Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing else new since he looks like he is pouting or crying with that whiny face on all game long after a call or a non call.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rigged? Why would they rig it for OKC? Yes, KD is a bigger star than Paul. but I would argue Paul and Blake together or at least as big as KD & Russ combined. All 4 have endorsements and big shoe deals. Blake/Paul has many commercials or more than the OKC duo. Plus La. is a much bigger market. And dont use Sterling as an excuse, If they had won it, couldn't they have shaken down Ballmer for more money? these NBA conspiracies are so stupid why would they rig a Spurs 5th ring over a Heat 3peat?
    How do you explain all the breaks that OKC gets then?
    Ex. 2012 WCF game 6

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How do you explain all the breaks that OKC gets then?
    Ex. 2012 WCF game 6
    Look I havent had much talks with you but do you believe that the Spurs win DESPITE the rigged games? Are they so good that they win and overcome a rigged league? or the games they lose are only the rigged ones? Because if the league is rigged Spurs benefiting from it too ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look I havent had much talks with you but do you believe that the Spurs win DESPITE the rigged games? Are they so good that they win and overcome a rigged league? or the games they lose are only the rigged ones? Because if the league is rigged Spurs benefiting from it too ...
    Game 6 2012 was clearly rigged imo. I dont think every game or series is rigged but that one was. I dont even think game 6 vs OKC with the missed goaltend was rigged. I literally think the 2012 series was rigged though. To me, it was clear as day. Go watch the second half of game 6, at least 15 points on momentum turning plays gifted to OKC.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    never understood the hate on paul. the clippers have steadily been one of the most horrible franchise, not just in the nba but in all of professional sports until he arrived he made griffins transition a lot easier too which is one of the most underrated aspect of his existence with the clippers.

he came in and the clippers not only became respectable (making the playoffs, won 50+ games for the first time in franchise history and they were able to finally hang a pacific division banner)

paul is also the only reason why b. scott still has a job in todays league, making the B look respectable in NOH.

i hate how he continues to make a mockery of the game of basketball, but come on, his contribution in retrospect has been tremendous in his short amount of time with the clippers.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Problem with CP3 is that he is ball dominate, and his effectiveness nosedives when he doesn't have the ball. Isiah shared the ball well, and acted as a great decoy even without the ball.
    WTF?

Paul averages 3.2 steals per 40. The average pg gets 2.1.

Paul averages 5.9 rebounds per 40. The average pg gets 4.6.

Im not sure what you expect him to do when he doesnt have the ball, but play defense and rebound is usually at the top of the list.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    There isnt a team in the league that wouldnt trade its starting PG for Paul.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Game 6 2012 was clearly rigged imo. I dont think every game or series is rigged but that one was. I dont even think game 6 vs OKC with the missed goaltend was rigged. I literally think the 2012 series was rigged though. To me, it was clear as day. Go watch the second half of game 6, at least 15 points on momentum turning plays gifted to OKC.
    The Spurs winning a le is inherent proof that the league is most certainly not rigged.

You cant say its rigged in one breath and then say it wasnt rigged FOR THE SPURS. Why the would the league want the Spurs to win?

Its the classic "the league is against my team" that fans from EVERY team spout when their team loses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF?

Paul averages 3.2 steals per 40. The average pg gets 2.1.

Paul averages 5.9 rebounds per 40. The average pg gets 4.6.

Im not sure what you expect him to do when he doesnt have the ball, but play defense and rebound is usually at the top of the list.
    I mean on offense. CP3 isn't as useful without the ball on offense as Isiah.

As for his steals and rebounding, it helps increase this myth that he's a great defensive PG, which he isn't.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    he made griffins transition a lot easier too which is one of the most underrated aspect of his existence with the clippers.
    Unanimous ROY without Choke Paul, pretty sure the "transition" wasn't a problem for him

paul is also the only reason why b. scott still has a job in todays league, making the B look respectable in NOH.
    Well, there's one good thing he's done: fool Fredo into hiring yet another coach

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs winning a le is inherent proof that the league is most certainly not rigged.

You cant say its rigged in one breath and then say it wasnt rigged FOR THE SPURS. Why the would the league want the Spurs to win?

Its the classic "the league is against my team" that fans from EVERY team spout when their team loses.
    Typically, the NBA guides the product we see. They make momentum calls here and there, nothing major to raise su ion. They want the biggest superstars playing at the end for the biggest draws (hence superstar calls). They wont blatantly rig a game for a particular team to achieve the outcome they want, but what they will do is put that team in a favorable position to win. Situations like these are not super obvious to casual viewers and preserve the integrity of the game and have gone in favor of many teams (and may even be attributable to ty reffing.)
    However, in 2012, that game 6 was a whole other level, it was blatant rigging and anyone who watched the game would realize this. Spurs were shooting the lights out and the NBA did not want a game 7 in SA so they literally took over the game and took out the Spurs with rigged officiating.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP0's flopping is what caused the game. If he hadn't tried to flop they would have fouled him. He hits the freethrows. Ballgame.

They still had their chances to even the series in game 6 in LA. That's how you make up for the loss you win the next game. The best players are motivated by losses and play some of their best basketball in those bounce-back games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a "distributor" when it's a run of the mill regular season game or when he's scared and looking for a scapegoat (Pargo), but he turns into a heroballer late in games when he thinks there's an opportunity to take all the credit, which usually blows up in his face against playoff defenses....

He hits big shots in the regular season, but come playoff time, in those moments he's usually doing stupid , overdribbling, or trying to draw cheap free throws....

I would rather have a cheap role player at point guard and a legitimate small forward, tbh.... this team is going nowhere as long as the de facto first option is six-foot-nothing and is shut down as soon as a bigger defender is put on him....

Would you take Austin Rivers instead?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Typically, the NBA guides the product we see. They make momentum calls here and there, nothing major to raise su ion. They want the biggest superstars playing at the end for the biggest draws (hence superstar calls). They wont blatantly rig a game for a particular team to achieve the outcome they want, but what they will do is put that team in a favorable position to win. Situations like these are not super obvious to casual viewers and preserve the integrity of the game and have gone in favor of many teams (and may even be attributable to ty reffing.)
    However, in 2012, that game 6 was a whole other level, it was blatant rigging and anyone who watched the game would realize this. Spurs were shooting the lights out and the NBA did not want a game 7 in SA so they literally took over the game and took out the Spurs with rigged officiating.
    So that would mean that in spite of the league rigging against the Spurs every year, they managed to win the le five times. Likewise the Mavs were able to beat the Heat despite the Heat being put in a "favorable position" to win.

How inefficient is the league's "rigging" that they were NEVER able to get the Kobe vs. Lebron matchup that would have been ratings gold? How were the Magic able to get past Cleveland when Lebron's team was being put in a "position to win" every single game?

The level of conspiracy youre suggesting is ridiculous. If you look at that game six objectively, its easy to see it was the Thunder that was shooting lights out, not the Spurs:

http://www.nba.com/games/20120606/SA...#nbaGIboxscore

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that would mean that in spite of the league rigging against the Spurs every year, they managed to win the le five times. Likewise the Mavs were able to beat the Heat despite the Heat being put in a "favorable position" to win.

How inefficient is the league's "rigging" that they were NEVER able to get the Kobe vs. Lebron matchup that would have been ratings gold? How were the Magic able to get past Cleveland when Lebron's team was being put in a "position to win" every single game?

The level of conspiracy youre suggesting is ridiculous. If you look at that game six objectively, its easy to see it was the Thunder that was shooting lights out, not the Spurs:

http://www.nba.com/games/20120606/SA...#nbaGIboxscore
    Once its in the Finals, they dont care, I have seen very little sketch officiating in Finals series.

And lol, please, Spurs were up 15 at half and then the Thunder were allowed to rape us in the paint and we couldnt touch them (and when we didnt touch them, we still got called). I think they scored 15 consecutive points on free throws in the 4th quarter. And as I said, the only rigged games I have ssen were the Laker-Kings game and game 6 2012.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Once its in the Finals, they dont care, I have seen very little sketch officiating in Finals series.

And lol, please, Spurs were up 15 at half and then the Thunder were allowed to rape us in the paint and we couldnt touch them (and when we didnt touch them, we still got called). And as I said, the only rigged games I have ssen were the Laker-Kings game and game 6 2012.

Even if a game is officiated poorly doesnt make it rigged. Sure the Lakers got some shaky calls but the Kings did plenty to contribute to their own demise. Blown Ft's and horrible shooting by two starters Webber/Christie were as criplling as a few bad calls.... despite being Laker biased I feel no sympathy for that team of chokers. And when we sucked next year it was the Spurs who ended us not Sacramento they had more talent than us in 2002 but were not le-worthy.

One bad call that series was the Late 3 at the half (samaki Walker Game 4) the ended up being huge in such a close game ...tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan didn't cry after Amy & Battier, but, I certainly did.

tee, hee.
    i remember fondly when the tired old bag's best friend Derek Fisher couldn't hold it when the time starting waning in 2003. Then korby starting tearing up too. I cried along with them from the laughter.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

And lol, please, Spurs were up 15 at half and then the Thunder were allowed to rape us in the paint and we couldnt touch them (and when we didnt touch them, we still got called). I think they scored 15 consecutive points on free throws in the 4th quarter. And as I said, the only rigged games I have ssen were the Laker-Kings game and game 6 2012.

So let me get this straight:

1) The NBA uses officiating to try to influence teams by putting their star players "in position" to win.

2) Sometimes (as in game 6), they flat out rig a game.

3) In the finals, no rigging is done and the games are played fair and square.

What would it take to change your mind? Ive already pointed out that the Thunder shot better than the Spurs (despite the Spurs shooting "lights out"). The answer, of course, is "nothing". Theres zero evidence that could be put forth to convince you that the league isnt rigged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isnt a team in the league that wouldnt trade its starting PG for Paul.
    Ironically i don't think the Suns would give up Dragic for CP3...

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i remember fondly when the tired old bag's best friend Derek Fisher couldn't hold it when the time starting waning in 2003. Then korby starting tearing up too. I cried along with them from the laughter.
    Of course,,,

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course,,,

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.
    ....Done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me get this straight:

1) The NBA uses officiating to try to influence teams by putting their star players "in position" to win.

2) Sometimes (as in game 6), they flat out rig a game.

3) In the finals, no rigging is done and the games are played fair and square.

What would it take to change your mind? Ive already pointed out that the Thunder shot better than the Spurs (despite the Spurs shooting "lights out"). The answer, of course, is "nothing". Theres zero evidence that could be put forth to convince you that the league isnt rigged.
    The only possibly rigged finals was the Mavs-Heat series. But that was a vendetta against Cuban. Once it is in the Finals, the NBA gets whatever ratings they are gonna get and that's that, no need to compromise the product on the biggest stage (except with the Mavs, see Cuban).

And about Game 6, we shot lights out in the first half when we were allowed to play basketball. In the second half, the circus ensued and they were allowed to grab us one very play and if we breathed on them or looked at them wrong (Stephen jackson te al) it was a foul. They shot 15 straight FT's in the fourth quarter to erase the deficit they had faced and the refs denied scoring plays for the spurs that also served a two-fold purpose of getting the best players (ex. Manu) into foul trouble while keeping the best players on the Thunder rout of foul trouble. But hey, keep pointing at the meaningless final stats instead of the video that shows what actually happened.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's puzzling, because the majority of star PGs in NBA history are chokers, tbh..

Paul isn't even particularly a choker, he just defers in clutch time, which is probably the correct move as a PG..his style of play is questionable, obviously, as he dominates the ball(as everybody knows)..

It's kind of funny when Spurs fans mention Parker, as he has made a career out of choking in the playoffs..
    Yeah like when he won that finals MVP, or his 4th quarter game 5 of this years' finals playing injured.

You sir are a serial exaggerator and Parker hater.

If you want to win hypothetical statistical fantasy games, CP3 is a GOAT. If you want to win basketball games, Parker is a better point guard. Even last year, which was All-star but not MVP level due to fatigue, he was a better decision maker than Paul. See their Game 5's against OKC. Parker played a far better floor game and did not choke. Paul did. Could not ask for a more direct comparison.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Unanimous ROY without Choke Paul, pretty sure the "transition" wasn't a problem for him
    yeah but against who? john wall? followed by demarcus cousins.

blake was going to get that ROY based on hype alone, no one in that class generated more excitement than griffin. he was fortunate no one paid attention to the clippers and he had the green light to play monkey ball all season long.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

So I finally watched the video. This watches like a Ron Paul "he predicted it" video. Theres NOTHING in the video that would suggest any type of conspiracy. Just Spurs fan ing and whining about losing.

Russel Westbrook no call on the loose boul foul. Oh well...yes that was a foul. It happened in a blink of an eye. Happens all the time.

Stephen Jackson technical: You dont know what he says to assistant coach. Video claims he said nothing but theres NO ANGLE SHOWING HIS FACE. Even if he just turned around and stared thats definitely worthy of a technical. However, he PROBABLY said something.

Many Ginobili foul: THATS A FOUL. Moving screen and using an elbow. Maybe it could have gone other way but every replay shows Ginobili extending his elbow. I think thats the correct call.

Parker foul: He undercut him. Hard to see the angle because the person who created the video purposely left it out.

Theres no other "questionable" calls in the video. The rest is just text. Probably because every other free throw wasnt even controversial.

They lost. The blew a big lead on the road. Thats basketball.

Thread Information