Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    IMO... Based on overall strength/balance/parity of the league and NOT solely on the strength of the best teams therein... Extra weight given to the overall structural organization of the league itself...

1) English Barclays Premier League
    2) Spanish Primera División ''La Liga''
    3) German Bundesliga
    4) Italian Serie A (LOL ITALY)
    5) French Ligue 1
    6) Dutch Eredivisie
    7) Primera División de Argentina
    8) Futebol Brasileiro
    9) La Liga MX
    10) Portuguese Liga
    11) Turkish1 Ligi
    12) Russian Premier League
    13) Greek Super League
    14) Tie. Danish SAS Ligaen / Belgian Jupiter League
    16) Primera División Uruguay
    17) Primera División Chile
    18) U.S. Major League Soccer
    19) Primera División Colombia
    20) Primera División Paraguay
    21) Japanese J League
    22) Scottish Premiership
    23) Australian A-League
    Everyone else (i.e. Egyptian League / Israeli League / Bolivian League / Central American Leagues / Arabian League / etc...)
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 09-02-2014 at 01:52 PM.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    EPL
    LL
    Bundes
    Serie A

The rest can suck a

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    EPL
    LL
    Bundes
    Serie A

The rest can suck a
    So Top 4 consensus... no surprise there... I can't pinpoint if the last part of your answer is purely dismissive or just plain laziness...

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Kinda baffling that Brazil has such a top-level league for a 5-time world cup winning country.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Kinda baffling that Brazil has such a top-level league for a 5-time world cup winning country.
    The country being run by the mafia-types will do that... 'tis the way of corruption and greed...

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    Even if it is a bit of homerism, I'd rank the English chamionship (second division) about 18th on that list..

My Team
    Portland Timbers
    Post Count
    Scottish Premier League is ranked way too high. MLS is better than that abortion.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Scottish Premier League is ranked way too high. MLS is better than that abortion.
    I actually had it as a placeholder... didn't mean to have it that high...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    1. la liga
    2. premier league
    3. bundesliga, serie A
    5. primeira, league 1, eredivisie
    8. primera división argentina, russian premier, futebol brasileiro
    11. la liga mx, msl

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    1. England
    2. Germany
    3. Spain
    4. Italy
    5. France
    6. Holland

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    wheres the vleague? where owners can own 2 teams in one compe ion, lol vietnam...lol match fixing

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    1. England
    2. Germany
    3. Spain
    4. Italy
    5. France
    6. Holland
    Keep in mind the 4 big teams of the premier league can't compare with the best 4 teams of Spain. The Bundesleague is extremely loopsided, there isn't even a rivaltry for Bayern Münich, and both Madrid and Barça are clearly bigger clubs.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Keep in mind the 4 big teams of the premier league can't compare with the best 4 teams of Spain. The Bundesleague is extremely loopsided, there isn't even a rivaltry for Bayern Münich, and both Madrid and Barça are clearly bigger clubs.
    Compe ion-wise the EPL is the best. We're not talking about the sizes of the clubs, because obviously the La Liga will trump the EPL even with the Man Utd bandwagon.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Chelsea & Bayern are better than Barca. The middle & bottom of Spain sucks compared to England & Germany.

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    The stereotype that La Liga is more 'boring' than other leagues doesn't help it out popularity wise, as well as the fact that the clubs at the bottom of La Liga have absolutely no money as it all gets sucked up by the two teams at the top who are 100 times bigger.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Chelsea & Bayern are better than Barca. The middle & bottom of Spain sucks compared to England & Germany.
    That's why the Europa League is usually won by teams from England and Germany, right? Noooo that's right, Spanish teams dominate that too. Silly me.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    La Liga talent is at least on par with EPL. What hurts La Liga is the horribly boring duopoly between Barba and Real. Needeless to say Athletico winning the league last year was the best thing in a decade, and they were rewarded by having their team gutted. The post-WC spending spree of Barca and Real just highlights why it's become so stale to me.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    The stereotype that La Liga is more 'boring' than other leagues doesn't help it out popularity wise, as well as the fact that the clubs at the bottom of La Liga have absolutely no money as it all gets sucked up by the two teams at the top who are 100 times bigger.
    Not even just the bottom teams. In the EPL, teams like Tottenham, Everton and Newcastle do well with their revenues. Teams like Valencia, Sevilla and Atletico have to sell their star players because they are losing millions each year.

I remember seeing a stat from the 2012 season that Valencia(3rd place finish that year) made the same amount of money as Wolves(20th) in TV revenue. How is this possible?

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    That's why the Europa League is usually won by teams from England and Germany, right? Noooo that's right, Spanish teams dominate that too. Silly me.
    What? You mean Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Valencia? All the teams that have won it in recent years have been near the top of leagues. None of the teams in the middle or bottom of Spain have won it.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    What? You mean Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Valencia? All the teams that have won it in recent years have been near the top of leagues. None of the teams in the middle or bottom of Spain have won it.
    Yeah well, those are the kind of teams that play the Europa League. It's not like Spain gets their 5 to 8 teams in while England and Germany get their 12th to 15th, they all get their 5 to 8/9 and the Spanish teams are the ones that usually win it. There isn't an European cup for lower half teams but if there were I'm sure the Spanish teams would own it too, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Not even just the bottom teams. In the EPL, teams like Tottenham, Everton and Newcastle do well with their revenues. Teams like Valencia, Sevilla and Atletico have to sell their star players because they are losing millions each year.

I remember seeing a stat from the 2012 season that Valencia(3rd place finish that year) made the same amount of money as Wolves(20th) in TV revenue. How is this possible?
    Easy, the EPL is better marketed but I'm not sure that's good for football fans in England, tbh. While English teams are busy buying players from elsewhere Spanish teams can actually develop national talent.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I really tried to get into the EPL the last couple of seasons, but it's really a pussified league... I rather watch Calcio, tbh...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Australian A-League may be even tier than Chinese super league tbh, at least the s got abundant money (from real estate market) to lure some has-beens to their league, while even the best team out of Australian league wouldn't even survive in english football league championship (2nd devision in England) tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    List looks somewhat ok right now, but maybe I'd:
    - delete the gap between the first two and Bundesliga
    - shorten the gap between Serie A and Ligue 1
    - drop Futebol Brasileiro beneath Turkish1 Ligi or at least Portuguese Liga (and maybe Primera División de Argentina with them)

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Bundesliga with a strong opening UCL showing

Dortmund beat Arsenal
    Bayern beat City
    Schalke drew with Chelsea

Leverkusen the bed

Thread Information