Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poorsung's next "innovation" will be bundling a rotary landline phone with a pencil and a pad of paper and calling them "new features"
    "Hay guise! We have this thing called a 'stylus' and if you push that contraption on the screen and move it around, words form! It's a totally new feature and never used before by humans!"

Samsunk selling people a $200 piece of paper and pencil + facebook machine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trolling aside, the Note 4 also has photo to handwriting and text recognition. I think Nokia was the first to have OCR from photos but it's a very welcome addition to the Galaxy Note 4. The possibilities are endless you're a lazy college student. You can copy your classmates' notes and edit them at your convenience. Surely the S PEN isn't the first stylus on a phone and certainly it won't be the last. But the features it packs helps in the overall user experience of the Note 4. If you have a phone stylus that can act as a mouse with multiple selections and drag and drop and all that , I don't see how it's a bad thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus you can use it to clean your teeth

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Plus you can use it to clean your teeth
    Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trolling aside, the Note 4 also has photo to handwriting and text recognition. I think Nokia was the first to have OCR from photos but it's a very welcome addition to the Galaxy Note 4. The possibilities are endless you're a lazy college student. You can copy your classmates' notes and edit them at your convenience. Surely the S PEN isn't the first stylus on a phone and certainly it won't be the last. But the features it packs helps in the overall user experience of the Note 4. If you have a phone stylus that can act as a mouse with multiple selections and drag and drop and all that , I don't see how it's a bad thing.
    tbh when I was in college, I was one of the better note takers. why would I want to share my hard work with those lazy worthless freeloaders who I'll never see again after the semester? also, I tried writing on tablets with both an apple and android . and that's what they were... . I prefer hand writing with my chicken scratch or just typing on a laptop. if I really wanted notes or something, I just take a picture and look at that. though I do get where you're coming from...I just have zero use for it. sorry venti

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "Hay guise! We have this thing called a 'stylus' and if you push that contraption on the screen and move it around, words form! It's a totally new feature and never used before by humans!"

Samsunk selling people a $200 piece of paper and pencil + facebook machine.
    Poorsung will literally start selling books with pictures of people's faces in them and call it the "all-new mobile Facebook"....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poorsung makes the bulk of it's money selling low-priced phones on emerging markets. Which really goes to show that packing "features" (gimmicky or otherwise) really don't mean anything if you don't have a compelling experience around it.

The biggest problem for poorsung on the high end isn't hardware, it's software. They don't completely control the platform, and that's why they set out to build Tizen. But I also think they're finding out that building the infrastructure that Google and Apple have built it's a lot more work than it looks like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As-salamu alaykum. lefty, I preordered an iPhone 6 plus for you. I'm gonna buy you the 128 gb version since I know all your funds are going towards ISIS at the moment. I'm fairly certain that if Muhammad was alive today, he'd have one too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As-salamu alaykum. lefty, I preordered an iPhone 6 plus for you. I'm gonna buy you the 128 gb version since I know all your funds are going towards ISIS at the moment. I'm fairly certain that if Muhammad was alive today, he'd have one too.
    Muhammad and his henchmen were the reason why every iOS device with iTunes was terrorized with the new U2 album.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, everybody already knew that, but Apple just confirmed that they were behind the compe ion the whole time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    det trolling

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn, everybody already knew that, but Apple just confirmed that they were behind the compe ion the whole time
    but Samsung isn't in control of their platform

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iPhone 6 Sales Crush Means Late-Night Waits For Some Early Adopters

Even after the months of hype and speculation, the behind-the-scenes development and manufacture, and then the announcement Tuesday, it seems Apple's servers weren't quite ready for the workout they got from would-be early adopters of its newest iPhone. Preorders through Verizon Wireless and AT&T largely started without a hitch at midnight, though some customers on Twitter have since complained about issues. Those problems were nothing compared to the issues experienced by Sprint and T-Mobile customers. The Sprint and T-Mobile sites were still down for many users nearly two hours after presales were slated to start. Access to Sprint's site faded in and out, while the T-Mobile site continued to display a form to register for a reminder for when the preorders began. Some people joked on Twitter that they "might as well wait for the iPhone 6S now." Apple's store itself was down for a few hours, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iPhone 6 Sales Crush Means Late-Night Waits For Some Early Adopters

Even after the months of hype and speculation, the behind-the-scenes development and manufacture, and then the announcement Tuesday, it seems Apple's servers weren't quite ready for the workout they got from would-be early adopters of its newest iPhone. Preorders through Verizon Wireless and AT&T largely started without a hitch at midnight, though some customers on Twitter have since complained about issues. Those problems were nothing compared to the issues experienced by Sprint and T-Mobile customers. The Sprint and T-Mobile sites were still down for many users nearly two hours after presales were slated to start. Access to Sprint's site faded in and out, while the T-Mobile site continued to display a form to register for a reminder for when the preorders began. Some people joked on Twitter that they "might as well wait for the iPhone 6S now." Apple's store itself was down for a few hours, too.

Isheep : " holy bigger screen, it's a REVOLUTION, let's all stand for 10 hours in a lineup !!!! !

Isheep next year: " holy , Micro SD card !!!!!!!!!!! we have to get the new iPhone!!!!!!! !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isheep : " holy bigger screen, it's a REVOLUTION, let's all stand for 10 hours in a lineup !!!! !

Isheep next year: " holy , Micro SD card !!!!!!!!!!! we have to get the new iPhone!!!!!!! !

You forgot the prequels:

big phones are stupid. Smart people use a tiny screen.

8 gigs is more than I'll ever need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot the prequels:

big phones are stupid. Smart people use a tiny screen.

8 gigs is more than I'll ever need.
    "smart people"

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Poorsung fans: "Can't wait to buy the new Galaxy beeper! Dat advanced 1980's technology "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poorsung fans: "Can't wait to buy the new Galaxy beeper! Dat advanced 1980's technology "
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    claims to never heard of beeper technology until Samcuck releases it next year
    when the package is this pretty, no one cares what's inside
    smelly cat smelly cat, what are they feeding you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anybody preordered?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, what new features are apple fans most excited about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    claims to never heard of beeper technology until Samcuck releases it next year
    when the package is this pretty, no one cares what's inside
    smelly cat smelly cat, what are they feeding you
    What are you talking about tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poorsung fan calling anybody sheep
    buying poorsung does make you different... (poor basically)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, what new features are apple fans most excited about?
    I hope that Apple Pay takes off, tbh... although I won't update my 5S just for that...

Thread Information