Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic Johnson is calling for Danny to step down......Just a thought here about who will
    try and buy the Hawks.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic Johnson is calling for Danny to step down......Just a thought here about who will
    try and buy the Hawks.....
    It's so sad that millions of people die from HIV/AIDS but Magic's ass is the one that gets to pull through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Ayers gets insulted in this forum almost every minute but none of them, at least none that I have read, were attributed to his race. Once you touch race, its a whole different ballgame.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the offensive stuff that is routinely posted here, any outrage is nauseating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, what does owning a counterfeit store shop and swindling people because he's got a little African in him imply about his basketball skills? If you don't think it was a direct generalization about Africans (as implied by the "Not in a bad way, but..." meaning that what follows refers to his "little bit of African in him") then I don't know what to tell you. It's like saying "David Blatt has a little Jew in him. Not in a bad way, but he's like a guy who would swindle you out of some money and then own a bank because he's a gold-grubbing little rat" and then saying "b-but I was only talking about his coaching skills, not the Jewish people!"

I don't think Ferry is necessarily a racist, but he absolutely should be fired for being stupid enough to say something like that. Donald Sterling was banned for life and had his property forcibly auctioned for the contents of a private conversation.
    The "not in a bad way" contradicts what he's saying afterward. Which leads me to believe the second part is a seperate statements.

I read it as "he's got a little African in him (eg. he's not a pampered, AAU kid), but he's a counterfeit". Two unrelated statements. The counterfeit part could just as well be an expression that he used with no intended racial undertone. For example, I and other people I know didn't even get the "stereotype" until it was pointed out. At first--and until I hear otherwise I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt--I thought it was just an harmless expression.

Before, I get in on the crusade that will end up costing a couple people their jobs, I'm going to take the less cynical interpretation of it and give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he meant nothing by it.
    Last edited by mingus; 09-09-2014 at 08:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racism and reverse racism is a false equivalence. White people in privileged positions of power denigrating people who have historically been oppressed is not equivalent to black people doing the same with white people.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racism and reverse racism is a false equivalence. White people in privileged positions of power denigrating people who have historically been oppressed is not equivalent to black people doing the same with white people.
    Wrong you stupid .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong you stupid .
    Ad hominem. Yet another logical fallacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor has it Danny Ferry once read Huckleberry Finn out loud. Damn racist!
    His favorite movie is The Birth of a Nation, tbh.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ad hominem. Yet another logical fallacy.
    Reverse racism IS racism. WTF? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reverse racism IS racism. WTF? lol
    The term "reverse racism" is completely unnecessary since it seems to imply that the "inverse" is justifiable. Regardless, it's still a stupid term since the very definition of racism includes any race that is a victim of racial oppression.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The term "reverse racism" is completely unnecessary since it seems to imply that the "inverse" is justifiable. Regardless, it's still a stupid term since the very definition of racism includes any race that is a victim of racial oppression.
    I know. I was trying to educate that uneducated person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't see anything too bad about Ferry or the owner's comments. if Ferry had said "he has some nigg3r" in him I can understand the outrage, as that wouldn't be kosher for a big business. I think he was making more of a cultural remark than anything. In Spain the Africans are always pushing the counterfeit or bootleg stuff.

I hope he isn't fired for this, 's getting out of hand with the phony outrage. Let liberals do their Ludovico technique on him so he's re-educated and move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ferry does look like a neonazi imo

well deserved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. I was trying to educate that uneducated person.
    I never said that reverse racism wasn't racism; I said that to equate the two was tantamount to false equivalency, because the moral culpability that derives from both is decidedly unequal. You, my dear, are committing the Straw Man Fallacy.

If I'm so uneducated, why am I the one educating you on your cascading series of logical fallacies?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Ayers gets insulted in this forum almost every minute but none of them, at least none that I have read, were attributed to his race. Once you touch race, its a whole different ballgame.
    He is bad in spite of his race lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said that reverse racism wasn't racism; I said that to equate the two was tantamount to false equivalency, because the moral culpability that derives from both is decidedly unequal. You, my dear, are committing the Straw Man Fallacy.

If I'm so uneducated, why am I the one educating you on your cascading series of logical fallacies?
    Its like quota systems, they are 100% racist and a get even policy ins uted by liberal white apologists. Instead of making it on your own merit you are being downgraded or upgraded based off your color. The ultimate form of racism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    truth is the white man shot hisself in the foot by going after Sterling. You reap what you sow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I've ever read or heard anything more stupid than this and I've been on this board for 10 years, so I've witnessed prime Ducks, KBP, etc.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 09-10-2014 at 02:12 AM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this isn't racist, just stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's free to say whatever he wants. From a marketing standpoint, I also see why a business or businesses might want to part ways with him. The whole moral judgement thing is just a distraction, different people have different feelings about the subject (as seen on this thread, and out in the world everyday).

What kinda sucks is that his entire management career might be finished over a ty player like Deng, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I've ever read or heard anything more stupid than this and I've been on this board for 10 years, so I've witnessed prime Ducks, KBP, etc.
    The fact that all you people can do is resort to ad hominem attacks while being unable to present a single reasonable counterargument based upon logical premises to refute my point tells me all I need to know.

Just to make it clear: obviously, I don't think reverse racism is justifiable. Reverse racism is still racism, and such, is morally reprehensible. It is highly immoral for black people to be bigoted against white people, just as it is for white people to be bigoted against black people. I never stated otherwise.

What I did state, however, is that the two are not on the same plane of moral culpability. White people have historically been in a position of privilege and power, and as such, are more accountable for their racist actions. By analogy, a rich person stealing from a poor person is far worse than a poor person stealing from a rich person. That isn't to say that stealing in the latter cir stance is justifiable (it clearly isn't). But it does acknowledge that those two actions shouldn't be held to the same moral standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information