Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Some of your facts are a bit off too

He was in his car when spotted Martin for the first time.

He then called the non emergency dispatcher

He lost track of Martin so he followed him on foot. The dispatcher asked him if he was following him and he replied "yeah" she responded "Sir you don't need to do that" (true, its not breaking the law by not listening as you stated)

he lost sight of Martin and headed back to his car thats when Martin confronted him for following him.

"When defense attorney Don West asked Jeantel whether she thought “creepy-a– cracker” was racist, Jeantel explained that the phrase meant that Trayvon viewed Zimmerman as a “pervert.”

So in that regard you are right.

"Investigators also questioned the extent of his injuries and why he didn't identify himself to Martin as a Neighborhood Watch coordinator"

But following someone who is walking home without identifying yourself isn't the best way to handle the situation.

I think all of that is exactly what I said. He stopped following and went back to his car. He was done, and waiting for the cops. Of course he was in the car when he first noticed him; thats why he got out to investigate further, which is exactly what the neighborhood watch is for. Martin was closer to home then to Zimmerman, and doubled back, and Zimmerman, as we both have said, was already headed back to the car.

Identifying himself / talking to Martin wasn't what he was trying to do - catching Martin in the act of committing burglary was what he was trying to do. Why would he interrupt the surveillance before the cops got there? This was an ongoing neighborhood problem and the idea was to catch the burglar red handed.

During the altercation, as Martin is violently attacking what he thought was a pervert, I doubt any identifying statements would have mattered. Bottom line, following someone on public streets, whether poor judgement or not, is not a crime. Assaulting someone is. Until that, no crime was committed, and thats the bottom line.

(I'm keeping away from "irrelevent" facts, like the reasons Martin was no longer in school, like the "found jewelry" that was returned as "lost possessions" instead of marked as "stolen property" to keep the school from bad publicity, or why he was no longer living with the same parent, or the txt messages looking for codeine connects (for making "lean"), or referencing fights that weren't "bloody enough."

This was a manufactured race baiting situation, blown up by the media, fueled by Obama's statements (if i had a son, he'd look like Trayvan..) ... you could have a son that looks white, too, race baiter. "White Hispanics" ? is that a real thing? Just had to downplay the "hispanic vs black" part and emphasize a manufactured "white vs black" angle.

The whole thing was ridiculous. They love to fear monger. The media loves stuff like Ferguson. Didn't work with Trayvan, so they had to keep looking until they found the next one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think all of that is exactly what I said. He stopped following and went back to his car. He was done, and waiting for the cops. Of course he was in the car when he first noticed him; thats why he got out to investigate further, which is exactly what the neighborhood watch is for. Martin was closer to home then to Zimmerman, and doubled back, and Zimmerman, as we both have said, was already headed back to the car.

Identifying himself / talking to Martin wasn't what he was trying to do - catching Martin in the act of committing burglary was what he was trying to do. Why would he interrupt the surveillance before the cops got there? This was an ongoing neighborhood problem and the idea was to catch the burglar red handed.

During the altercation, as Martin is violently attacking what he thought was a pervert, I doubt any identifying statements would have mattered. Bottom line, following someone on public streets, whether poor judgement or not, is not a crime. Assaulting someone is. Until that, no crime was committed, and thats the bottom line.

(I'm keeping away from "irrelevent" facts, like the reasons Martin was no longer in school, like the "found jewelry" that was returned as "lost possessions" instead of marked as "stolen property" to keep the school from bad publicity, or why he was no longer living with the same parent, or the txt messages looking for codeine connects (for making "lean"), or referencing fights that weren't "bloody enough."

This was a manufactured race baiting situation, blown up by the media, fueled by Obama's statements (if i had a son, he'd look like Trayvan..) ... you could have a son that looks white, too, race baiter. "White Hispanics" ? is that a real thing? Just had to downplay the "hispanic vs black" part and emphasize a manufactured "white vs black" angle.

The whole thing was ridiculous. They love to fear monger. The media loves stuff like Ferguson. Didn't work with Trayvan, so they had to keep looking until they found the next one.

Zimmerman's explanation for following Martin, the first place is pretty weak. I understand there was a ridiculous amount of break ins in the area but i think he jumped to conclusions. He basically described Martin walking home and looking at houses along the way.

He assumed he was up to no good and called a non emergency number. I think he connected the dots between Martin and the break-ins a way to quickly.

"Zimmerman called the Sanford police non-emergency number to report a su ious person in the Twin Lakes community.Zimmerman stated, "We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real su ious guy."He described an unknown male "just walking around looking about" in the rain and said, "This guy looks like he is up to no good or he is on drugs or something." Zimmerman reported that the person had his hand in his waistband and was walking around looking at homes. On the recording, Zimmerman is heard saying, "these assholes, they always get away."

"I felt he was su ious because it was raining. He was in-between houses, cutting in-between houses, and he was walking very leisurely for the weather. ... It didn't look like he was a resident that went to check their mail and got caught in the rain and was hurrying back home. He didn't look like a fitness fanatic that would train in the rain"

Martin was wearing a hoodie its not like he was shirtless in a hurricane.

You seem to be accepting Zimmerman's statements is fact. He did contradict his some parts of his story and some of the physical evidence and a couple of the witness testimonies didn't match up.

The media did throw gasoline on a fire but there were certainly racial elements to it. NBC edited tapes and People photo shopped a picture of Martin also Zimmerman considers himself Hispanic but was listed as white by the media.

Black people believe that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin (as opposed to being straight up racist which is different). I personally think there is something to that.

On the flip side the mention by certain media outlets about his past. Thats similar to other cases where blacks are the alleged victims.

As for the Ferguson situation the police released a video alleging Mike Brown robbed a store. The crazy part is that the convenient store owner stated ,via his lawyer on CNN, he doubted it was Brown who robbed him. But the media ran with the Brown being a criminal and people use it as justification for him being murdered.

People blaming Obama for "race baiting" makes no sense, to me at least . He was asked a question about the trial at a media briefing and he answered and then people crushed him for it. He later had a full press conference on it. Even If he didn't answer people would have crushed him for being his lack of a statement. He is half black and was asked questions that he can distinctly relate to. Thats certainly not race baiting.

"laying out his message of why the not-guilty ruling had caused such pain among African-Americans, particularly young black men accustomed to arousing the kind of su ion that led to the shooting death of Mr. Martin in a gated Florida neighborhood."

Just because he is half white doesn't mean he would have a white looking son. The genetics would be 1/4 white. Both of his daughters are 1/4 white but look black.
    According to Wikipedia, there are 26,300,000 (about 13% of the U.S. population) are "White-Hispanics".

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It wasn't racial profiling. It was profiling someone who was unable to be seen, race hidden/unimportant, in the dark, in the rain, in a hoody, lurking around apartments. There wasn't a racial element to it at ALL until one was CREATED by the media, unless you count Martin's "cracker" comment. Why is that a weak reason to see what the unknown persons intentions were? Watching to see what happens would have turned into.... nothing but Zimmerman wasting HIS time in the rain, if Martin hadn't stopped his walk home and turned around to assault him. We have no idea why he was wandering aimlessly in the rain. Its honestly still a good question. Zimmerman's story was backed up in court and by evidence including phone records. Why shouldn't I take the facts of the situation as they are? If the injuries weren't severe it would have come out in court.

With Ferguson, now you're just making things up. Brown's friend confirmed that it was them that robbed the store. Have you heard the on scene witness description of events from a cell phone video from the incident itself, from an eye witness, that backs the police version of the story, that Brown turned around and bum rushed the cop after already being shot once?

Obama (and Sharpton, etc) get involved whenever there are "racial tensions" but that really means when black people are involved and he can further racially divide people. He throws gasoline on fires before he even has the facts of the situation down and automatically assumes that something grievously innappropriately against black people has happened, but much worse stuff goes on almost daily; unless it is white doing something to black, it doesn't become global media news - that doesn't sell. For example, in Greece, NY, the reverse of Martin happened... no one ever heard about it. In Utah, the reverse of Brown happened, practically the same time, too - its been a blip on the radar compared to Ferguson.

I'm willing to bet that wikipedia was altered at some point after the incident. In all my years, I have never heard of "white hispanics" as a category until *after* it became necessary for the current agenda.

I forgot all about the edited tapes, though; thanks. It all adds to the big picture.... purposefully using pictures of a very young Martin instead of current ones, adding a slant to the tapes that weren't originally there....

manufactured racism / race baiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't racial profiling. It was profiling someone who was unable to be seen, race hidden/unimportant, in the dark, in the rain, in a hoody, lurking around apartments. There wasn't a racial element to it at ALL until one was CREATED by the media, unless you count Martin's "cracker" comment. Why is that a weak reason to see what the unknown persons intentions were? Watching to see what happens would have turned into.... nothing but Zimmerman wasting HIS time in the rain, if Martin hadn't stopped his walk home and turned around to assault him. We have no idea why he was wandering aimlessly in the rain. Its honestly still a good question. Zimmerman's story was backed up in court and by evidence including phone records. Why shouldn't I take the facts of the situation as they are? If the injuries weren't severe it would have come out in court.

With Ferguson, now you're just making things up. Brown's friend confirmed that it was them that robbed the store. Have you heard the on scene witness description of events from a cell phone video from the incident itself, from an eye witness, that backs the police version of the story, that Brown turned around and bum rushed the cop after already being shot once?

Obama (and Sharpton, etc) get involved whenever there are "racial tensions" but that really means when black people are involved and he can further racially divide people. He throws gasoline on fires before he even has the facts of the situation down and automatically assumes that something grievously innappropriately against black people has happened, but much worse stuff goes on almost daily; unless it is white doing something to black, it doesn't become global media news - that doesn't sell. For example, in Greece, NY, the reverse of Martin happened... no one ever heard about it. In Utah, the reverse of Brown happened, practically the same time, too - its been a blip on the radar compared to Ferguson.

I'm willing to bet that wikipedia was altered at some point after the incident. In all my years, I have never heard of "white hispanics" as a category until *after* it became necessary for the current agenda.

I forgot all about the edited tapes, though; thanks. It all adds to the big picture.... purposefully using pictures of a very young Martin instead of current ones, adding a slant to the tapes that weren't originally there....

manufactured racism / race baiting.
    -It clear we are going to disagree about the details of Zimmerman/Martin so i'll skip that.

-http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/08/ferguson-store-owner-says-he-doesnt-believe-thats-mike-brown-on-surveillance-video/

-His friend may have admitted guilt but its odd that the owner of the store doubts that it was Brown and even went as far to say that the cops but words in his mouth.

There are at least 5 different witness that have came forward (to the media at least) and their statements have been pretty consistent. That man mentions that he was coming back towards the officer after he got shot. I'm not getting how you assume the others are lying and he is telling the truth about the shooting.

The other day two witness were shown in a video being recorded as they watched the shooting and also mentioned Brown had his hands up before being shot.

-White Hispanic is an official category (since the 2000 census). And apparently has been for sometime (i claim that i was aware of it tbh with you) according to wikipedia, their are 53 million Hispanics and 53% also identify as white (european ancestry) actually quite a few or celebrities identify as White-Hispanic . Thoses stats are from the 2010 census so it was way before Martin/Zimmerman happened. Its likely much higher than 26.3 million then.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_H...tino_Americans)

Obama seldom comments on those situations, only after they rise to national prominence. Like with Ferguson and "Gates-Gate" in 6 years in office, those are the 3 that i can think of. So I definitely don't agree with the race baiting point either. So we probably aren't going to agree about Obama. As for Sharpton, sure he is a "race-baiter".

"In a landmark speech to defuse the political storm over his Chicago pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., Mr. Obama spoke about what he called “the complexities of race” in America. As president, Mr. Obama has only periodically returned to the subject. And on the few occasions that he has, it has often been in reaction to an event — a black Harvard professor’s arrest, or Mr. Martin’s death. A month after Mr. Martin was killed,"
    -NYtimes

The disparity in reporting black on white crimes and white on black crimes in real but their is disparity in reporting like that all the time based on race. White children who go missing (despite making up less than 1/3 of all missing children) tend to become national topics while Black and Latino children seldom make more than the local news.

The only missing minority that i can remember hearing make the national news was Alexis Murphy and that was after social media helped spread the story into national topic.

"it appears that mainstream television news mostly covers cases of White missing children, especially young Caucasian girls. If this is true, it creates a concern of social justice."

"News bias favoring White individuals is well-do ented. [A study] found that African Americans and Hispanics are overrepresented as criminals, whereas White individuals are overrepresented as victims in television news coverage. Any racial bias that may exist in news coverage is not necessarily the result of overt racism."

(http://www.academia.edu/857391/Missi...Children_Cases)

if any thing the "race baiting" falls heavily on the media and much less on individuals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that is why planet Earth is in the gutter. This ridiculous level of ego that we're so much more important than Earth itself is what has caused so much to go wrong.

Hey sweetheart, there's nearly 8 billion of us on this Earth and that number is towering every 10 years. We're running out of resources, the oceans are dying, many animals are near extinction. Our species is killing itself and all you can think about is how to protect more of us? Why so theres 15 billion of us in a 100 years?

ing dumb asses man
    Ah yes, the PETA types with basing everything on unsustainable extrapolations or pure fantasy. We aren't running out of resources. With current technology we have about 200 years worth of oil, we are producing more food than ever before, and species have been going extinct since there were species. A Texas A&M study concluded that for every species that goes extinct as many as 35 new species take its place. That by trying to save dwindling species populations you may be actually constricting bio-diversity. And as for pollution of the oceans it is a fact that the more advanced an economy is the less it pollutes. The way to minimize pollution is to maximize prosperity. And yes, all with an F-Bomb. The classic sign of a failed argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^It's not really an argument, though, it's subjective(not the pollution argument, but rather the animal vs. human argument)..

I am one of those types that values animals over humans, too, but I fully understand the types that are on the human side of the argument, totally understandable and justifiable..

I do find that way too much sympathy is allocated to the homeless/needy, etc in North America, though, it shouldn't be a priority(outside of making the streets nicer looking for the rest of us)..

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is how it should be. For all you PETA types out there: why should we spend one dollar on animal welfare when that money can be spent feeding, vaccinating, sheltering humans in need. The highest form of animal life is still below the lowest of humans. Get some perspective, please.
    Why should we spend one dollar on roads or national parks when that money could go to giving new homes and stacks of tortillas to all those beaner refugee kids swimming across the river?

The highest form of interstate highway is still below the lowest of Mexicans.

Get some perspective

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but tray tray a good boi, he was gonna go to college, bout to get his life back on track etc

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ah yes, the PETA types with basing everything on unsustainable extrapolations or pure fantasy. We aren't running out of resources. With current technology we have about 200 years worth of oil, we are producing more food than ever before, and species have been going extinct since there were species. A Texas A&M study concluded that for every species that goes extinct as many as 35 new species take its place. That by trying to save dwindling species populations you may be actually constricting bio-diversity. And as for pollution of the oceans it is a fact that the more advanced an economy is the less it pollutes. The way to minimize pollution is to maximize prosperity. And yes, all with an F-Bomb. The classic sign of a failed argument.
    Holy this was a ton of bull in this post right here, basically you're saying human beings have no work to do on how we interact with the environment and our planet. We have it all figured out and its going to take care of itself?

Typical dumb American
    I have my rights Texan licker
    Texas A and M study
    Bush was your president

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I think it is rather egotistical of humans to think that we are actually affecting the planet. There is what, 30% land? and of that 30%, how much of it is actually industrialized cities with pollution? The Sun controls the weather (solar wind interacting with our plasmasphere, ie the northern lights), not humans. The realm of the Earth (including the atmosphere and oceans) makes us literally look like ants toiling around making our little messes. The Earth is much greater. It was here before us, and will be here after us. 90% of the species that have existed are extinct, and that had nothing to do with humankind. New species are still being found. Life is sturdy. It finds a way to survive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 years for culpable homicide, 3-year suspended sentence for the separate gun discharge incident.

Defence lawyer Barry Roux said his client was expected to serve 10 months in prison, with the rest under house arrest.

Dup De Bruyn, a lawyer for the Steenkamp family, told Reuters that "justice was served", although he believed Pistorius would probably serve two years.

Pretty light sentence for the equivalent of voluntary manslaughter, if you ask me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol monkey law
    lol monkey judge
    lol white oj simpson
    lol white on white crime never gets punish
    lol cripple
    lol walking blowjob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be out in ten months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rofl rofl

i live in an area where the only crime in the last ten years has been a garage burglary
    of course i thought she was a robber

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House Arrest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guess had a fetish for man's feet that was why she gradually lost love for Oscar and cheated on him imho.

Thread Information