Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    It's hard being on the losing side of those close games. If we lost another nail biter I may have jumped through a window.
    LOL...good win but seriously....cry me a river. Only Bucs, Raiders, and Jags fans should feel like jumping through a window right now. You're the defending SB champs...it could be a lot worse....Trust me.

The only thing I can root for is the 1st pick in the draft next year...

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Easy blowout win at home tonight. Clearly ref protected though according to some wonderful ST posters. It sucks that Brees had declining numbers though; 311 yards, 3 tds, 138.4 passer rating.... 20th straight home win, including playoffs.

After an 0-2 start, the Saints have finally climbed into 1st place in the division. Thursday night's game at Carolina is huge. The winner might as well win the South this season.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Cam played like ass in the second half, but I've got to question the play-calling more than anything.
    Yeah, it's the "playcalling" that makes suck... I think you've officially blamed everyone and everything BUT for his failures now.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Easy blowout win at home tonight. Clearly ref protected though according to some wonderful ST posters. It sucks that Brees had declining numbers though; 311 yards, 3 tds, 138.4 passer rating.... 20th straight home win, including playoffs.

After an 0-2 start, the Saints have finally climbed into 1st place in the division. Thursday night's game at Carolina is huge. The winner might as well win the South this season.
    More important for the Panthers to win this week. Hopefully the Saints avoid beating themselves and play like they're capable.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    LOL...good win but seriously....cry me a river. Only Bucs, Raiders, and Jags fans should feel like jumping through a window right now. You're the defending SB champs...it could be a lot worse....Trust me.

The only thing I can root for is the 1st pick in the draft next year...
    This is true, it could be a lot worse. But when you've never won, and you finally break through, you want to hold onto that as long as you can. Didn't mean to seem ungrateful about the recent success by any means.

I thought you guys had so much promise, with the emergence of Doug Martin. But everything can change so fast in this game. Surely you can understand why I would react in such a way.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    More important for the Panthers to win this week. Hopefully the Saints avoid beating themselves and play like they're capable.
    Ingram playing like that can certainly change the outlook of things going forward. He was certainly playing very well prior to the broken hand, but if he can relieve Bree's and take advantage of favorable fronts, then the Saints should be on their way to capturing the division crown IMO.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Ingram playing like that can certainly change the outlook of things going forward. He was certainly playing very well prior to the broken hand, but if he can relieve Bree's and take advantage of favorable fronts, then the Saints should be on their way to capturing the division crown IMO.
    Yeah he has to stay healthy and Payton/Brees have to commit to the running game, especially on the road where crown noise can play a factor with calling signals at the line, etc. The defense will never be great, but they've been good enough the last two weeks especially if the offense plays to its potential. What worries me this Thursday night is the team falling behind early due to turnovers and poor play-calling just like the Cleveland loss. Stick with the running game and the team should be fine.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Yeah he has to stay healthy and Payton/Brees have to commit to the running game, especially on the road where crown noise can play a factor with calling signals at the line, etc. The defense will never be great, but they've been good enough the last two weeks especially if the offense plays to its potential. What worries me this Thursday night is the team falling behind early due to turnovers and poor play-calling just like the Cleveland loss. Stick with the running game and the team should be fine.
    As long as the defense doesn't give up more than 21 you should be ok. You certainly don't want to play catch-up either. Graham still doesn't look like himself, that would be concerning if I were an N.O fan, but there are so many options on that side of the ball. But one thing I have noticed is that when Cooks is a big part of the offensive scheme, the Saints win. When he isn't, they've lost. Aside from week one but that was a 3 point game. Not that it means anything, but it's just a general observation.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    As long as the defense doesn't give up more than 21 you should be ok. You certainly don't want to play catch-up either. Graham still doesn't look like himself, that would be concerning if I were an N.O fan, but there are so many options on that side of the ball. But one thing I have noticed is that when Cooks is a big part of the offensive scheme, the Saints win. When he isn't, they've lost. Aside from week one but that was a 3 point game. Not that it means anything, but it's just a general observation.
    Yeah Payton admitted he needed to give Cooks some more touches and it worked out last night. Graham did look alot better last night compared to last week especially after he caught a couple of passes and took a couple of hits. He seemed to be more comfortable in the 2nd half, but he definitely needs to get back to his old self. Payton used a 3 TE set last night which worked great since they had enough blockers for the running game and allowed Graham to make plays in the passing game. Never seen that before from the Saints.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Too bad the Saints/Seahawks can't play 16 home games...

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    This is true, it could be a lot worse. But when you've never won, and you finally break through, you want to hold onto that as long as you can. Didn't mean to seem ungrateful about the recent success by any means.

I thought you guys had so much promise, with the emergence of Doug Martin. But everything can change so fast in this game. Surely you can understand why I would react in such a way.
    Yeah...the Bucs won the 2002 SB. Then the next year traded away the entire team. We finally broke through...just to go back to the Yucks.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Yeah...the Bucs won the 2002 SB. Then the next year traded away the entire team. We finally broke through...just to go back to the Yucks.
    we in the group too. We in suck and have sucked ass since I was born in 93

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    we in the group too. We in suck and have sucked ass since I was born in 93
    Ok....you're in. Welcome to the My NFL Football team blows club.....

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Bucs want a 2nd round pick for 31 year Vincent Jackson? Yeah that's not happening.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Mark Barron traded to the Rams

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count
    NFC South has 2 wins this month

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    If Saints win this Thursday, they will end up winning at least 10 games.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    NFC South has 2 wins this month
    Not necessarily....the NFC South already has one tie under its belt. You of all people should know....

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count
    Not necessarily....the NFC South already has one tie under its belt. You of all people should know....
    Tie=/=win

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    You're right...sorry I read your original comment wrong. My fault...Have mercy on a fellow poster.

BTW...what are you doing in this thread? This thread is for terrible football teams only. You and your Bengals don't deserve to be in this ty thread. It actually makes you look bad to be hanging around with the likes of the the NFC South teams. C'mon Kawhi...you're better than this. Leave us the alone...

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I'm assuming we can close this thread since this division is wrapped up.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    I'm assuming we can close this thread since this division is wrapped up.
    Fine with me....

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Not so fast Pelicans78....

The NFC South is still a 3 team battle. That Carolina tie might end up turning into a "win" at the end of the year. However, I still think the Saints have the inside track to win the division.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Saints host Atlanta and Carolina later this year so that will create some separation. I don't think the Panthers will do better than 7-8-1. Atlanta won't get to .500 either. Saints will be favored in 5 of their remaining 7 games.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Tough loss today but the Saints will be fine. Even in the loss, the team has continued to improve and their running game has been good and consistent. I could see these teams facing off again in the playoffs.

Thread Information