- Great feel for the game

- Great passer

- Very good PnR game

- Floater is my bread and butter..

- Very good Midrange shooter

- Pesky defender

Weakness

- Not the most physically gifted. 5'8 in height

- Defense can take advantage of my height ( People rarely do this anyway in a street game so it's all good)

- Mediocre Handles for a PG

- Poor outside shoot..Honestly, this weakness makes it really hard for me to drive to the basket

- Stamina/cardio..Currently an Issue since I don't have time nowadys to work on my cardio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have the typical unathletic white game. my strength is mid-range jumpers, and weird floaters/bankers off balance. i have awful handles/athleticism . i do hustle quite a bit on defense, and when playing a pickup game that's actually a solid trait since most people half-ass on that end, especially in a full court match

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I used to be like a mike James type..tenacious defender and streaker scorer who can drive or shoot. I've also been told I play like manu with some of the craftiness on offense and sneaky defense. But it's been over 7 years since I've really played, kind of sad now. Once u graduate high school you kind of realize it's time to grow up and do more than just go to the gym every day.
    Last edited by m>s; 09-07-2014 at 11:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have the typical unathletic white game. my strength is mid-range jumpers, and weird floaters/bankers off balance. i have awful handles/athleticism . i do hustle quite a bit on defense, and when playing a pickup game that's actually a solid trait since most people half-ass on that end, especially in a full court match
    You're the guy drawing charges in a pick up game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah ... i don't think i've ever called for a foul since 10th grade or something like that. even when i get hit on a shot. i just think its overall a move and there should be different standards for a pickup game than an official game. not that i go around slapping people's arms, but if there's some body contact, it should slide

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my College basketball/PED days:

Strenghts

- Athleticism(pretty good vertical, but speed was/is my best attribute, I'm usually faster than my opposition)

- Mid-range J

- Passing

- Basketball IQ

- Defense..good 1 on 1 and great at playing the passing lanes

- Posting up opposing PGs

- Conditioning + Build..gym rat + juicing..

Weaknesses

- Just a good ball-handler..you have to be a great ball-handler to make it at a high level at my height(6'1)

- Over-passing..Chris Paul-esque over-passing..

- Bad temper..got into a lot of fights with opposing players and refs, tbh

- Falling asleep on defense when not mentally engaged

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guys I play with...I'm the tallest at 6'2. So I play under the basket the entire game. If I had to pick a Spur to compare my game to...it would prob be Tiago. Can't shoot 5 feet away from basket but I can make the lay-up (more like a 1 ft jump shot) pretty consistently.

Basically.....I suck at basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu or Wade esque slasher without a great jump shot and only 6'3. Good passer and help defender, never a great rebounder or pure scorer.

when I'm in shape, I can basically hold my own at against anyone in the gym that didn't play in college.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm pretty much a lockdown defender that can seriously bang with the best down low. I'm pretty much useless offensively unless it's putbacks or blowing by my defender and drive to the rim since I have an insanely quick 1st step

I'm honestly one of the best shot blocker even at my height. I'm pretty good chasing people on a fast break and reject that shot from behind. All ball too.

But yeah. I can't dunk and my jumper is suspect. So if you need a glue guy that will do the dirty work then pick me.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Basketball was so much more fun when you were a kid, me and my friends (one of which has even since passed away) would play all day every day with dreams of playing in college. Back then basketball was life. Simpler times, damn I am getting old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strengths

-
    decent midrange shot

-Great perimeter defense. I love guarding the best player in the opposite team.

-Great at finishing around the rim

-Athletic. I was always told i had hops. I'm 6' 0" and that's like being 6' 10" when going against the mexicans (which is 8/10 times)

Weaknesses

-Bad passer.

-Bad rebounder. I am capable at getting great rebounds, my problem is my timing grabbing rebounds is god awful.

-Mediocre handles (working on it)

-Bad screener.

-Bad outside shooting (i don't bother, i always try to penetrate).

- Posting up

-Stamina

Overall i would say my style of play is ginobili-esque trying to penetrate and iverson like at finishing at the rim

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I would on everyone in this forum.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Basketball was so much more fun when you were a kid, me and my friends (one of which has even since passed away) would play all day every day with dreams of playing in college. Back then basketball was life. Simpler times, damn I am getting old.
    Truth

I remember when I can touch the rim with no issues. If I had a bigger hands I could dunk lol. But now I'm pretty lucky if I could elevate 20 inch off the ground

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5'7 can touch the rim

quickstep and vertical

can low posts like duncan or hakeem on offense/defense

have a sweet pullup midrange jumper

dont like shooting 3s or chasing a turd around the court on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel bad for all you s that can't shoot 3s, tbh..

I couldn't shoot 3s until late high school, makes basketball sooo much more fun..

Only downside is that you'll fall in love with the shot and avoid driving for periods of time, it's inevitable..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm 6' 0" and that's like being 6' 10" when going against the mexicans
    i know that feel. i'm 5'11 which makes me a small forward when playing with armenians

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can drive with either hand and finish with either in traffic. Use to be light quick but the college pounds have made me add some bulk/gearth. I'm usually a point guard type but I have a postgame that can get me out of bad situations vs taller players. I hate playing in games with players that have that me first mentality.

Streaky shooter with a euro game...

Defensively I can guard anyone (quick feet, long hands, 6"0" with shoes).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    offensively i play a lot like rip hamilton. its difficult in a random pickup game when we aren't exactly running offense, but i still use guys as screens even if they aren't intentionally setting them . basically run around like a madman until i get an open midrange look. if i need to i can step out further behind the line, but its definitely not my bread and butter. if i catch and pump i can make little leaners/runners/one handers which tend to annoy people. but i cant initiate anything for offense unless i get a pick and pull up, assuming they go under.

my height is pretty average but i'm lengthy. i have an unusually small torso but long limbs . it helps be defend guys of different sizes/positions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I've been draining 3s since middle school. My shot, passing and defense are probably my strengths. Seriously I have some Manu-esque passing minus the bounce passes. Handles acceptable but not great, ill handle the ball if I'm playing on a ty team. hate rebounding and playing down low. Average speed/quickness/vertical. Pretty crafty too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or I guess that was my game back in the day. I'll be lucky to last a couple mins in a full-court game today. Last thing I really added was a Euro step and stepback jumper which was like 5 years ago tbh.

I'd probably still ball on most s here though. I imagine most people here have a game similar to spurraider, at least he's honest though.
    Last edited by FkLA; 09-08-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for Michael Jordan/Kawhi to describe his game

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    spurraider21 wrote like hes applying to the clippers or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurraider21 wrote like hes applying to the clippers or something
    if they are in need of an unathletic 5'11 small forward they're in luck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That guy

always trying to draw charges on black top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raaaaaaaaaaaaain drops

Thread Information