Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually we examined this in depth on realgm a few weeks ago. There was argument if he was the worst or the 3rd worst defensive bigman in the NBA. Either way he ranks basically dead last in every defensive measure except man to man PPP. That one facet he ranked 30th as a big.

Basically he's hideous defensively.
    Pek's defensive numbers from last season certainly stick as a sore thumb but at least a part of the reason for that is the completely disfunctional Wolves system. I'm not saying he's a good defender but he could really give Duncan a lot of troubles one on one because he's extremely strong and Duncan has lost a lot of weight and quickness in recent years. It'd be very difficult for Duncan to post him up continuously and also having a good mobile shotblocker next to him would miraculously ( no, not so miraculously ) improve Pek's numbers, make no mistake.

The biggest difference, though, would be on offense where either Splitter would have to guard him, which would mean having Duncan away from the basket chasing Ibaka, or risking being in foul trouble and mainly fatigued having to guard Pek under the basket.

The Thunder could do a lot worse than trading Jackson, Perkins and a 1st for Pek IF they're willing to take on his contract, which is not a given knowing their recent history. However, with the cap projected to increase significantly more teams would be willing to take on such contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUMP!

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information