Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://projectspurs.com/2014-article...-d-league.html

"I do not know when I値l go to the NBA because I do not control everything. But one thing is for sure, I知 not a big fan of the D-League because the game is not the same."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good at ude for someone that may not even have The skills to make an NBA roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sends worst message possible. Lazy, immature, en led, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he's right. The d-league ing sucks, especially as a Euro. The pay is horrid, the compe ion and interest is lacking, and very few players make the jump to the NBA.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't blame him. Euro > D-League

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heエs right, there is no room for him in San Antonio, not right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Jean-Charles is postponing guaranteed money by choosing to stay in Europe rather than signing with the Spurs. So I can understand him not wanting to come over here just to play in the d-league. That said, he's still working on becoming an NBA small-forward, or at least an actualized combo-forward. That type of transition is easier to do in the d-league, since the players are worse. He also needs to continue to work on his shot, and that's something he can also do better getting huge minutes in Austin. It's to his benefit to play for the Toros as much as possible for a couple of years (or hopefully just part of one). He'll get his chance in SA over the course of the season.

I do think he'll make a fine rotation player, even as a rookie, however. If he were healthy and on the roster last season, he would have been active for a lot of the games, and not just the ones where the team had all the injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and the Spurs are totally bringing him over next season. No way they let his rookie-scale restriction expire and end up having to negotiate with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs sent a coach over to work with him all year, so they aren't upset about this. Someone forgot to post that part...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All words do not provide the meaning intended when read on paper. I have no idea what he meant but you are now scolding him for meanings you have interpreted. This is a pattern of assuming at udinal issue with draft picks. R Richards is a "bad apple" because he changed teams, etc Why do this ? We will learn who he is, if and when he is with the team, if he ever is.
    He might have only been referencing the new option of draft picks to play in the D league without being signed by the parent club and still being under the rights of the club that drafted him, or maybe just thinking that playing a full year in the D league might not prepare him anymore than Euro League, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sends worst message possible. Lazy, immature, en led, etc.
    Disagree, as others have said the D League is a much lower standard than Europe. Why move to another country just to play a lower standard of basketball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he win anything in Europe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he does come over next season, he will likely be the 3rd PF in the depth chart. More than likely, he will probably spend a good chunk of the season in the D-league whether he wants to or not.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the reason, he said, is "because the game is not the same."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Charles was expecting something better, scrubs like Rubio playing as starters and Spurs sending him to the D-League to play against alcoholics doesnt sound good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a point. I'd rather play in Europe or save myself for a season of basketball there over playing in a me-first dominant amateur league in the D-League.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These interviews often get lost in translation. He may just mean that he's not going to play in the D League without an NBA contract and there's no reason for him to. As some have mentioned, there's a very good chance we'll see him in 300+ days at summer league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's a nice way to say that D league suck and he's right, europe>>>>>Dleague and it's not even close

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he's probably going to play in the D-League some...depending on the Spurs roster situation...but he'll be compensated much better than most of those players as he will be on his rookie scale contract for a first round pick(If the Spurs bring him over in that window, which I agree with Chinook they they will try to).

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These interviews often get lost in translation. He may just mean that he's not going to play in the D League without an NBA contract and there's no reason for him to. As some have mentioned, there's a very good chance we'll see him in 300+ days at summer league.
    That's a fair bet.

And he's right: the D-League is different. The pace is faster and play is sloppier. One is never going to see the teamwork and ball movement seen on the Spurs. If a player -- especially a big man -- has the chance to play at the highest level of Euro ball to develop for the NBA, he should take it. Lower levels and crappy domestic leagues? Could be a wash, but the money could be better over there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ASVEL can play euroleague they have a small chance to qualify, so euroleague is better than d-league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screw him with that at ude. If he really wants to play for the Spurs, he'll have to prove himself first - whether that's in D-League or somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he win anything in Europe?
    Winners' opinions are not always right and vice versa

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ASVEL can play euroleague they have a small chance to qualify, so euroleague is better than d-league
    Thanks for the reminder, I totally forgot this. If anyone else is interested, it will take place from Sept. 23.-26.
    Unics Kazan (with Sankidize, Curtis Jerrells and James White btw) are the big favorites to win but you can never know what happens in single elimination tournaments.

Thread Information