Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Carolina reminds me of Cinci, tbh, top 3 defense in the league and the reigning division champs, but are "boring" and most analysts/fans didn't really want to pick them to win their divisions again(due to storyline/entertainment)..

Can't believe the Saints cut my favourite player of all-time, just so they could deploy the worst secondary in the NFC..he probably wouldn't have stayed healthy for more than 1 game, but still, have some respect for a first-balloter..

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    And Bucs, typical over-hyped off-season "sleeper team"..there's always 2-3 of those teams every year..

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Still gonna be a battle for the NFC South's top spot. Carolina looks like the favorites after two weeks (gotdamn that D looks good), but Atlanta still has a chance. And even though the Saints are 0-2 I'm still not counting them out. It's still early in the season...so 0-2 is not impossible to come back from. A couple of Carolina losses and we'll have a ballgame again.

Only team I'm counting out.......well......you know.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Carolina reminds me of Cinci, tbh, top 3 defense in the league and the reigning division champs, but are "boring" and most analysts/fans didn't really want to pick them to win their divisions again(due to storyline/entertainment)..

Can't believe the Saints cut my favourite player of all-time, just so they could deploy the worst secondary in the NFC..he probably wouldn't have stayed healthy for more than 1 game, but still, have some respect for a first-balloter..
    I think injuries were the reason he was released, but there's no way he couldn't get playing time as a CB on this team. Patrick Robinson has never been good and Corey White is at best a nickel/slot corner.

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I think injuries were the reason he was released, but there's no way he couldn't get playing time as a CB on this team. Patrick Robinson has never been good and Corey White is at best a nickel/slot corner.
    He hasn't been able to stay on the field for the past 2-3 years, tbh, and even when he did, he was usually rusty from lack of playing time and conditioning, but I'm still surprised the Saints released him with such terrible alternatives..

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    This is the worst division in the NFL. 9-7, maybe even 8-8 will take the crown

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    AFC South says o

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The presence of the great JJ Watt makes the AFC south light years better than the NFC south

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    There are 5 (maybe even 6) divisions that are currently playing awful, awful football.

NFC West
    AFC North

That's it. If the Chiefs win tonight add the AFCW too. The Raiders are the Raiders though

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    There are 5 (maybe even 6) divisions that are currently playing awful, awful football.

NFC West
    AFC North

That's it. If the Chiefs win tonight add the AFCW too. The Raiders are the Raiders though
    Any division witth broncos/chargers playing the way they are is a good division.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Get in here and represent Silver&Black

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Get in here and represent Silver&Black
    Speak of the devil and he may appear...

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    How about them Bucs baby!!!!! LOL Steelers....

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Speak of the devil and he may appear...
    Yesterday was the first time all season that I actually thought the Bucs really had upside. It reminded me of 2010 in that the team played better than the sum of their parts. They'll need some strong off-seasons, I think. But with the NFC South kind of weak, Tampa may well have a chance to make a play for a division le soon.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Yesterday was the first time all season that I actually thought the Bucs really had upside. It reminded me of 2010 in that the team played better than the sum of their parts. They'll need some strong off-seasons, I think. But with the NFC South kind of weak, Tampa may well have a chance to make a play for a division le soon.
    I hope you're right about that part. But let's not get carried away...did you see the Atlanta game last week???

But you're right...this division has gone to in the past two weeks.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    The McCown injury was the best thing that has happened to the Bucs in years...

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    The NFC South says o right back

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I hope you're right about that part. But let's not get carried away...did you see the Atlanta game last week???

But you're right...this division has gone to in the past two weeks.
    I mean in a couple of years. They've been recovering from some terrible years/coaches. It's strange that their free-agent lineman haven't worked out yet. If those guys can play at the level they're expected to, I think the team will be a lot better. That passing game has a chance to be sign when Evans and ASJ get some seasoning.

Honestly, I think they need to scrap the Tampa-2. They don't have the DEs for it, and I don't see them getting them any time soon.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    I mean in a couple of years. They've been recovering from some terrible years/coaches. It's strange that their free-agent lineman haven't worked out yet. If those guys can play at the level they're expected to, I think the team will be a lot better. That passing game has a chance to be sign when Evans and ASJ get some seasoning.

Honestly, I think they need to scrap the Tampa-2. They don't have the DEs for it, and I don't see them getting them any time soon.
    Yeah Evans has looked good...sucks about the injury today.

If we scrap the Tampa-2 what are we gonna run? More Nickel and Dime? We just don't get good play out of our linebackers in the Tampa 2. They drop back into coverage when they should rush the QB/RB and they rush the QB/RB when the should drop back into coverage. Plus we aren't getting the consistent pressure with our DEs either.

I totally agree though...Defense needs an overhaul bad ( ..at least a coaching up).

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    that was the one time Freeman had a strong season... and unfortunately if gave then OC Greg Olson a bigger name than he deserved, and now he's with us

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    If we scrap the Tampa-2 what are we gonna run? More Nickel and Dime? We just don't get good play out of our linebackers in the Tampa 2. They drop back into coverage when they should rush the QB/RB and they rush the QB/RB when the should drop back into coverage. Plus we aren't getting the consistent pressure with our DEs either.
    Well, there are a lot of different types of nickel and dime defenses. As far as base defense goes, I just think they should go toward a blitzing scheme with bigger linemen who play straight-up and not penetrating. That, or something sort of like what the Giants used to run in their recent SB years or even what Cinci runs now. McCoy's obviously great enough. But he seems to be the only lineman who can beat a guy by himself. The Tampa-2 relies on fast ends to get around their men, but the Bucs' DEs are actually normal sized, and so the scheme doesn't really fit them.

The linebackers seem fine, at least when they're healthy. David's an All Pro, and Foster would be good if he didn't play in a cover-2. Getting a dominant Mike prospect like Mosley would allow the team to shift Foster to the Sam where he belongs, but that's pretty far down on the priority list.

The secondary's messed up. It makes no sense to play zone when they're playing two SSs at the back. Barron is a disappointment, but I think he'd be better as an in-box safety with a true centerfielder behind him. Goldson needs to go, and he probably will in the off-season when his guaranteed money is paid out. Also, they team should get better man corners. Relying on zone defense is what gets you picked apart by teams like Atlanta.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    that was the one time Freeman had a strong season... and unfortunately if gave then OC Greg Olson a bigger name than he deserved, and now he's with us
    That was one of the funnest seasons in memory for me. The Ravens were good but not really exciting that year. They had an easy schedule and took advantage. Then, they lost to Pittsburgh in heart-breaking fashion in the Divisional round. Tampa was exciting as with Freeman's comebacks and Morris' gambling defense. I really thought Raheem had what it took to be a legit d-coordinator with the way he coached up that band of UDFAs. It's a shame he hasn't really gotten a shot. Also, that was the year Blount came on the scene with 1000 yards in 14 games, including some tremendous runs. The Bucs missed the post-season on a terrible call OPI that the NFL apologized for later.

To think it all went to after that.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah Blount had some Lynch vs Saints esque runs

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Chinook....

I know it's a difficult question to answer...but what do the Bucs have to do to make deep playoff runs again. I mean we haven't had one in 12 years and the way things are I don't see one on the horizon either. The easy answer would be that we simply don't have the right QB to compete with the likes of Drew Brees, Cam Newton, and Matt Ryan.

Seriously, what needs to be done? Is it the owner? I mean we don't spend money like the other teams in the division. And when we do..it's a 1-year contract to Revis for 16 million dollars. Why can't we spend the same amount of money and sign a lesser player to a 2-3 year contract? Is it the GMs fault?

What the needs to be done to fix this trainwreck?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Everyone spends money. It's a hard cap league

Thread Information