Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili redeemed himself.
    Yes he did. Just like I thought he would. It doesn't change the previous year though. Ray Allen didn't beat the Spurs and neither did Lebron James or anyone else on the Heat. That series belonged to the Spurs in 6 games and they gave it away. The Heat and Ray Allen gladly accepted.

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it. Ray can actually drive to the hoop on occasions, and is clutch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO. MORE. OLD. S.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes he did. Just like I thought he would. It doesn't change the previous year though. Ray Allen didn't beat the Spurs and neither did Lebron James or anyone else on the Heat. That series belonged to the Spurs in 6 games and they gave it away. The Heat and Ray Allen gladly accepted.
    Sports are funny like that.

If everybody could hit a home run every time, then Babe Ruth wouldn't be a legend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is gonna miss half the season, so Manu will most likely play the back up point and Marco could be the backup SF just like now. I don't see a problem with Ray Allen on this team. He would get a lot of open shots.
    Cojo will have his shot but I wouldn't be suprised to see no point guard lineups at various points throughout the season. With Mani-Beli-Anderson/Daye-Diaw-and Ayers/Baynes.

If the Spurs somehow get Allen then that lineup with Allen sliding in at the 2 guard would be deadly. The foreign legion wasn't great defensively but blew teams doors off ,offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili redeemed himself.
    Yes he did, and then some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a bigger trade is about to happen. The recent news about Ayon and Allen as well as the previous training camp invites suggests, that the Spurs are trying to hide something more meaningful and bigger trade. CIA Pop is in action.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Doubt it happens. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I don't see why he would come here over Cleveland anyways.
    The Cavs are not the defending NBA champions, although ESPN and the media would make you think otherwise. IMO he hit a soul crushing shot against the Spurs in the 2013 NBA finals, but it was Pop's fault for taking Duncan out in the final moments of game 6, Bosh would have had a harder time getting that rebound with Duncan on him in which he kicked it out to Ray and you know the rest. It also didn't help that Manu played like sh*t in the 2013 finals, and he played well in 2014 finals and The Spurs destroyed the Heat in the 2014 NBA finals and got redemption, so tbh I don't see why Allen wouldn't have interest in the Spurs. His style of game fits the system Pop runs perfectly and signing Allen would allow the Spurs to make a trade to upgrade the roster. The Spurs biggest threats next season are not the Cavs or Bulls, it's the Thunder and Clippers. I'd say the Spurs if healthy can probably beat either Cavs or Bulls in the Finals. The Thunder and Clippers will be ready to take the Spurs on. Though if he doesn't retire he probably will sign with the Cavs or resign with Miami, but the Spurs make a ton of sense for basketball reasons.

Probably the most frustrating NBA game I ever watched, I am a Spurs fan and Bulls to, but the Spurs did give that game away and a championship. It all came down to Pop in the closing moments, the biggest mistake was taking Duncan out of the game. I am glad the Spurs got redemption and destroyed the Heat in the 2014 NBA finals but they need to play the whole 2014-2015 NBA season to try and repeat and get that championship back they gave away in 2013. The 2014 NBA le was earned 100%, and it was sweet redemption for giving that 2013 NBA le away but they need to try and get one more.
    Last edited by Chillen; 08-31-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't help but think a Ray Allen signing would mean a Marco B. trade for a more serviceable, and bigger SF/PF to play backup.
    Agreed. It would not make sense to have that many SG's. Also, Allen is not going to sign with a team and be the 12th man. I don't see him with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen? That would be like signing fisher... Damn

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen? That would be like signing fisher... Damn
    I see it more like the Horry signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has TSpence confirmed this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could also see him sign wit the clips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO. MORE. OLD. S.
    I lold

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Ray Allen is done. He struggled these last 2 years in Miami. If he hadn't made that 3 in game 6 last year, he would have been slammed for not performing. And this year in the Finals he was relatively horrible. His shot is off, he's 36, can't defend, and is wavering on retiring. At this point he's a name. The Spurs shouldn't want him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Low risk high reward if he not done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could totally imagine Allen signing with the Clippers, then saying some bull like "I didn't want to sign with the defending champions in consecutive free agencies" a few months later (or whenever the Clippers get eliminated.)

I'd take Allen though. When you're a championship team, the safest thing you could probably do is sign veteran talent. I'd probably trust Allen more than Belinelli come playoff time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would not be a bad signing by any means but would feel weird

i doubt spurs can afford playing time he will be looking for anyways so I'd surprised if it happens.

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Ray Allen is done. He struggled these last 2 years in Miami. If he hadn't made that 3 in game 6 last year, he would have been slammed for not performing. And this year in the Finals he was relatively horrible. His shot is off, he's 36, can't defend, and is wavering on retiring. At this point he's a name. The Spurs shouldn't want him.
    You are wayyyy off. He is 39.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish we had him in 2013.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably just messing around, seeing if by some chance (and considering they can't offer a rotation spot, only a good portion of the MLE would give them even a slim chance) they can keep him from the Cavs or Clippers.

As much as there's nothing separating him from Belinelli overall at this point other than his name, his perpetual motion/utilization of screens still causes problems for defenses.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ray allen. He might be better than marco, but I don't give a .

Thread Information