Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is possibly the best defender in the league on those small, fast guards who love to dribble. Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Lillard types.

He is the type of guy that if on an opposition team, you could imagine he would do very well on Parker.
    He would lock him up. Green is like an elite Thabo Sefolosha tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I love Danny Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs have the best "game-playing" system as well as "front office/player-personnel" system. I don't know if they do it consciously, but by holding down individual stats/minutes they make other GMs reluctant to pull the trigger on big contract offers for our players, making it easier for us to re-sign guys at reasonable rates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs have the best "game-playing" system as well as "front office/player-personnel" system. I don't know if they do it consciously, but by holding down individual stats/minutes they make other GMs reluctant to pull the trigger on big contract offers for our players, making it easier for us to re-sign guys at reasonable rates.
    I think it's a combination of that + players enjoying the culture + players realizing that the system and organization will always help them maximize their ability(in contrast to most teams in the NBA, since the majority are incompetent and poorly coached), thus their willingness to take a fair deal, rather than pursuing more money from a bad team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs going from Centerpiece + RJ to Danny + Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I love Danny Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from his on court contributions, I love what he brings to the team in terms of chemistry. I remember seeing clips of him during games where he's very vocal in cheering for his whoever is on the court or just made a play and always made sure that whoever made a mistake doesn't get too down. It looks like a sign of leadership, although not in the TD mold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ He's pretty much the "voice" of the Spurs nowadays..

He's the only Spurs player that has been doing interviews and "touring" in American media since the Finals IIRC..

Dan LeBa and Stugotz(if anybody listens to their show) discussed how difficult it is to get a Spurs player for an interview(this was prior to the Finals, back in June), and that the Spurs' PR actually seemed surprised that they actually thought they could get Duncan for an interview, for example..Green was the only Spurs player that they were able to get on their show(they generally get a ton of "high end" names, btw, it isn't a small-time show)..

Green seems to be the first Spurs player in a long time(at least from an American standpoint) that genuinely enjoys the spotlight and doing interviews/media..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green's defensive work:

Watching this clip reminds me how great Danny was in the OKC and Miami series. Glad we have this guy. Look at how he toyed with Wade at 3:25

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green's defensive work:

Watching this clip reminds me how great Danny was in the OKC and Miami series. Glad we have this guy. Look at how he toyed with Wade at 3:25
    People (like one's who wrote this article) forget that Green was awesome defensively in Game Six. His shot was off, but he was absolutely earning his keep on the other end. Danny's best play of this year's post-season wasn't on this reel, actually. He blocked a Westbrook dunk attempt at the rim once in the WCF. If I can find a video clip of it, I'll post it.

EDIT: It was actually a layup attempt that Green pinned to the glass in the second quarter of Game Four. It didn't get any attention from TNT, because they were too busy slurping Ibaka for fouling Splitter (they called it a block, but Serge literally just chest bumped Tiago without touching the ball). Russ took Splitter's miss and sprinted down the court, but Danny caught him just before the ball hit the backboard. Screw it. I'm watching Game Six (the good one) again.
    Last edited by Chinook; 09-23-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardly anyone outside of Spurs fans seem to want to give Green any credit at all for Wade's poor finals series. All I've mainly read is about Wade's game falling off, no mention of Green's defense on him at all. Some people have even mentioned his Li-Ning WoW shoes being the culprit (some jokingly, some seriously, mostly haters of non Nike brand shoes), but hardly anyone has even brought up that Danny's defense may have had something to do with it.

I'm pretty sure Wade was decent earlier in the playoffs and he also had a pretty big game in the closeout game against Indiana, didn't he? I have no idea why people think he just suddenly dropped off a cliff in the finals and that the Spurs defense didn't play a part in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People (like one's who wrote this article) forget that Green was awesome defensively in Game Six. His shot was off, but he was absolutely earning his keep on the other end. Danny's best play of this year's post-season wasn't on this reel, actually. He blocked a Westbrook dunk attempt at the rim once in the WCF. If I can find a video clip of it, I'll post it.

EDIT: It was actually a layup attempt that Green pinned to the glass in the second quarter of Game Four. It didn't get any attention from TNT, because they were too busy slurping Ibaka for fouling Splitter (they called it a block, but Serge literally just chest bumped Tiago without touching the ball). Russ took Splitter's miss and sprinted down the court, but Danny caught him just before the ball hit the backboard. Screw it. I'm watching Game Six (the good one) again.
    Great post, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardly anyone outside of Spurs fans seem to want to give Green any credit at all for Wade's poor finals series. All I've mainly read is about Wade's game falling off, no mention of Green's defense on him at all. Some people have even mentioned his Li-Ning WoW shoes being the culprit (some jokingly, some seriously, mostly haters of non Nike brand shoes), but hardly anyone has even brought up that Danny's defense may have had something to do with it.

I'm pretty sure Wade was decent earlier in the playoffs and he also had a pretty big game in the closeout game against Indiana, didn't he? I have no idea why people think he just suddenly dropped off a cliff in the finals and that the Spurs defense didn't play a part in it.
    Wade must be having nightmares of Green after the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade must be having nightmares of Green after the Finals.
    He can go to therapy sessions with Curry anf OJ Mayo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can go to therapy sessions with Curry anf OJ Mayo.
    Tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco was hugely instrumental in numerous regular season games, enabling us to secure the #1 seed while keeping Manu fresh for the playoffs. In my mind he was very successful even if his post season performance wasn't that great.
    IMO Belli filled the roll asked of him close to perfect. He was key in sparing Manu minutes and keeping him fresh for the playoffs and stepping in as the 4th wing to cover for injuries. His defense is too much of a weakness to carve out a role on a contender IN THE Playoffs (so that's what 3 teams?--SA, OKC, Cavs?), but he can be a nice spark when isn't going right (eg. Miami game 3 or OKC game 6). I think people need to change measuring stick with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Belli filled the roll asked of him close to perfect. He was key in sparing Manu minutes and keeping him fresh for the playoffs and stepping in as the 4th wing to cover for injuries. His defense is too much of a weakness to carve out a role on a contender IN THE Playoffs (so that's what 3 teams?--SA, OKC, Cavs?), but he can be a nice spark when isn't going right (eg. Miami game 3 or OKC game 6). I think people need to change measuring stick with him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. And, Baynes is feelin' ya.

Thread Information