Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/com...cks_explained/

This is a good explanation. Probably not but in certain situations it might.

The only issue is looking forward. An i5 might indeed be a bottleneck as games become more demanding. But for the most part it's still the most cost-effective CPU by a pretty good margin.
    Thanks for the link.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out Digital Research's DOS or DR DOS. It's the . You can use hot keys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out Digital Research's DOS or DR DOS. It's the . You can use hot keys.
    Does it outperform MINIX?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-9756819.html

The security flaw, dubbed “S shock”, was found inside a piece of software called Bash, which is used by Apple’s Mac operating system as well as Linux systems and internet servers relied upon by governments, banks and the military.

Worst computer security flaw in history.

Worse than heartbleed.

Targeting Apple computers.

Keep spinnin' dat , bruh. Helps to know what you're talking about though.
    The bolded is pretty ironic looking at the post in its entirety... but not unexpected if you don't know much about Macs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, Windows 10 is looking good from the little I saw of it.... Looks like a worthy update from 7...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, Windows 10 is looking good from the little I saw of it.... Looks like a worthy update from 7...
    It's humorous that the rumor is they're skipping Windows 9 due to all the coding that searches only for the first number in the OS le for a lot of stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Windows 8 was vilified way too much, IMO, but 10 is a tacit recognition that people weren't ready for that kind of radical change. 10 should be a good transition upgrade for those still on 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Along with that $1000 price tag for an underpowered laptop with no features. At least it's light enough that people who never see the inside of a gym won't strain themselves lugging it around.
    Truth bombs
    iSheeps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Windows 8 was vilified way too much, IMO, but 10 is a tacit recognition that people weren't ready for that kind of radical change. 10 should be a good transition upgrade for those still on 7.
    Windows 8 is a fantastic operating system. I prefer it to 7, though I use both interchangeably.

It's amazing that asking the public to right click and select "shut down" instead of (left click, shut down, left click) is too much to learn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't see the point of the change away from the traditional desktop/folder format. I ing hated when Ubuntu went to Unity, so I changed it back to Gnome2 (Gnome3 is even worse than Unity). I don't understand trying to make a desktop run like a tablet when you have a big screen and a mouse. Operating systems should just ideally GTFO of the way imo tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see the point of the change away from the traditional desktop/folder format. I ing hated when Ubuntu went to Unity, so I changed it back to Gnome2 (Gnome3 is even worse than Unity). I don't understand trying to make a desktop run like a tablet when you have a big screen and a mouse. Operating systems should just ideally GTFO of the way imo tbh.
    It's about consistency. If people can't handle a basic start menu change, they're hopeless with trying to master two disparate operating systems if one runs on a tablet and the other on a computer and they look entirely different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a legit problem using it merely with a touch device. But they went all touch, and that was not a solution. This is a proper way to handle it, you can switch between touch and desktop modes, while keeping some of the good ideas they had on 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a cost problem, tbh... Businesses have to retrain their drones, it costs time and money. I think 10 hits that sweet spot if what I saw works the way it looks like.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I want to have the Windows 10 right now

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get that preview son

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    get that preview son
    Where? I'll look for a spare PC where I can install it on

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at buying a video card in the $200 price range. Seems like a decently cooled R9 270x 2GB is probably the best buy at this price?
    get the 970

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 970 is pretty amazing, but not sure I want to spend that much since I have no desire to go above 1080p. I'm interested to see what the GTX 960's performance and price will be like, and to see if it can drag down the price on the R9 280x and/or R9 285 (doesn't look like the R9 280 will fall any lower).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 970 is pretty amazing, but not sure I want to spend that much since I have no desire to go above 1080p. I'm interested to see what the GTX 960's performance and price will be like, and to see if it can drag down the price on the R9 280x and/or R9 285 (doesn't look like the R9 280 will fall any lower).
    you ain't getting , you been talking about upgrades for over a year. You get off just talking about upgrades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you ain't getting , you been talking about upgrades for over a year. You get off just talking about upgrades.
    I'm still looking at that quad SLI an setup

But then every time I'm about to buy it I call Valentine instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still looking at that quad SLI an setup

But then every time I'm about to buy it I call Valentine instead
    You should offer to pimp that ..I ran into her at a gas station, she's a loud, annoying west sider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should offer to pimp that ..I ran into her at a gas station, she's a loud, annoying west sider
    But she told me she lubbed me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But she told me she lubbed me
    I'm sure she does. Considering your PC budget, I can only imagine what you're willing to donate to a pros ute

Thread Information