Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Blessing i disguise for Minny in the long run--dude turns 30 in 6 months

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    baby boomers
    constantly thumping their chest about how hard they had it when they were born with more opportunity than any other generation ever
    " my dad whipped me 1,000 times every morning and I had to walk uphill to school both ways in weather that was below freezing!"
    "You young people these days are always asking for a hand out and don't want to work. Now shut up and go work hard to keep the medicare program you're never going to have solvent for a few more years!"
    In my day we had to walk through two feet of snow in 100 degree weather and we didn't complain.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    In my day we had to walk through two feet of snow in 100 degree weather and we didn't complain.
    Don't forget uphill both ways.

Even though it doesn't make any logical sense, I've lost count of how many baby boomers I've heard say their walk to/from school everyday was "uphill both ways!".

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Who has more fantasy upside--Asiata or McKinnon?
    I would say Asiata for the next couple weeks, but I picked up McKinnon cause I think he has a better upside for the rest of the season. Being a Ute fan I don't think Asiata can handle being the #1 back for a season. I've seen it before.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I would say Asiata for the next couple weeks, but I picked up McKinnon cause I think he has a better upside for the rest of the season. Being a Ute fan I don't think Asiata can handle being the #1 back for a season. I've seen it before.
    Good stuff, tenks.

From our ST League:

We are actively monitoring the situation with Adrian Peterson. Until further information is known he will remain on the Can't Cut List.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Who has more fantasy upside--Asiata or McKinnon?
    I grabbed mcKinnon in every league.

Post Count
    I'm all for whooping your kid. I got whooped with the belt by my dad. Would not consider it child abuse in the slightest. He'd whoop me a couple times and once I started crying really bad, it'd be over and I'd get a little more of a stern lecture afterwards. And it wouldn't be on bare skin. It would be on a clothed butt. The Adrian Peterson reports are a bit troubling though. Apparently, he used the switch like 14-15 times on the 4 year old? 4 seems young for a beating beyond a couple spanks on the butt. And one time, apparently, the switch hit the kid's testicles... and another time wrapped around the leg. And the pictures posted in this thread are apparently like 5-7 days old, so the initial marks were probably much, much worse.

I figure parents who use corporal punishment on their kids for discipline in general use enough discretion so that it simply gets the point across. The reported excess to which Peterson used corporal punishment makes it seem like he got some sort of enjoyment out of it and it wasn't just about disciplining his child. That's not good.

Without knowing the full extent of the facts and only reading and hearing some of these things, it does appear like this was out of control and Peterson doesn't seem to realize how extreme and egregious his actions were.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I am shocked, shocked to find out that violent men play football.

Post Count
    I just don't understand poor logic. The "I was hit worse than that" logic doesn't stand up under any scrutinty and it's caveman thinking. Just because something was more socially acceptable in a less advanced time, does not mean it is ok now. Could you imagine applying that same logic to anything else?

"Sir, you stand accused of molesting that child and you admit to it."

"Well, yes, but I was molested as a child and turned out ok so you are over reacting"

I wonder if black people are going to pretend that this isn't a problem in their community either?...

Why do the White devils have to punish rich, proud, and strong black men just for educating their children?
    Im just curious, explain to me how spanking kids is a problem in the black community? I not saying I condone the act, as I said I'm just curious.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Finally another story for ESPN to talk about so they can leave my Ray Rice alone.

Who snitched on him?
    Baby moma and the kid's pediatrician

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    Post Count
    AP should really be blaming his lord and savior. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Stop strengthening him while he's beating his kids Jesus!

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    AP reinstated for week 3 vs the Saints.

So much for the thought that he was done this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ly-play-week-3

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Of course he'll play vs saints

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    I just don't understand poor logic. The "I was hit worse than that" logic doesn't stand up under any scrutinty and it's caveman thinking. Just because something was more socially acceptable in a less advanced time, does not mean it is ok now. Could you imagine applying that same logic to anything else?

"Well, yes, but I was molested as a child and turned out ok so you are over reacting"
    I fully agree... what a flawed logic... really ed up.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    AP reinstated for week 3 vs the Saints.

So much for the thought that he was done this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ly-play-week-3
    what gives ?

it's not ok to beat your wife and it's ok to beat your kid ?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    what gives ?

it's not ok to beat your wife and it's ok to beat your kid ?
    Too bad TMZ doesn't have a video to release of the AP child beating. Apparently, they control the suspension times.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    Too bad TMZ doesn't have a video to release of the AP child beating. Apparently, they control the suspension times.
    a child beating is worst than a woman beating in my books...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    especially a monster of a man beating a kid.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    especially a monster of a man beating a kid.
    sick people tbh

dude will serve us: "I was beaten when I was a child as an excuse..." they should take him and hang him on a tree

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Disciplining your child is an American pastime going away from it is what helped Turn us into a nation of pussies

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    Disciplining your child is an American pastime going away from it is what helped Turn us into a nation of pussies
    there is a big difference between disciplining and beating down... I'm sorry... you can discipline a child without slapping him or using a ing belt

using force against a child is not discipline it's being a coward and a weak er

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Pretty much this... es will do things that deserve a beating sometimes but what the can a 4 year old do to deserve that?

Thread Information