My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually he isn't.
    actually he is. When he started against OKC he forced Ibaka out of the paint.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually he is. When he started against OKC he forced Ibaka out of the paint.
    We won because Pop put Kawhi on westbrook for long minutes not because bonner played 5 ing minutes. lol Errors also helped us win too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won because Pop put Kawhi on westbrook for long minutes not because bonner played 5 ing minutes. lol Errors also helped us win too.
    He averaged 15 mpg over the final 3 games. The Spurs were +15 in those 3 games when he was on the floor. He also shot 40% from 3pt in those games.

Pop went to him specifically to draw Ibaka out of the paint because Splitter and Duncan because of the lack of spacing with Ibaka patrolling the paint.

It also allowed Pop to keep Diaw coming off the bench without having to alter his rotations.

Green was more effective on Westbrook. I think Pop did because of the p&R with Westbrook and KD. The Spurs could switch the screens and not get burned by mismatches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook pretty much destroyed Leonard for most of that game. Kawhi couldn't stop fouling him. Bonner absolutely owed Ibaka (and everyone else) on defense. Go back and watch the game.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He averaged 15 mpg over the final 3 games. The Spurs were +15 in those 3 games when he was on the floor. He also shot 40% from 3pt in those games.

Pop went to him specifically to draw Ibaka out of the paint because Splitter and Duncan because of the lack of spacing with Ibaka patrolling the paint.

It also allowed Pop to keep Diaw coming off the bench without having to alter his rotations.

Green was more effective on Westbrook. I think Pop did because of the p&R with Westbrook and KD. The Spurs could switch the screens and not get burned by mismatches.
    We should just have played him 30mpg if he was really effective. You just showed me plusminues stats?
    Please post his stats and not just uhhh 40percent from three.
    Pop put Kawhi on westbrook for games 5 and 6 and made him shoot for those last 2 games.

Everyone knows what happens when you give bonner big minutes in the playoffs.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook pretty much destroyed Leonard for most of that game. Kawhi couldn't stop fouling him. Bonner absolutely owed Ibaka (and everyone else) on defense. Go back and watch the game.
    One dunk you stupid .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One dunk you stupid .
    Your takes have been bottom-of-the-barrel since you started posting, but they've never been this bad.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your takes have been bottom-of-the-barrel since you started posting, but they've never been this bad.
    Please go back and watch the games.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " One of Gregg Popovich’s adjustments for Game 5 was shifting his best defender,Kawhi Leonard, onto Russell Westbrook and assigning Danny Green to Kevin Durant. The Spurs stayed with those matchups the majority of the first three quarters. The maneuver worked to some degree, in this way. Westbrook got up just 12 shots in 30:48 of playing time, though he still played well — 21 points on 6-of-12 shooting, seven assists, three steals, four rebounds.“I think I did OK,” Leonard said of guarding Westbrook. “We all did well as a group defensively, by just keeping a hand up and forcing difficult shots for everyone. Everyone was there with a hard edge and just playing the game with aggression and being physical.” "

This is all after game 4 at okc where westbrook blew up for 40 points 10 assist 5 steals and 5 rebounds and 3 turnover.
    Ya tripping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please go back and watch the games.
    Don't have to. I actually charted the whole thing in a thread during the series. Unlike you, I didn't just say "One dunk you stupid ." I actually quantified the performances. Out of the three main Westbrook defenders (Leonard, Green and Parker), Kawhi allowed the highest PPP. Even Beli did better (in a too-small sample size). The main reason for that is that Kawhi fouled Russ eight times, compared to Green and Parker each only fouling him three times.

Ibaka shot 2/8 against Bonner over the final two games of the series.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't have to. I actually charted the whole thing in a thread during the series. Unlike you, I didn't just say "One dunk you stupid ." I actually quantified the performances. Out of the three main Westbrook defenders (Leonard, Green and Parker), Kawhi allowed the highest PPP. Even Beli did better (in a too-small sample size). The main reason for that is that Kawhi fouled Russ eight times, compared to Green and Parker each only fouling him three times.

Ibaka shot 2/8 against Bonner over the final two games of the series.
    Please go back and watch the ing games.
    You fail to realize that opponent points allowed is just a small portion of the entire ing game.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a fact that Abaka shot poorly against Bonner, but it was mostly Abaka himself rushing/not getting into a rhythm and missing shots.

TBH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please go back and watch the ing games.
    You fail to realize that opponent points allowed is just a small portion of the entire ing game.
    It's not. What you fail to realize is that Parker and Green actually dominated Westbrook defensively in Game 4. Russ scored most of his points in garbage time.

You look like a fool. First, you think Splitter is just a product of the system, then you think that Kawhi shut down Westbrook. You don't even know why Pop made the switch, do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a fact that Abaka shot poorly against Bonner, but it was mostly Abaka himself rushing/not getting into a rhythm and missing shots.

TBH
    That's part of it for sure. It's more than Ibaka thought he had a mismatch against Bonner and tried to exploit it. But Matt's actually a really sound defender, so Ibaka just threw possessions away.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's part of it for sure. It's more than Ibaka thought he had a mismatch against Bonner and tried to exploit it. But Matt's actually a really sound defender, so Ibaka just threw possessions away.
    Next you're going to say he is a good rebounder too.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not. What you fail to realize is that Parker and Green actually dominated Westbrook defensively in Game 4. Russ scored most of his points in garbage time.

You look like a fool. First, you think Splitter is just a product of the system, then you think that Kawhi shut down Westbrook. You don't even know why Pop made the switch, do you?
    I can't read your anymore. It's all junk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. An absolutely terrible poster. I can't believe you tried to make an appearance on here bring this level of bad takes. You don't even watch games.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. An absolutely terrible poster. I can't believe you tried to make an appearance on here bring this level of bad takes. You don't even watch games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably because you're too busy laughing things you don't understand.

C'mon, bro. Why did Pop make the switch of Leonard onto Westbrook? What piece of evidence do you have that supports that Leonard was a markedly better defender on Russ besides the dunk numbers? Who do you think is most responsible for preventing dunks?

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't post that much here, but you have to be one of the dumbest mother ers I have ever seen. I seriously think you have the Intelligent Quotient of my right nut sack. Maybe.

ing disagree with Chinook all you want, but telling him to watch the ing games? Seriously, I don't know how anybody could more clear than you did that you are one stupid . Not that he needs me to defend him. Like I said, you just made it clear how utterly re ed you are. I just wanted to chime in.

ter McGee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually he isn't.

Red Mamba = Champion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should just have played him 30mpg if he was really effective. You just showed me plusminues stats?
    Please post his stats and not just uhhh 40percent from three.
    Pop put Kawhi on westbrook for games 5 and 6 and made him shoot for those last 2 games.

Everyone knows what happens when you give bonner big minutes in the playoffs.
    News flash, Westbrook always shoots like against the Spurs bringing up his struggles against us in the WCF in games 5 and 6 and making it sound like Kawhi shut him down is just silly. Like Kawhi

over the past 3 seasons postseason included Westbrook has shot 41% of worse in 10 of the 22 meetings against the Spurs in each of those games he took at least 15 shots save for a 2-10 performance.

in 8 games in had at least 4 turnovers. Virtually all of those games had Green as his primary.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

Did you even read my last comment? Pop put Bonner in to force Ibaka out of the paint (which he clearly did) it allowed for Diaw to continue to come off the bench. His individual stats are relatively usesless. His job was to keep Ibaka out of the paint and knock down 3's when the opportunity presented itself. He did that.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't post that much here, but you have to be one of the dumbest mother ers I have ever seen. I seriously think you have the Intelligent Quotient of my right nut sack. Maybe.

ing disagree with Chinook all you want, but telling him to watch the ing games? Seriously, I don't know how anybody could more clear than you did that you are one stupid . Not that he needs me to defend him. Like I said, you just made it clear how utterly re ed you are. I just wanted to chime in.

ter McGee
    Suck his already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TBH
    He underestimated Bonner and Ibaka isn't much of an offense presence beyond his jumper. Its not like he could score on Bonner consistently anyways, in the post, even if he didn't rush his shots.

Thread Information