Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, maybe he'll turn into another passive, overpaid Frenchman like Batum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the league better watch out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah just matched $16M for Hayward. Do you really think they won't go that high for a talented young big like Gobert ?
    Forget him as a free agent target. Look at him as a missed buy low draft trade target. He's the player they missed because they let Blair and Neal walk away in free agency, instead of trading them for buy low trade fodder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is a beast!

could we have traded Paul George for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

2-7, 0-2 FT, -7 so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

2-7, 0-2 FT, -7 so far
    10 rebounds in the 1st half

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes has 6 in 4 less minutes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes has 6 in 4 less minutes...
    baynes is playing out of his mind in this game tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 rebs 5 blks'

this nig is in video game mode

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie, he had a complete game tonight... better than Favors...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing, yes. Unfortunately Gobert won't be a free agent this summer... but Hassan Whiteside will be: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...ualified/false

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was impressed with the kid. Give him a few years and he may be a seriously good asset for some team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frenchie Steve Adams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "anyone" has a 7'9" wingspan. a 9'7" standing reach. he's incredibly difficult to shoot over and around. of course he's unpolished. he was only drafted in 2013.. had some injury issues. If he was on the Spurs you would be lauding him as the next great Big man for the Spurs. You dont have to love him, but at least be objective.
    Hassan Whiteside is a similar physical freak: 7'7" wingspan, 9'5" standing reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparison of Gobert and Whiteside: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still remember like it was yesterday when he was picked right before our turn & traded away to Utah - either the SPURS could not move up to grab him or they just expected him to fall to them at #28... a missed opportunity considering they did bring him in for a workout.
    Oh well, at least KL worked out great

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 and 13 in 29 minutes against the World Champions at home.

He's only 22, still needs a couple more years as big men usually do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could force Kantor out of Utah. Would like to see Kantor on the Spurs. Also depends on how high they will draft with two of the top 3 or 4 picks expected to be Okafor and Towns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could force Kantor out of Utah. Would like to see Kantor on the Spurs. Also depends on how high they will draft with two of the top 3 or 4 picks expected to be Okafor and Towns
    They didn't offer Kanter an extension by the deadline. He's a good rebounder and decent post scorer, but below average on D, a real plodder. I'd much rather go after Monroe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing, yes. Unfortunately Gobert won't be a free agent this summer... but Hassan Whiteside will be: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...ualified/false
    Are you sure? Both ESPN's trade machine and Realgm's trade checker show him under contract next year. Teams typically sign DLeague callups to 2 year deals with little or no guaranteed money in year 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you sure? Both ESPN's trade machine and Realgm's trade checker show him under contract next year. Teams typically sign DLeague callups to 2 year deals with little or no guaranteed money in year 2.
    Hmmm... i don't know for sure-- I'm just going by this:http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... i don't know for sure-- I'm just going by this:http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm
    Yeah, I saw that as well. Hoopshype has always been really good about updating roster changes, but not the best with options and such. Shamsports was always the best, but he hasn't updated his info since the summer. We'll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't offer Kanter an extension by the deadline. He's a good rebounder and decent post scorer, but below average on D, a real plodder. I'd much rather go after Monroe.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs did go after Monroe (along with the Knicks). Gasol, Aldridge, Millsap and Horford (not up until '16) are all more than likely staying put and unless they max out or come close with Kanter, the Jazz will match, just to retain the asset. So if Duncan retires this summer, that leaves who?

The mid range shooting and lack of rim protection are issues, but you've got to ask yourself: Can they do better? And the answer is, almost certainly no. He's still young, a good low post scorer and passer, solid rebounder and he can play both big positions, which is crucial to be able to play alongside both Splitter and Diaw.

As far as his mid ranger, let's face it, between last season and this one, Duncan's has fallen off a cliff. Teams generally don't bother defending it anyway, so how much more crunched will the spacing be with the starting unit? And I know he's been around a while, but who knows, maybe Engelland can help him reach respectability. We're not talking about a Jordan, Drummond, etc., who has no touch whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not super familiar with either but based on what I've have heard, Kantor is more mobile and definitely a better athlete than Monroe is. Kantor has good offensive skill and really hasn't had the consistent minutes that Monroe has had to develop because he played behind Milsap, his first two seasons. Neither are good defenders but Green and KL along with Splitter should help minimize most of the damage on that end

I think Kantor may be overlooked in RFA, with Draymond Green and Reggie Jackson gaining more attention and having Gasol, Milsap, Monroe and (potentially) Hibbert and Love as UFAs.

Kantors more than 2 years younger and Monroe is probably closer to his ceiling than Kantor maybe. I'd like to see Kantor as a Spur, personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs did go after Monroe (along with the Knicks). Gasol, Aldridge, Millsap and Horford (not up until '16) are all more than likely staying put and unless they max out or come close with Kanter, the Jazz will match, just to retain the asset. So if Duncan retires this summer, that leaves who?

The mid range shooting and lack of rim protection are issues, but you've got to ask yourself: Can they do better? And the answer is, almost certainly no. He's still young, a good low post scorer and passer, solid rebounder and he can play both big positions, which is crucial to be able to play alongside both Splitter and Diaw.

As far as his mid ranger, let's face it, between last season and this one, Duncan's has fallen off a cliff. Teams generally don't bother defending it anyway, so how much more crunched will the spacing be with the starting unit? And I know he's been around a while, but who knows, maybe Engelland can help him reach respectability. We're not talking about a Jordan, Drummond, etc., who has no touch whatsoever.
    Thats been pretty baffling. He was an excellent mid range shooter two seasons ago but below average now. Doing the Washington game he was hesitating before deciding against the open jumper and passing it out to reset.

Thread Information