the Russians then I don't really think it matters if the Ukranian government 'collapses' or if there is some humanitarian crisis. Wouldn't be the first time that region was depopulated. The ones that are left still aren't going to be pro-Russia. If anything they are going to be more venomous in their opposition.

You try and paint this picture that Ukraine is completely dependent on Russia but I don't believe that to be the case. They are on the black sea. they can get things over there if need be.
    I think you are over stating Ukraine as a culture with native people. Less than 400 years ago Kiev was Polands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes they are unassailable issues, there ain't no ing charity for countries who can't pay their back. Do you even understand politics and finance? They got all their natural gas from Russia, now they're all going to freeze to death.

If I were worried about the NSA, then I wouldn't have started speaking out years ago. Once we reach the point where they can actually arrest me for having opinions then it was all over for us anyway.
    I have heard of the IMF and I understand it's basically a choice between Brussels and Berlin financing Kiev or Moscow doing it. I know that Russia is not the only source of power in the world. The German's have been more than happy to lend Kiev money to this point. They just gave them $1b a week ago.

Kiev was winning too. they had kicked the rebels out of all the public buildings in various cities and had surrounded the final two large cities. When it became clear that a military victory was inevitable, Russia invaded from the south to relieve the two besieged cities and keep this farce alive.

you guys read like russian propagandists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard not to understand Russia's perspective

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Hard not to understand Russia's perspective

Yep.

And the complaint is Russian expansion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not hard to understand.

It will be hard to understand in retrospect, when they can't even produce enough Vodka, again.
    Putin is going slow playing the EU, he could have all he wants now.
    He is giving the EU a chance to make excuses for him.

Russia has one thing going for it, people. Lots of em. And arms of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Economically - they are. Slovenian economy when to after independance when we lost the Yugoslav market due to wars and Slovenian economy was in far better shape then, already selling stuff to Germany and other western countries, than Ukraine is now. To illustrate where Ukraine economically is - the standard of living in the Crimea actually improved when they went to Russia - and we all know how ty average Russian's life is. A couple of billions of help want do much to rebuild the economy - for a country of that size you're probably looking in the range of Iraq rebuild or German reunification cost - and that's a mighty big price for EU just to piss of a major trade partner.

And you can't ship them the gass they need in the winter over the sea, they will probably steal the gass on transit to EU, prompting the Russia to close the supply completely. To be honest the last few winters in central europe were pretty mild and EU has other supplies, so maybe it won't that big of a deal for Germany&co.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Economically - they are. Slovenian economy when to after independance when we lost the Yugoslav market due to wars and Slovenian economy was in far better shape then, already selling stuff to Germany and other western countries, than Ukraine is now. To illustrate where Ukraine economically is - the standard of living in the Crimea actually improved when they went to Russia - and we all know how ty average Russian's life is. A couple of billions of help want do much to rebuild the economy - for a country of that size you're probably looking in the range of Iraq rebuild or German reunification cost - and that's a mighty big price for EU just to piss of a major trade partner.

And you can't ship them the gass they need in the winter over the sea, they will probably steal the gass on transit to EU, prompting the Russia to close the supply completely. To be honest the last few winters in central europe were pretty mild and EU has other supplies, so maybe it won't that big of a deal for Germany&co.
    Way way premature.

Crimea is having a lot of problems with some very basic things involving money exchange, banking, basic real estate rules... Who is in charge of what... If anything the preliminary call is confusion, not better standard of living.

And I really don't think the Americans on this board have any idea what an ordinary Russian lives like. Hands up, who has been to Moscow and got put up in a place because Aeroflot could not get a flight out?
    How was that food and room?
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-01-2014 at 10:17 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I have heard of the IMF and I understand it's basically a choice between Brussels and Berlin financing Kiev or Moscow doing it. I know that Russia is not the only source of power in the world. The German's have been more than happy to lend Kiev money to this point. They just gave them $1b a week ago.

Kiev was winning too. they had kicked the rebels out of all the public buildings in various cities and had surrounded the final two large cities. When it became clear that a military victory was inevitable, Russia invaded from the south to relieve the two besieged cities and keep this farce alive.

you guys read like russian propagandists.
    the IMF doesn't produce gas, it can only lend capital. Russia still doesn't have to sell. and if you had been paying attention you would know that the IMF laid down an ultimatum: hold onto the east and crush the rebels or no loan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not hard to understand.

It will be hard to understand in retrospect, when they can't even produce enough Vodka, again.
    Putin is going slow playing the EU, he could have all he wants now.
    He is giving the EU a chance to make excuses for him.

Russia has one thing going for it, people. Lots of em. And arms of course.
    That was when the incompetent head Gorbachev ran things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was when the incompetent head Gorbachev ran things
    Oh you mean after the country was going down a dark hole the military put them in?
    The system was so rotten with corruption and then Reagan called BS and made Soviets spend even more money wastefully. You want pre Gorbachev days of glory, when people could not feed their families while government officials all had their own dacha?

Do you understand what a hole of corruption they are, and will continue to be? People think the US gov. does not work so well... Holy crap, just take a visit. You got people on this board who watch basketball on NBA TV while swilling beer and tacos and then go type on a GD message board thinking the US is some sort of ... No perspective, no frame of reference, spoiled lucky to be born in the right place at the right time numb nuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh you mean after the country was going down a dark hole the military put them in?
    The system was so rotten with corruption and then Reagan called BS and made Soviets spend even more money wastefully. You want pre Gorbachev days of glory, when people could not feed their families while government officials all had their own dacha?

Do you understand what a hole of corruption they are, and will continue to be? People think the US gov. does not work so well... Holy crap, just take a visit. You got people on this board who watch basketball on NBA TV while swilling beer and tacos and then go type on a GD message board thinking the US is some sort of ... No perspective, no frame of reference, spoiled lucky to be born in the right place at the right time numb nuts.
    Russia borders 15 nations and contains 9 time zones. It is extremely difficult to govern such a vast land. Reagan did nothing, it was the Petro Dollar that defeated USSR.

My good friends parents just returned from Moscow & St. Petersburg. They said it was beautiful and Moscow is the most luxurious city they've ever seen. USA contains similar inequality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin and Larvov have yet to lose one single faceoff vs Obama Buddin and Kerry

thinking they will flinch now.

blind dlusional homers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia borders 15 nations and contains 9 time zones. It is extremely difficult to govern such a vast land. Reagan did nothing, it was the Petro Dollar that defeated USSR.

My good friends parents just returned from Moscow & St. Petersburg. They said it was beautiful and Moscow is the most luxurious city they've ever seen. USA contains similar inequality
    It was the system that created the Petro dollar and Reagan who outspent the Soviet State militarily, which would have crumbled without him imo, Reagan just moved it up. These s import their wheat when they have more arable land for wheat than any nation... It's a total joke. As is their efficiency at getting hydrocarbons out of the ground. Their entire transport system is a joke. This is a nation run by children daring each other to take their shirt off while jumping into frigid water. But, the majority of people can't even swim, but , they can take it. They drowned under Stalin et al, they can drown under Putin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin and Larvov have yet to lose one single faceoff vs Obama Buddin and Kerry

thinking they will flinch now.

blind dlusional homers
    didn't Obama score a victory over Putin in Lybia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't Obama score a victory over Putin in Lybia?
    you mean the same Lybia where the US ambassador was masssacred and now the Jihadists are having pool parties at the US embassy?

that Lybia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mission accomplished:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the IMF doesn't produce gas, it can only lend capital. Russia still doesn't have to sell. and if you had been paying attention you would know that the IMF laid down an ultimatum: hold onto the east and crush the rebels or no loan.
    You were talking about money too. Nice to see you just abandoned that argument.

And you are so full of in your characterizations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are not looking at it like a capitalist. IF they lend them the money then their interests are inserted into Ukraine for the next few decades. This is also the type of situation that geopolitical powerbrokers like presidents and chancellors will push to get financed. Slovenia is a small Balkan state on the mediterranean. Kiev is one of the largest European countries economically, geographically, and demographically and right on Russia's door step.

Winter is still 6 weeks away. I imagine they have had discussion on how to handle Russia cutting off the gas considering they were first threatening it in the spring. and all summer. I know they are building a pipeline from the ME to the black sea as well. You are just fear mongering the unknown mainly. Let me know when Russia actually shuts off the gas. All they are doing to this point is preventing Ukraine from winning a military victory which they were on the cusp of doing.

Thread Information