QB Ratings:
    Based Anderson: 116.1
    Newton: 72.6

Completion Percentage:
    Based Anderson: 62.5%
    Newton: 54%

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    With that pathetic excuse for a last drive from , when will the Panthers' brass admit the obvious and make Anderson the starter?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    maybe we can trade back and let them take mariota

Post Count
    The Panthers must see that the Newton gimmick has been figured out by now, right?

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    veteran day

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If not for two garbage time scores, he'd have 9sacks and a 0-3 ratio

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    If not for two garbage time scores, he'd have 9sacks and a 0-3 ratio
    If not for 3 interceptions (wasn't one just bull at end of game) and 9 sacks, he would have 2 touchdowns and no picks

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Sanchez>

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It's real obvious the problem with the Panthers is that offensive line.

Post Count
    Nah, the problem is the mental midget quarterback. was still a loser behind quality O-lines his first three years.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I'd give him one more week to get straightened out based on his play in the fourth quarter last night. If he s the bed @ home against Atlanta, make the switch. They still have an opportunity to win the division and DA is good enough to be a short-term solution, imho.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    How bout dem Browns, Avante.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Nah, the problem is the mental midget quarterback. was still a loser behind quality O-lines his first three years.
    Unlike you I have no ax to grind, I don;t give a about the Panthers. You have this "black QB's are dumb" thing going on, I don't.

Only a fool (like you) wouldn't get this. That o line is terrible, now what happens....yep...third and long, now what?

Think little guy, ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How bout dem Browns, Avante.
    Just think if Gordon had been there? Yep, they will be in very serious contention in the next couple years, we are seeing the start of that right now.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If not for 3 interceptions (wasn't one just bull at end of game) and 9 sacks, he would have 2 touchdowns and no picks
    garbage time interceptions are legit interceptions, the team is desperate and dares more than usual garbage time tds otoh are not legit tds since the defense simply doesn't care about defending.

Post Count
    You have this "black QB's are dumb" thing going on, I don't.
    No, I have a " Newton is a scrub" thing going on, mainly because it's the truth.

Only a fool (like you) wouldn't get this. That o line is terrible, now what happens....yep...third and long, now what?
    Real quarterbacks with sub-par O-lines adjust to the lack of protection by getting the ball out quicker. Most Super Bowl-winning teams in recent years have had mediocre O-lines at best, yet they've also had great QB performances. Why? Because the QB adjusts to the weaknesses of their O-line. is just too much of a mental midget to do the same.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    No, I have a " Newton is a scrub" thing going on, mainly because it's the truth.

Real quarterbacks with sub-par O-lines adjust to the lack of protection by getting the ball out quicker. Most Super Bowl-winning teams in recent years have had mediocre O-lines at best, yet they've also had great QB performances. Why? Because the QB adjusts to the weaknesses of their O-line. is just too much of a mental midget to do the same.
    has inconsistent mechanics as well.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Who isn't a mental midget in your book? You don't accomplish what he has in his career as a mental midget.

Dude, did you see the game last night? How many times did they mention that O line...well? I'll try again.......he spends too much time in third and long.......ok?

As usual you're wrong once again.

Post Count
    Who isn't a mental midget in your book? You don't accomplish what he has in his career as a mental midget.

Dude, did you see the game last night? How many times did they mention that O line...well? I'll try again.......he spends too much time in third and long.......ok?

As usual you're wrong once again.
    What exactly has accomplished in the NFL other than padding stats in the regular season? Zero playoff wins ever.

Rivers spends lots of time in third and long as well, yet he was considered an MVP candidate until the defense quit last week. Why? Because he's a real quarterback who can adjust on the fly. isn't.

, look at Brady. The best player on his O-line got traded for some scrub tight end before the season, yet he is still playing at a high level.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What exactly has accomplished in the NFL other than padding stats in the regular season? Zero playoff wins ever.
    What has Derek Anderson done? And you seem to get wet over him....why?

Post Count
    What has Derek Anderson done? And you seem to get wet over him....why?
    I'm not saying Anderson is the future, but he's the best pocket passer on their roster right now and it's not like they're winning anything with .

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm not saying Anderson is the future, but he's the best pocket passer on their roster right now and it's not like they're winning anything with .
    Where do you get this..."best pocker passer"..thing at? Have you ever took the time to look at what the guy has actually done? How about researching things just a tad bit...ok? Google...Derek Anderson stats....then tell me what you see.

I'll make it easy for ya slugger.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...A/AndeDe00.htm

Look at that woeful comp % that td/INT ratio. This is an upgrade over Newton, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Where do you get this..."best pocker passer"..thing at? Have you ever took the time to look at what the guy has actually done? How about researching things just a tad bit...ok? Google...Derek Anderson stats....then tell me what you see.

I'll make it easy for ya slugger.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...A/AndeDe00.htm

Look at that woeful comp % that td/INT ratio. This is an upgrade over Newton, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's funny is that this supposed "great pocket passer" Derek Anderson has worse career passing numbers across the board than the Atlanta version of Michael Vick despite having better receivers to throw to than Vick did in Atlanta. Unlike Anderson, Vick can at least make plays with his feet. Accuracy and taking care of the football has always been a weakness for Anderson which why he's not an upgrade over Cam. All and all the Panther really need to draft a QB this offseason.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    When it's all said and done, Derek Anderon will not be remebered for winning because he has lost everywhere he's been.

He will not be remember for what he's done in the postseason because he has never been to the postseason.

He certainly will not be remember for being a good quarterback.

This is the only thing Derek Anderson will be remember for.

Thread Information