San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quality, Lefty ...

Dont get too excited

Kirby is even more Beta

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a jumpshooter. Westbrook gets tons of calls as well but it doesnt bother me anywhere near as bad bc he actually attacks the rim pretty relentlessly. The Kawhi tweet was typical behavior...as an MVP and face of the league (along with Bron) you don't say something like that about an up and coming player--especially one that plays the same position as you. Fake in general, etc.

He's a great player and all just not very likable tbh.
    That tweet was just stupid, but it's called jealousy. Lebron (the Decision), Kobe (rape, snitch, ran Shaq out of town, no credit to Pau, throwing Bynum under the bus, ran Jackson out of town, fake tough guy), and Shaq (making fun of physically disabled people, stupid drama with his previous side kicks, in grown toe nail, beef with the Admiral) did much stupider stuff in their careers.

And I still don't have much of an issue with him being a jump shooter. People make it out like that's all he does, but he also has a very good penetrating game for a guy his size. He attempts about a quarter of his shots from 0-3 feet from the basket. While it's not a lot, it's still a decent number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But flopping only became clearly defined ...recently. Before that Vlade, fish etc were clearly within the rules. Also IIRC, didnt they change the rules to limit the fouls on the defense on KD's rip through move a season or so ago? Point is before that it was within rules but still annoying.

If you look at the flops someone posted of Lebron in the other thread he is clearly breaking the rule's by your criteria. My point is just because someone does something within the rules doesnt make it any less annoying or "cheap". I like Durant and just like Lebron with the flops they are both so good they should not need to resort to cheap tactics ...
    Flopping just wasn't punished in the past, but it was still cheating. The issue with the rip through is that the rules state that you DO get the foul called, while no rules ever said the other guy will have a foul called on him if you flop. Two different things.

I agree with the Lebron flops, and I would have the same stance with Durant flops. But getting to the line by doing something that is within the rules is cool with me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Flopping just wasn't punished in the past, but it was still cheating. The issue with the rip through is that the rules state that you DO get the foul called, while no rules ever said the other guy will have a foul called on him if you flop. Two different things.

I agree with the Lebron flops, and I would have the same stance with Durant flops. But getting to the line by doing something that is within the rules is cool with me.
    Maybe I am wrong but didnt that change or point of emphasis on KD's move? So that not illegal before it was cheap enough to cause a change.
    Amb we are on the same side here, tbh. I am just explaining why some may dislike KD outside of the Lebron brand loyalty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's all these Lebron ass kissers who are the biggest Durant haters.
    no . why do you think all the kobe ass kissers were LeBron's biggest haters?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dont get too excited

Kirby is even more Beta
    and that is funny too ... I have no problem with Kobe trollin'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no . why do you think all the kobe ass kissers were LeBron's biggest haters?
    The major difference though is Lebron was way better than Kobe for quite some time, so I see those Kobe lovers point of trying to disparage Lebron to prop up Kobe. On the other hand, Durant is still not as good as Lebron, and may ne'er surpass Lebron, so I really see no point in bashing Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The major difference though is Lebron was way better than Kobe for quite some time, so I see those Kobe lovers point of trying to disparage Lebron to prop up Kobe. On the other hand, Durant is still not as good as Lebron, and may ne'er surpass Lebron, so I really see no point in bashing Durant.
    good point which is why for a while harlem was ing up a storm over durant. we all know lebron > durant, so the higher he propped up durant, the higher lebron went

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really get the hate Durant has around here.

He gets. Lot of calls; so did Jordan, so does Lebron, so does Kobe. What's the big deal about it. He plays it to his advantage. If anything, he should be applauded for taking advantage of the rules.

He's got alpha talent and a perception of beta personality. Lebron went beta multiple times in his career when he was the clear alpha, and it's all these Lebron ass kissers who are the biggest Durant haters. The same people also derides Kobe for going alpha when he was really just a beta. So what do you actually want?
    -I'm not a lebron lover.
    -I don't describe Kobe as an alpha in his 'ship years.
    -Lebron is on another stratosphere.
    -KD sucks. Pussy..... imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -I'm not a lebron lover.
    -I don't describe Kobe as an alpha in his 'ship years.
    -Lebron is on another stratosphere.
    -KD sucks. Pussy..... imho.
    I would be very interested in how you would say Durant sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't 'despise' KD here, tbh... he's one of the biggest talents in the league... he does needs to resolve some leadership and mental issues though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beta recognizes beta

It explains why he picked Texas U
    There's no Texas U. There's UT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be very interested in how you would say Durant sucks.
    -he relies on the refs to score atleast 1/3 of his points
    -he lets westbrook take the crucial shots
    -he showed his true colors last playoffs when he kept on complaining AFTER the play was over if he was really alpha he would demand what he wants before or even during but nooo he stands there as wb chucks up shots
    -he says kawhi is a product of a system when he's the product of the refs
    -etc etc i could go on but got stuff to do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -he relies on the refs to score atleast 1/3 of his points
    -he lets westbrook take the crucial shots
    -he showed his true colors last playoffs when he kept on complaining AFTER the play was over if he was really alpha he would demand what he wants before or even during but nooo he stands there as wb chucks up shots
    -he says kawhi is a product of a system when he's the product of the refs
    -etc etc i could go on but got stuff to do
    Lebron and Jordan scored almost a quarter of their point son FTs. Doesn't mean they suck. As a basketball fan, as long as you score within the rules, I'm cool with it.

Lebron let his teammates score during clutch situations. Smart players utilize the teams. Again, the point is to win. Being a decoy is as important as scoring.

Him comparing as no bearing on his play on the court

Him putting down Kawhi is a reflection on his own jealousy and not a reflection of his play. You are starting to sound like a high school girl bashing the other girls and calling them names because they didn't look you the right way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron and Jordan scored almost a quarter of their point son FTs. Doesn't mean they suck. As a basketball fan, as long as you score within the rules, I'm cool with it.

Lebron let his teammates score during clutch situations. Smart players utilize the teams. Again, the point is to win. Being a decoy is as important as scoring.

Him putting down Kawhi is a reflection on his own jealousy and not a reflection of his play. You are starting to sound like a high school girl bashing the other girls and calling them names because they didn't look you the right way.
    -A quarter is 1/4th and in your own words "almost" meaning they never "did". I guess you are also fine with those reckless I won't look at the basket I'll get freebies drives from Westbrook and Harden too eh?

-Sure you got a point there and I agree with it. But you have to know when to take it or not especially whom you trust it too. Also, Lebron already carried a scrub supposed to be 20 win team to the finals and has 2 rings in which he beasted the finals on. What does KD have?

-I guess you meant him "complaining", well it does mean a lot if you are considered the best player on your team and the league MVP.

-That's why I don't like him and he sucks for me =/= he's not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -A quarter is 1/4th and in your own words "almost" meaning they never "did". I guess you are also fine with those reckless I won't look at the basket I'll get freebies drives from Westbrook and Harden too eh?
    Durant didn't score at least 1/3 of his points on FTs, he scored almost a third of them.

I don't like them getting unwarranted freebies, but if the refs set a precedent, it would be stupid for them not to milk it. Think like a fan of the Thunder, if Durant get get to the line and shoot two shots that he has a 90% chance of making (meaning he has an 81% chance of getting two points, and only a 1% chance of getting no points), isn't it better for him to charge into the lane directly than to shoot a 2pt at 50% or a 3pt at 40%?

To clarify, 31% of all Durant's points came on FTs during his career. Last year, that number is 27%.
    Lebron's career sits at 23%, with a season as high as 26%
    Jordan's career sits at 23%, with one season as high as 27%

Some difference, but not the difference between best of all time and suck.

-Sure you got a point there and I agree with it. But you have to know when to take it or not especially whom you trust it too. Also, Lebron already carried a scrub supposed to be 20 win team to the finals and has 2 rings in which he beasted the finals on. What does KD have?
    He took the team to the finals once with a coach like Scott Brooks, won an MVP, made multiple all NBA first teams? Isn't that enough? If that is suck, I am not sure what average is.

-I guess you meant him "complaining", well it does mean a lot if you are considered the best player on your team and the league MVP.

-That's why I don't like him and he sucks for me =/= he's not good.
    You can say you dislike him, but he doesn't suck. You asked a hot girl out on a date, she denigrated you, turned you down, then she humiliated you in front of everyone. She may be a , but she is still hot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You see Amb, in the right context dropping the "sounding like a female card" IS applicable.

100, that is not a shot at you ... Amb knows what I am referring to...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Durant didn't score at least 1/3 of his points on FTs, he scored almost a third of them.

I don't like them getting unwarranted freebies, but if the refs set a precedent, it would be stupid for them not to milk it. Think like a fan of the Thunder, if Durant get get to the line and shoot two shots that he has a 90% chance of making (meaning he has an 81% chance of getting two points, and only a 1% chance of getting no points), isn't it better for him to charge into the lane directly than to shoot a 2pt at 50% or a 3pt at 40%?

To clarify, 31% of all Durant's points came on FTs during his career. Last year, that number is 27%.

He took the team to the finals once with a coach like Scott Brooks, won an MVP, made multiple all NBA first teams? Isn't that enough? If that is suck, I am not sure what average is.

You can say you dislike him, but he doesn't suck. You asked a hot girl out on a date, she denigrated you, turned you down, then she humiliated you in front of everyone. She may be a , but she is still hot.
    Great analogy again when you are not discussing you know who you bring the goods ..consistently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You took "suck" a bit more serious than I intended it to be. As I've said in my previous post he sucks for me because as I've already stated, I don't like his style of milking the refs and complaining and being a beta in critical moments but it didn't mean that he was not good, as again, I have stated before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, Durant is very similar to Dirk in the mid 00s. Great shooter, especially for a big man, can drive, suspect defensively, does defer to teammates at times, gets a huge number of FTs for an outside shooter.

But Durant has way better teammates (Westbrook and Ibaka vs. Josh Howard), and still couldn't ring.

Durant already has all the pieces he needs to win a championship, except for a good coach, that is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To me, Durant is very similar to Dirk in the mid 00s. Great shooter, especially for a big man, can drive, suspect defensively, does defer to teammates at times, gets a huge number of FTs for an outside shooter.

But Durant has way better teammates (Westbrook and Ibaka vs. Josh Howard), and still couldn't ring.

Durant already has all the pieces he needs to win a championship, except for a good coach, that is.
    Ding Ding ding!!

A better coach would take the "defer" issue away ...
    Brooks sucks.
    Give Pop or RC that team and they would probably have one le already ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They also dont lose
    Harden with the right leadership ...

Thread Information