Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Texas will be an improved team throughout the season. Their defense is legit. Offense is what's keeping them down.
    Their offense is absolutely outmatched.
    The D is fine except for the safeties imo.
    But in the Big 12 the D will wear down.

Baylor has the chance to make Texas look like a DII team.

Post Count
    Their offense is absolutely outmatched.
    The D is fine except for the safeties imo.
    But in the Big 12 the D will wear down.

Baylor has the chance to make Texas look like a DII team.
    I think Texas will give them a scare. Baylor is irrelevant this season. They're gonna get destroyed in Norman and struggle against TCU.

The game of the year in the Big 12 is next week with OU going to TCU. That's OU's toughest game of the season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Texas will give them a scare. Baylor is irrelevant this season. They're gonna get destroyed in Norman and struggle against TCU.

The game of the year in the Big 12 is next week with OU going to TCU. That's OU's toughest game of the season.
    Baylors D was really bad against Iowa St.

The above could very well be accurate. I just know Gary Pattersons offense absolutely stinks so they have had no chance in the Big 12. Maybe they got a new O-coordinator... If TCU is not better on offense they will again be middle of the pack.

I give Texas no chance against Baylor unless they Bears have 5 or more TOs.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

The above could very well be accurate. I just know Gary Pattersons offense absolutely stinks so they have had no chance in the Big 12. Maybe they got a new O-coordinator... If TCU is not better on offense they will again be middle of the pack.

I give Texas no chance against Baylor unless they Bears have 5 or more TOs.
    Texas might make a ball game of it. Might. They're definitely playing to the level of their compe ion right now. I had to pour borax in my eyes to erase the images of last nights game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas might make a ball game of it. Might. They're definitely playing to the level of their compe ion right now. I had to pour borax in my eyes to erase the images of last nights game.
    You know people see the score and think we played well.

I realize our offensive line is outmatched almost every game, but honestly some of Swoopes passes are just horrible.
    The poor kid has no touch on the ball. As long as he does not throw INTs I guess it will have to do. Our RBs have absolutely no room to run, they are taking a beating. This is really hard to stomach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You know people see the score and think we played well.

I realize our offensive line is outmatched almost every game, but honestly some of Swoopes passes are just horrible.
    The poor kid has no touch on the ball. As long as he does not throw INTs I guess it will have to do. Our RBs have absolutely no room to run, they are taking a beating. This is really hard to stomach.
    I'm a Swoopes apologist. Dude has played light years ahead of where I thought he'd be. He's slow as though. If they run one more goddamn option play where he takes it to the outside, or sweep where he lumbers towards the sideline, or zone read where he doesn't keep the ball, I'll punch a kitten. I know it's only the fifth game with a patch-work o-line and a back-up quarterback, but Shawn Watson is the demon spawn of Greg Davis and a zombie .

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    haha well by "stop" i meant make em kick the FG and respond with a TD but you know what i mean. And yeah not djohns best moment.
    Ah, touche.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    We will take anything we can get.
    Our offense still looks like a HS team.
    This was a win, without the TOs this could have been a tight game.

Are you still confused as to Texas actually being a good team? That paranoid?

The Big Orange Sun shall return and out recruit you again. But not yet. Enjoy the cloud cover.
    I just think it's funny that people like DMX talk about the SEC. I have a feeling that "cloud cover" will last quite some time.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Again. You choose defense first because why? You were giving up touchdowns that resulted in just 2 plays. Yeah you get an extra possession. What did Arkansas do wth it?
    You stupid, ignorant dumb . Go back through the archives of all the OT games in college and tell me what percentage of teams choose defense first. Guess all those coaches aren't on your 'intellectual' level either.

This is really low even for you, dumbjohn.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    And this claims to have gone to UT. You flunked out of UTSA didn't you?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You stupid, ignorant dumb . Go back through the archives of all the OT games in college and tell me what percentage of teams choose defense first. Guess all those coaches aren't on your 'intellectual' level either.

This is really low even for you, dumbjohn.
    Actually it would be interesting to go back in the last 10 years and look at what positions players were recruited for. Say the top 20 ratings each year, O or D.? I know there seem to be quite a few DE that have been rated first. The pros would be easier. I think you just need more people for D just because they chase.

But from a position point of view, this is actually interesting.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Smh amazing how many don't get it.
    Pretty much everyone gets it but you, tbh.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    People are en led to their opinion about whether or not Baylor will be relevant, and I'm always waiting for the shoe to drop and for them to become sucky again, but I'm unsure how someone can have watched the game and make the above statement. Baylor gave up one good drive in the first half, and everything else was three-and-outs and maybe one or two first downs and a takeaway. The game was over at halftime and they had reserves in by the fourth quarter.

Now if you want to point to a reason the Bears have to be concerned down the road, look at their kicking game. Their kicker has the biggest case of the yips I've ever seen, and I've rooted for Florida State for almost 30 years.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    I haven't watched any of their games, but I know UT always has talent. I'm sure their recruiting classes are always better than Baylor's. There's no reason they can't suddenly rise to their talent level and play with anyone, tbh.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    it sucks when your team is used as a measuring tape as to whether or not can a coach...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

I love love giving a nuggy to little brother Aggy. We really should play them again, but not till we are respectable again.

, dude. right now, texas has sunk so low, KANSAS fired their coach for not being able to beat them. why would anyone want texas on their schedule right now?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Wow. Just when I thought you couldnt get any dumber.

there are no boundaries when it comes to how abysmal his contributions can be.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    , dude. right now, texas has sunk so low, KANSAS fired their coach for not being able to beat them. why would anyone want texas on their schedule right now?
    Yeah, that's why they fired him. Because he couldn't beat Texas. That's it. You got it. Hot takes. Outstanding analysis.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm a Swoopes apologist. Dude has played light years ahead of where I thought he'd be. He's slow as though. If they run one more goddamn option play where he takes it to the outside, or sweep where he lumbers towards the sideline, or zone read where he doesn't keep the ball, I'll punch a kitten. I know it's only the fifth game with a patch-work o-line and a back-up quarterback, but Shawn Watson is the demon spawn of Greg Davis and a zombie .
    yeah.....if i have to watch swoopes roll out and throw the ball out of bounds one more time......

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's why they fired him. Because he couldn't beat Texas. That's it. You got it. Hot takes. Outstanding analysis.

almost as keen as your ability to recognize sarcasm.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I hate fat coaches. It's ridiculously hypocritical for them to push players to exhaustion while they're sitting in a golf cart laying waste to a 12 pack of krispy kreme

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

a little short sided by ND to stop the games with Texas though. I really hope UT beats the snot out of those choir boys.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    and for what....? for georgia?

yeesh

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    almost as keen as your ability to recognize sarcasm.
    Probably. I'm horribad at sarcasm.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, Georgia

the four most reliably over-rated teams year after year
    At least Texas and ND have been in a le game in the last five years.

You can add Clemson to that list.

Thread Information