My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sign him in the robert horry role

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That makes no damn sense. He's a useless washed up scrub but, sign him to keep him away from everybody else. Logic 101 right here.
    He was pretty useless in game 6 a couple of years ago. My point was even though we can't use him (Marco better than he is at this point), but other guys sure as can. He can slot into OKC's or LAC's wing rotation with ease for 10-15 minutes minimum a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agent-speak. Throw a bunch of spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks.
    Whatever sticks is not al dente.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the Cavs are becoming unattractive to him. If they had a good record, he wouldn't be saying that.

Wouldn't be surprised if he went to the Wizards.
    Doesn't Pierce hate Allen for leaving Boston? I doubt he would go there. The Clippers is the best bet for me since Doc is there and they love signing washed up players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a reliable three point shooter the last five minutes of important playoff games. That said, I'm not sure that you couldn't say the same thing about 4 other guys on this roster. I wouldn't mind having Ray on the Spurs, but I'd rather have AK as we need a legit back up small forward behind Kawhi.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who says we have to give him the entire MLE, just offer a little more than the compe ion. That way it eliminates excuses, 'Best chance for a ring....Spurs, Money....Spurs, less wear and tear...Spurs." If the Spurs sign Ray does that mean we can't have Baynes, or can we like dump Daye or Ayers somewhere? I a not familiar with the world of guaranteed contracts.
    Do the Spurs even have the full MLE left? I thought they used part of it to re-sign Baynes. If that is true, then the remaining MLE is probably like 3 million.

Even if the Spurs do have MLE money to throw at Allen, I'd offer him only the vet minimum. Allen is chasing rings at this point and should be glad the Spurs are letting him ride the coattails.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray Allen cannot fit in a "Robert Horry role". What the are you guys talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should all know by now that this is all BS. Ray Allen will not be a Spur.
    Thank you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is probably better than Ayers too but that doesn't make him 6'10 its really irrelevant. Dayes role is a stretch 4, obviously Allen would be a 2 guard. I don't think the Spurs would go PG-less just to accommodate Allen in the second unit assuming Alllen-Ginobili-Belinelli-Diaw and Baynes is what you had in mind.
    Allen would be there to play garbage time and act as insurance during the annual Parker and Ginobili injuries. Ayres and Daye really shouldn't be in the NBA so the Spurs lose nothing by freeing up the roster spot. It's not like the Spurs absolutely needs to replace Daye with a tall guy. Any NBA caliber player will do. Bonner will be back soon anyways and Daye will probably be buried down at the bench next to Anderson.

I mean Allen isn't a great option but at this point, Spurs have absolutely nothing to lose by waiving Daye and signing Allen. If the Spurs need another roster spot later, Ayres is still on the chopping block.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray Allen cannot fit in a "Robert Horry role". What the are you guys talking about?

People here forgetting that Horry was a top-notch defensive player, good rebounder, and could block some shots occasionally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray Allen is a poor man's Belinelli at this point. Signing him would be completely redundant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray Allen is a poor man's Belinelli at this point. Signing him would be completely redundant.
    86 I have always loved your sig, but in the playoffs do you want Ray Allen or King Belli? For me it is not even close, Ray>>>>Belli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't Pierce hate Allen for leaving Boston? I doubt he would go there. The Clippers is the best bet for me since Doc is there and they love signing washed up players.
    Hmmmm....not sure. Where ever he goes, I wish nothing but the worst for him(excluding things like injury or death).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Spurs even have the full MLE left? I thought they used part of it to re-sign Baynes. If that is true, then the remaining MLE is probably like 3 million.

Even if the Spurs do have MLE money to throw at Allen, I'd offer him only the vet minimum. Allen is chasing rings at this point and should be glad the Spurs are letting him ride the coattails.
    Didn't they sign Baynes using the BAE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thought they just used some version of bird rights on baynes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    86 I have always loved your sig, but in the playoffs do you want Ray Allen or King Belli? For me it is not even close, Ray>>>>Belli
    Definitely take "King" Beli for the playoffs. Allen has declined in each of the past 3 seasons. His Net Rtg dropped from +12,to +5 and then +2. Belinelli does the same things essentially and he can score inside the paint off of cuts and pull ups and the occasional drive. I think he is a better player at the moment and a better fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't they sign Baynes using the BAE?
    thought they just used some version of bird rights on baynes
    Nope MLE. Can't use Early Bird rights on one-year deals, and using the LLE would have been foolish, since they may need it next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The MLE resets each year correct? So does it really matter how much we pay him if we don't use it for anything else? I think he's still a valuable asset bc he can hit the big shot at the end of the game. And it'd be nice to have a free throw shooter to get the ball to who's automatic. It's annoying when TP/Manu/Kawhi go 1 for 2 on big free throws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray Allen sucks, tbh, and his ring-chasing is embarrassing, at this point..I hope the Spurs don't even consider signing him, tbh, pathetic..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the criticism of "ring-chasing." What else should an older player do? Play for a crappy team? It makes sense at that age that the only goal would be a championship. Plus, jesus, what a bunch of overly emotional sissies: don't sign him, he broke my heart! Awww, you poor delicate macho sports fan! He did his job, playing his best for his team... that's why you should respect him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the criticism of "ring-chasing." What else should an older player do? Play for a crappy team? It makes sense at that age that the only goal would be a championship. Plus, jesus, what a bunch of overly emotional sissies: don't sign him, he broke my heart! Awww, you poor delicate macho sports fan! He did his job, playing his best for his team... that's why you should respect him.
    Yeah, a championship or the most amount of he could get make sense. Also, why are you being such an overly emotional sissy about people being overly emotional sissies?

"Oh boo hoo, they're not saying nice things about Mr.Allen. Whhaaaaaa "
    Last edited by DapDaGenius; 11-26-2014 at 02:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with ring-chasing when you're still capable of producing for a team, I have never insulted a player for chasing rings, tbh.. , even if you aren't capable, I don't mind seeing a player join a contender, just to get a token ring at the end of his career, or even just to spend his time in a winning, mature environment..

However, in Ray Allen's case, it's the most egregious and extreme example I have ever seen..he's no longer a good player, he shouldn't be in the rotation of a contender, yet he's still trying to ring-chase on a 2nd different team..doing it with 1 team is fine, a lot of players have done it, but this is going to join a ing 2nd team to ring chase again? it's embarrassing IMO, especially for a future HOFer..

I don't care about Ray Allen making the shot to extend the Finals, I respect that, it was his job and he did it..but I've disliked him since his feud with Bowen..he's the Ladanian Tomlinson of the NBA, with a reputation of being "classy" and adored by everybody, when in reality, he's extremely whiny and sensitive..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray Allen has resting face.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Of course Harlem isn't against ring chasers. Lebron is the ultimate ring chaser. Who even gives a about how whiny or sensitive he is... his teammates and coaching staff don't seem to mind and he's hardly a headcase in the locker room. Anyhow, if Ray Allen chooses any team other than the Spurs or OKC, he isn't chasing rings because everybody knows OKC is the only real threat to a Spurs repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, a championship or the most amount of he could get make sense. Also, why are you being such an overly emotional sissy about people being overly emotional sissies?

"Oh boo hoo, they're not saying nice things about Mr.Allen. Whhaaaaaa "
    I never said a word about people "not saying nice things" about Allen. That's completely made up by you.

Thread Information