Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Yeah the NFL just started having a "salary floor" though. I'm talking about the last 12 years. The Bucs were notorious for not spending money during that time...and the money they do spend now is a joke.

Why do we let so many of our draft picks go? After the 1st initial contract..they're gone.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Yeah the NFL just started having a "salary floor" though. I'm talking about the last 12 years. The Bucs were notorious for not spending money during that time...and the money they do spend now is a joke.

Why do we let so many of our draft picks go? After the 1st initial contract..they're gone.
    It's because most of them suck, unfortunately. Tampa just hasn't drafted very well at all.

Ultimately, Tampa won't be a deep-playoff team until they get more experience and continuity. They have no savvy vets on their squad who know what it takes to win. And it's not like they're Seattle where they just have to much talent (that fits in their scheme) that they can overcome their inexperience. On that subject, the Bucs need more talent, especially in their depth. That comes from drafting well. I'm not sure they had that great of a draft this season, considering they took a running-back in the third when it wasn't a position of value at all. They'll need to stack on a few years of good drafts and solid signings to get better.

The Bucs need to focus on becoming a good team before they think about how many playoff games they want to win. A lot of teams win it all by peaking at the right time after looking pedestrian going into the tournament. I actually think the 2010 team would have won a playoff game had they not been screwed by the refs. They lacked talent, but Freeman was special that year. Would have been interesting to see them try, especially because Tampa getting the right call would have knocked the Champion Packers out of their sixth seed.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Everyone spends money. It's a hard cap league
    Eh. It's a hard cap, but the floor is a relatively new thing (at least the floor being so high) and the way the cap can be rolled over now and the way that the floor is set as a five-year average and not a yearly thing has allowed Tampa to get away with spending little money until last off-season. That's how the 2010 Bucs team had a roster full of UDFA's and players on rookie deals.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    It's gonna take a while I know. I'm patient though...

But hey...At least we're better than the Steelers...right?

I know you being a Ravens fan..you must of been going crazy to see the Steelers lose to the Bucs.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    With those Hideous uniforms, I'd rather not see the Bucs do well so they can stay off the television. LOL Raiduhs. This is an underperforming division for sure.

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count
    Byrd done for the season

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Byrd done for the season
    He's been dog all season anyway.

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count
    He's been dog all season anyway.
    On the bright side falcons oline can't stay healthy, Panthers defensive ends keep getting suspended and the bucs are the bucs

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    With the way Michael Johnson looked last week, there's real hope that Tampa's pass-rush will become legit. I still think the Bucs aren't ready, but their defense may be pretty good by year's end, and they may well win some games.

But the South looks to be Atlanta's to lose, especially since they own wins over the Bucs and Saints already.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Atlanta's terrible. They're barely a 9-7 team and haven't played a road divisional game yet.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Atlanta's terrible. They're barely a 9-7 team and haven't played a road divisional game yet.
    True.

The division will be won by either the Saints or the Panthers. I didn't see any of the Panthers game today but I noticed that they erased a 14 point deficit. Nice win by them. For the Saints, they showed guts by coming back from 11 in the 4th Quarter to win their 19th home game in a row with Payton/Brees. The Saints-Panthers games should be fun this year.
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 10-05-2014 at 04:33 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    True.

The division will won by either the Saints or the Panthers. I didn't see any of the Panthers game today but I noticed that they erased a 14 point deficit. Nice win by them. For the Saints, they showed guts by coming back from 11 in the 4th Quarter to win their 19th home game in a row with Payton/Brees. The Saints-Panthers games should be fun this year.
    Even though the schedule becomes difficult, the hardest games are at home. Still, need lots of improvement across the board to win the division.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Even though the schedule becomes difficult, the hardest games are at home. Still, need lots of improvement across the board to win the division.
    Brees's mistakes are the reason this game was even close. He refuses to take a sack. Also, the roughing the passer penalty on the first possession of the send half changed the game. Our D would have gotten off the field, instead Tampa scores.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Cam's block on Lance Briggs

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    that was the play that changed the game and won the game for the panthers

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    • Quarterback Cam Newton, before he took off his pads and before he went for treatment, stopped by the locker of rookie wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin to let him know he was going to be “on his ass" this week. Benjamin had a couple of big drops that could have made Newton’s final rating look even better, and the win a little easier. It was all playful, though.
    I will give spurraider21 credit where it's due. Benjamin makes some very amazing/acrobatic plays, but he had some big drops today. Hopefully consistency will come in time, hopefully this year. As far as I'm concerned, he's our #1, but our go-to guy is Greg Olsen.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    as i've always said, i like benjamin. but i thought the panthers downgraded at receiver overall, as benjamin can't be a reliable WR1 at this stage. he was considered to be raw coming out of FSU

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Nice comeback by the Panthers. Keeps them a game up right now.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Nice comeback by the Panthers. Keeps them a game up right now.
    Missed the NO game. Nice win in the end.

Carolina has an absolutely brutal schedule that includes consecutive games against Seattle, @GB, @ Cinci, @ Philly and NO at home I believe.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Missed the NO game. Nice win in the end.

Carolina has an absolutely brutal schedule that includes consecutive games against Seattle, @GB, @ Cinci, @ Philly and NO at home I believe.
    Brees was hot and cold overall. Throw for a bunch of yards, but also 3 picks where two of them led to 14 TB points. Defense was shaky until the 4th quarter. Overall not a good performance, but they got the win. Don't see the Saints better than a 8-8 team right now unless the team drastically improves.

The Saints have a bye week then here is there schedule:

At Detroit, home to Green Bay, at Carolina, home to SF, Cincy, and Baltimore, at Pittsburgh, home to Atlanta, at Chicago, home to Carolina, and at Tampa.

This division is up for grabs, but the Panthers seem to be the best road team.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Tampa gained ground of the division during the bye week. Just terrible all around.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    What a ing joke that one of these teams will get a home playoff game. Pathetic.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    What a ing joke that one of these teams will get a home playoff game. Pathetic.
    Yep. Although, you have to admit: It would be hilarious for a 7-9 Saints team to host Seattle in the first round and beat them.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Saints didn't want to be in a virtual tie for 1st in the division. They would rather blow a game that they dominated for 55 minutes.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Tampa gained ground of the division during the bye week. Just terrible all around.
    Tru dat....

Thread Information