18 69.23%
  • Cum "Zero Playoff Wins" Newton

8 30.77%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    For the same reason why anyone ever sat on the bench behind Tebow, Manziel, RG3, or Krappernick. Desperate franchises get blinded by gimmicks and cling to them well past their sell-by date.

What is "studity"?

The Panthers and NFL were ripped to shreds for not putting him in the concussion protocol after taking several hits to the head against Denver. And he was taken off the field this week to check for a concussion after even more hits to the head. And when he hasn't been busy getting concussed, he's injured his throwing hand and ankle. In previous years, he's played on an ankle injury he first got in college and gotten his ribs fractured by Jamie Collins in the preseason.

The way $cam plays - relying on his athleticism, running around, holding the ball for an eternity - is getting him injured by exposing him to contact that smart quarterbacks know how to avoid. And six years into his career, he's not going to change.
    How long did any of those guys ya mentioned last? Here Newton is in his sixth season, coming off an MVP season/SB appearance. You honestly don't understand the difference, really?

Newton is a great QB, if ya can't see that you shouldn't be posting here. No he's not on that Montana, Brady, Peyton, Rodgers etc level, but he is on the next level. How many QB's can say that.

I'm guessing all this Derek Anderson is a troll, right? Even a dummy like you can't be serious about him starting over Newton.

You show how tiny you are with commenting on spelling, dude, come on guy.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    $cam is not a "great" QB. Unless he has a come-to-Jesus moment and learns how to beat teams with his brain and his arm, he never will be. Great QBs can read a defense and get the ball out quickly.

The only reason he's lasted longer than other gimmick QBs is because he's built like a linebacker. Even with that advantage, he's still started getting injured every week.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    $cam is not a "great" QB. Unless he has a come-to-Jesus moment and learns how to beat teams with his brain and his arm, he never will be. Great QBs can read a defense and get the ball out quickly.

The only reason he's lasted longer than other gimmick QBs is because he's built like a linebacker. Even with that advantage, he's still started getting injured every week.
    Yes he is, and his stats back that up. And where do you get this silly....injured every week....at? Come on guy, how many games has he missed, well?

In case ya haven't noticed little guy, the QB position is changing, ok? Little different game now, and guys like Newton, Russell Wilson are where it's at. The running threat, that ability to extend plays. Put a efense in that....will he run or pass?

Come up to speed little man, ok?

Derek Anderson, hahahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    So far this year, he's 28th in DYAR and 29th in DVOA. That's worse than Brock Osweiler, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, Tyrod Taylor, and Ryan Tannehill.

Last year, he was 11th in DYAR and 12th in DVOA. That was worse than Jay Cutler, Kirk Cousins, and Andy Dalton. This was his MVP season, BTW.

The year before, he was 36th in DYAR and 33rd in DVOA. That was worse than Shaun Hill, Ryan Lindley, Mike Glennon, Brian Hoyer, Drew Stanton, and a bunch of other scrubs.

Where are all these stats to back it up?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Derek Anderson is a good back-up in this league, and can definitely keep us afloat. Definitely not who I want to face Tampa on MNF, but it is what it is.

One thing I am particularly excited for is Anderson to spread the ball around more. He seemed to really get Funchess involved. Newton's mechanics haven't been there, but you can't help but think he suffered a concussion in that game against Denver.

Last week was a pretty good glimpse of what we can expect from Anderson. Close comebacks led by costly interceptions in crunch time. We really need Jonathan Stewart to get healthy. Rest up, Newton.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So far this year, he's 28th in DYAR and 29th in DVOA. That's worse than Brock Osweiler, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, Tyrod Taylor, and Ryan Tannehill.

Last year, he was 11th in DYAR and 12th in DVOA. That was worse than Jay Cutler, Kirk Cousins, and Andy Dalton.
    Did you really say..."so far this year"...? Hahahahahahaha~~~~ oh yes, 4 weeks tells all we need to know, right?

Dude, STOP DOING THAT, ok? Really rookie to play that ok half pint?

Pay attention...

Week one the Rams get their ass kicked by my Niners...THEY SUCK~~~~~~~~ right?

Now think guy, ok?

Post Count
    Last year, 's passer rating dropped more than 40 points under pressure.

This year so far...

Against Denver: 77.4 QBR without pressure, 48.4 QBR under pressure
    Against San Francisco: 105.4 QBR without pressure, 129.2 QBR under pressure* (*only pressured on 7 of his 42 drop-backs)
    Against Minnesota: 47.6 QBR overall while under constant pressure all game
    Against Atlanta: 105.3 QBR without pressure, 46.7 QBR under pressure

Every QB is affected by pressure to some degree, but a "great" QB in year 6 should never be ting the bed like this on a consistent basis.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Last year, 's passer rating dropped more than 40 points under pressure.

This year so far...

Against Denver: 77.4 QBR without pressure, 48.4 QBR under pressure
    Against San Francisco: 105.4 QBR without pressure, 129.2 QBR under pressure* (*only pressured on 7 of his 42 drop-backs)
    Against Minnesota: 47.6 QBR overall while under constant pressure all game
    Against Atlanta: 105.3 QBR without pressure, 46.7 QBR under pressure

Every QB is affected by pressure to some degree, but a "great" QB in year 6 should never be ting the bed like this on a consistent basis.
    So where do we put the guy? Drop the internet BS and get real, can ya do it?

We both know you don't really think Anderson is better, so just where does Newton belong?

top 8
    second 8
    third 8
    bottom 8

Well?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Really looking forward to tonights game and the Great Derek Anderson getting another shot to show why the Panthers goofed by having him sitting while " " is out there making a fool of himself.

Forget the fact with no threat of the run those safties can back off and look for 100% pass. But being this is THE GREAT WHITE HOPE, it won't matter, he'll carve them up with that gaudy 71.2 QB rating of his (Russell Wilson had a 110.1 in 2015).

After they totally dominate the Buc;s with Derek "The Destroyer" Anderson doing his vintage combo Marino, Montana, Brady, Peyton impersonation it will be real obvious that " : needs to grab a clip board and watch some football, maybe pick up some pointers from THE A TRAIN Anderson. (hey the great one could get hurt)

I can see 28 of 30, 350 yards, 4tds/0 picks, as the start of something big for the one and only.....DEREK "THE DIAMOND" ANDERSON.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-10-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Post Count
    For someone as obsessed with almanac trivia as you are, I'm surprised you aren't picking the Panthers to win. After all, Anderson is 2-0 in this "spot."

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    For someone as obsessed with almanac trivia as you are, I'm surprised you aren't picking the Panthers to win. After all, Anderson is 2-0 in this "spot."
    What's funny is I'm not obsessed with trivia at all, it's just 55 years of watching this stuff, you will pick up on some things.I have no almanacs, just an incredible memory/experience. , saw the LA Chargers play.

Let's look at this "spot".

On MNF, the Buc;s as a RD are 2-5 ATS, the Panthers as a HF 3-3. So that's a 8-5 trend which is real weak, so you'd pass as far as ATS goes.

If talking SU.

Carolina at home vs the Buc's.

2015...win 38-10
    2014...win 19-17
    2013...win 27-6

Carolina at home from 2014...15-4
    Tampa Bay on the road from 2014...6-12

There is no logic in backing the Buc's in this "spot" talking SU. And, that's without factoring in that huge Derek "THE DESTROYER" Anderson advantage, that's 17 points right there.

Panthers at home in a must win situation on MNF AND the one and only...DEREK "THE CHOSEN ONE" ANDERSON in charge....how can they lose?

Post Count
    By the "spot," I meant Anderson starting for the Panthers against Tampa. Not Monday Night Football or Carolina being at home against the Bucs. But you knew that, you're just deflecting.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    By the "spot," I meant Anderson starting for the Panthers against Tampa. Not Monday Night Football or Carolina being at home against the Bucs. But you knew that, you're just deflecting.
    You do not ignore a "spot' where teams break routine like MNF, TNF, it is a real big deal and all these teams deal with it differently, just like headng into a bye week/coming off a bye week.

You really don't know this?

Eagles/Steelers the two best NFL franchises since 1990, with the Bengals/Texans the worst on MNF. So what would happen of the Steelers played the Bengals on MNF?
    Last edited by Avante; 10-10-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Here it is the Panthers big chance to tun it around and gret back in the mix.

beat TB
    beat Saints
    bye
    home vs Cards
    at Rams

They could win all those games, so...6-3. If they can't beat the Buc;s at home they don't deserve to be in the mix.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-10-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    CN, hopefully your dumbass FINALLY saw why Derek "Turnover Machine" Anderson sits on the bench, HE SUCKS~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INT
    overthrows the 6-5 Benjamin in the endzone
    throws behind Olsen on the one
    when he tries to run...FUMBLE~~~~
    INT in the endzone
    we heard Gruden say numerous times....that could have been an int also.

I realize ya don't understand QB rating, dude...71.2...is terrible, that is Andersons career rating, now you see why, HE SUCKS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, 4 INTs in just two games, that's on a 32 in a season pace.

The white boy sits on the bench because of a black QB and a black QB in just his second season out played his 33 year old ass.

ing rookie~

Post Count
    Anderson: 2-0 without
    Mike Shula: 0-1

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Anderson: 2-0 without
    Mike Shula: 0-1
    It wasn't Mike Shula with a career...60td/61int.
    It wasn't Mike Shula ...FUMBLE~~~~
    It wasn't Mike Shula over throwing the6-5 Benjamin in the endzone.
    You saw that one pass that should have been a pick six.
    You heard Gruden...that should have been picked...numerous times.

Dude, we all saw it ok little man, Derek Anderson ing sucks, ok?

Derek Anderson wouldn't make a zit on Cam Newtons ass.

Post Count
    Newton would have been shut out tonight. He's that bad.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Newton would have been shut out tonight. He's that bad.
    Then ya wonder why I laugh at your dumb ass and treat ya like what you are, a ing know nothing.

Now here ya are doing your usual bull , totally ignoring how ed up Anderson is by talking about the last NFL MVP.

Stupid, we all saw why this guy sits on a bench, ok? FIVE...turnovers in two games.

Dude, when Newton is in there that D is...will he run or pass..? With Anderson in there it's...wll he throw an INT or fumble...hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully he gets another shot at it, this is fun.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-10-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I played cornerback for 4 seasons of HS football. When we faced a white guy who couldn't run that made my job so much easier, all I had to do was lock on a receiver, I had no fear of having to worry about the QB running. When we faced Hanford, Tulare Union with all those blacks guys and a black QB who could scoot it was a whole other situation. Now I had to not only cover but worry about a running QB.

Russell Wilson is the hardest QB in the NFL defend, Cam Newton is also hard to defend. Both can hurt a defense with their legs, they put a whole other kind of stress on a defense that a Derek Anderson who can't run a lick without fumbling doesn't.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-11-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I said to myself before the game last night.

There must be a good reason the guy only has a weak ass 71.6 career QB rating. Well it didn't take long to find out what that was, yep.....he sucks. He came real close to throwing 4 INT's, one would have been a pick six.

We need to see him start one more game, really cement the fact he sits on a bench for a reason.

CN is a funny little , is he really this out of touch with reality?

What a loser.

Last edited by Avante; 10-11-2016 at 11:17 PM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I said to myself before the game last night.

There must be a good reason the guy only has a weak ass 71.6 career QB rating. Well it didn't take long to find out what that was, yep.....he sucks. He came real close to throwing 4 INT's, one would have been a pick six.

We need to see him start one more game, really cement the fact he sits on a bench for a reason.

CN is a funny little , is he really this out of touch with reality?

What a loser.

off dude. He's miles better than any QB San Fran has to offer.

Edit: 10,000th post... on my bday.....what are the odds

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    off dude. He's miles better than any QB San Fran has to offer.

Edit: 10,000th post... on my bday.....what are the odds
    You talking about a franchise that is 5=1 in Superbowls, and has had all these players on the roster who are now in the Hall of Fame (or will be)

Bob St. Clair
    Leo "Lion" Nomelini
    Joe "Jet" Perry
    Hugh "King" McElhenny
    Y.A. tle
    Jim Johnson
    Dave Wilcox
    Joe Montana
    Steve Young
    Ronnie Lott
    Charles Haley
    Terrell Owens
    Deion Sanders
    Rod Woodson
    Randy Moss
    O.J.Simpson
    Bullet Bob Hayes
    Frank Gore....by the end of 2016 will be in the top 10 rushers in history

Speaking of QB's

Y.A. tle..Hall of Fame
    Joe Montana....Hall of Fame
    Steve Young...Hall of Fame
    Colin Kaerpnick came within a bad call of winning a SB

And if ya compare Derek Andersons stats to Kaepernicks, guess what?

Not to mention.

Jeff Garcia
    Jim Plunkett
    John Brodie

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "Derek"

so he finally got
    another shot
    so what's he do
    a fumble, a pick
    make that two

he threw the ball high
    he threw it low
    he was the same old Derek
    we all know

sitting on a bench
    can't be good
    but it's pretty obvious
    Derek Anderson should

there is a reason
    he is a back up
    he wouldn't make a zit
    on Cam Newtons butt

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So Osweiler totally sucks, right?

What if I told you he is far superior to what Derek Anderson had done at the same age?

Google Derek Anderson stats then those of Osweiler.

, I;ll even do the work.

Check out both guys prior to 27 years old.

Anderson

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...A/AndeDe00.htm

Osweiler

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...O/OsweBr00.htm

Yet Anderson was going to be the savior while Osweiler just sucks, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Check out Eli Manning prior to 27.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MannEl00.htm
    Last edited by Avante; 10-25-2016 at 12:30 AM.

Thread Information