Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, another meaningless offseason thread. Sorry in advance.

I recorded the HC of 2005 game 7 against Detroit last night and got to watch it today. After talking to you guys about how satisfying the 2005 run was, I was excited to see if it lived up to my memories.

In a word, nope. Yikes, NBATV, you guys suck. Are all Hardwood Classics this bad?

After seeing what looked like every single basket made by anyone named Wallace and about six of Duncan's 25, I initially thought it was put together by a bitter Pistons fan, but neither team was showcased. Now I'm thinking it was a bitter Suns fan who just wanted to make sure the historical record reflects that the 2005 finals were bad basketball by bad basketball teams. They skipped a 10-2 run by the Spurs and a 9-0 run by the Spurs to show like three minutes of scoreless basketball and bad shots. Even if you say, "well they were highlighting the defense", that doesn't explain the time spent showing free throws. Timmy was at the line and it took another three minutes for him to shoot two free throws. We got to see every agonizing second of it with Hubie Brown's poor excuse for analysis to boot. Some of the segments were nothing but free throws. They even skipped a bit after Timmy's and-1 right to Rip shooting freebies.

I'd never seen one of these involving a Spurs game, I guess. Wasn't the 2005 finals kind of exciting? I had kind of a knot in my stomach after watching that. Seems like you could fit an NBA game into 44 minutes if you edited it right. There's really not any excuse for showing free throws or referee discussions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After seeing what looked like every single basket made by anyone named Wallace and about six of Duncan's 25, I initially thought it was put together by a bitter Pistons fan,

Yeah I watched it too the other day

I wasn't shocked because I have vivid memories from this game

And I called Horry's game winning 3

24 hours before the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's on my dvr right now. I was planning on watching it this weekend. I may just skip it now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just glad they stopped playing every Lebron playoff game of the Cleveland era. Ridiculous, they must of played 20+ of his games calling them hardwood classics as he went up against eastern conference lower seeds...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's on my dvr right now. I was planning on watching it this weekend. I may just skip it now.
    Nah, go ahead and watch it. You'll just find yourself doubting that the Spurs are going to win it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just glad they stopped playing every Lebron playoff game of the Cleveland era. Ridiculous, they must of played 20+ of his games calling them hardwood classics as he went up against eastern conference lower seeds...
    True, now they're back to blowing Kobe and Jordan so people will think they're comparable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I watched it too the other day

I wasn't shocked because I have vivid memories from this game

And I called Horry's game winning 3

24 hours before the game
    That was game 5, fyi. OP is referring to Game 7, which was close through 3 quarters before the Spurs pulled away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was game 5, fyi. OP is referring to Game 7, which was close through 3 quarters before the Spurs pulled away.
    oh

Thread Information