My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's for a good cause and all, but there is a limit to how many times I can watch these recurring "challenge" videos... For me it was one.
    No disrespect towards Peter Holt.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This summer is so boring.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn't a challenge be challenging before we start calling it a challenge? Pit viper challenge? Fire Ants? Yellow Jacket challenge? HCl challenge? Ark of the Covenant challenge?

It's for charity, so "whatevs", but yes lame and tired. We could probably get all of America to do it if we just made it a little more lame. Open a bag of chips challenge? Fart into my couch cushion challenge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Everyone always finds something to about something good. I'm annoyed at people just doing this for fun because they are mentally re ed but if people actually donate to the cause then it's a good thing nonetheless.

SpUrsFan4EteRniTy! howbouthemspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Coach Pop done it yet?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Everyone always finds something to about something good. I'm annoyed at people just doing this for fun because they are mentally re ed but if people actually donate to the cause then it's a good thing nonetheless.
    It is good for ALS research. No doubt. Genius campaign to tap into our ongoing cultural of narcissism and addiction to celebrity. However, less than half, supposedly, that are doing the videos are actually donating money. A great deal more money than they collected last year. So, awesome. But for more than half, it's just a continuation of the attention-whoring of society. When I donate, or most others I know donate, we don't make a video of us doing it, nor do I make a video of me pretending to be involved with a cause when I'm just being a narcissistic and actually not donating. But, those s keep the viral nature of it spreading. To continue the biological analogy, they're carriers, where donating is the expression of the disease. They don't get sick themselves, but may make someone else sick. Genius campaign. Still getting tired. I am sure if they ran the Jerry Lewis telethon 365 days a year back in the day, it would have raised a lot of money for a good cause. Still would have gotten old.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-9696775.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes generally when you die it's because your heart stops beating

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes generally when you die it's because your heart stops beating
    Specious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is good for ALS research. No doubt. Genius campaign to tap into our ongoing cultural of narcissism and addiction to celebrity. However, less than half, supposedly, that are doing the videos are actually donating money. A great deal more money than they collected last year. So, awesome. But for more than half, it's just a continuation of the attention-whoring of society. When I donate, or most others I know donate, we don't make a video of us doing it, nor do I make a video of me pretending to be involved with a cause when I'm just being a narcissistic and actually not donating. But, those s keep the viral nature of it spreading. To continue the biological analogy, they're carriers, where donating is the expression of the disease. They don't get sick themselves, but may make someone else sick. Genius campaign. Still getting tired. I am sure if they ran the Jerry Lewis telethon 365 days a year back in the day, it would have raised a lot of money for a good cause. Still would have gotten old.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-9696775.html
    You make a good point and it seems that we both agree to the same ideas after all.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it generates money for an excellent cause then we should be able to put up with it for however long it lasts IMHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is the top three causes of death are preventable (in most cases), manageable illnesses. Nobody wants to donate money to save people from their own lifestyle choices.

Thread Information