Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Now don't yourself up and get in a pissing match with any other poster. Do not let anyone wind you up enough to take pics and upload them to post here. In fact, this should be your only post of this thread.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Holder was a complete joke.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs Meese, Ashcroft, Gonzalez all sucked just as bad if not much worse. To say nothing of the current batch of Repug SCOTUS5 compromised assholes.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Best signing voice tho.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 09-25-2014 at 03:00 PM.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonzales that guy was beyond awful

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This puritannical asshole, or some Repug assholes in Exec branch, refused to be seen with a naked boob of a statue, so spent taxpayer $8K on curtains to cover it up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonzales that guy was beyond awful
    and what about the mascara monster dubya wanted to put on SCOTUS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s oddly fitting that Attorney General Eric Holder – a stubbornly independent career prosecutor ridiculed by Barack Obama’s advisers for having lousy political instincts— would nail his dismount.

But Holder, who began his stormy five-plus-year tenure at the Justice Department with his controversial “Nation of Cowards” speech, has chosen what seems to be the ideal (and maybe the only) moment to call it quits after more than 18 months of musing privately about leaving with the president and senior White House adviser Valerie Jarrett, a trio bound by friendship, progressive ideology and shared African-American ancestry.

It was now or never, several current and former administration officials say, and Holder – under pressure to retire from a physician wife worried about a recent health scare, checked the "now" box. “It was a quit-now or never-quit moment,” one former administration official said. “You didn’t want confirmation hearings in 2015 if the Republicans control the Senate. So if he didn’t do it now, there was no way he could ever do it.”

Holder—described by associates as President Obama’s “heat shield” on race and civil rights—sprung it on the president over the Labor Day holidays. Obama didn’t bother to push back as he has in the past, even though staffers say he winces at the prospect of a long confirmation battle, whomever he chooses for the nation’s top law enforcement job.

Holder’s announcement gives Obama several weeks to pick and vet a successor who would face confirmation hearings in the lame-duck session after the midterms. Holder has “agreed to remain in his post until the confirmation of his successor,” a top Justice Department aide said, as an insurance policy against GOP foot-dragging.

His timing also has a personal dimension. The keenly legacy-conscious Holder has never been in better standing, leaving on arguably the highest personal note of his tenure, after a year of progress on his plan to reform sentencing laws and just after his well-received, calming-the-waters trip to Ferguson, Missouri, during the riots in August. In a background email to reporters, a senior Justice Department official struck a victory-lap tone, writing, “The Attorney General’s tenure has been marked by historic gains in the areas of criminal justice reform and civil rights enforcement. The last week alone has seen several announcements related to these signature issues.”

That’s a striking contrast to the defensive posture of the last few years, when Holder became the first sitting Cabinet official to be found in contempt of Congress. Hill Republicans, who have warred with Holder for years, greeted his departure with don’t-let-the-door-hit-you-on-the-way-out glee. “I welcome the news that Eric Holder will step down as Attorney General,” said House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, in an email. “From Operation Fast and Furious to his misleading testimony before the House Judiciary Committee regarding the Department’s dealings with members of the media and his refusal to appoint a special counsel to investigate the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups, Mr. Holder has consistently played partisan politics with many of the important issues facing the Justice Department.”

At the moment, there’s no obvious replacement, several officials close to the situation told me. W. Neil Eggleston, the new White House counsel, will lead the search with an assist from Jarrett, Holder’s longtime ally and defender. Obama and his team would probably prefer a known and trusted quan y—like Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, a potential future Democratic presidential candidate who served as the head of the department’s civil rights division under Bill Clinton. But Patrick, who is friends with Obama insiders like David Axelrod, who still advises his old boss informally, has repeatedly told them he’s not interested, and – for now—he seems to mean it. When asked by reporters today, Patrick snapped, “I am going to finish my term and then head into the private sector.”

Solicitor General Donald Verrilli, Jr. is a favorite of Obama’s, and a person valued as a team player inside the West Wing—not as widely known but someone who might have an inside track, thanks to Obama’s penchant for picking trusted insiders over high-profile outsiders. But liberal critics have faulted Verilli for his halting performance defending the Affordable Care Act before the Supreme Court, as well as his mixed scorecard overall.

In recent days the president’s team has also taken a close look at California Attorney General Kamala Harris, an African-American woman who would likely pursue the same civil rights agenda championed by Holder—but may opt to stay in her state to pursue gubernatorial ambitions.

Other names under consideration, but considered less likely, according to check-ins with half a dozen current and former West Wingers: Preet Bharara, U.S. Attorney in Manhattan known for his aggressive Wall Street prosecutions; Ron Machen, the young U.S. attorney for Washington, D.C.—a job once held by Holder; Connecticut Sen. Richard Blumenthal, a former state attorney general; former Joe Biden aide Neil MacBride, an ex-federal prosecutor in Virginia who is now a partner at the law firm Davis Polk; ex-White House Counsel Kathryn Ruemmler, another Obama favorite; and Labor Secretary Tom Perez, another former head of the civil rights division—and currently the only Latino candidate mentioned by insiders.

There’s also at least one high-profile long-shot on the informal list being circulated inside Obama’s camp: former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, who left Washington in 2013 to take over the massive University of California system, according to one Democrat with close ties to the White House. Napolitano was the original choice for the job at the start of Obama’s first term – a favorite of then-Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. Holder, who had considered himself the sole front-runner for the job, was startled during the 2008-09 transition period when he was handed a Department of Justice binder that included headshots of himself and Napolitano as potential AGs.

mas@: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...333.html?hp=t1

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No wonder he's calling it quits...

Judge Denies DOJ Request to Delay Release of Fast and Furious Do ent List

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/09/25/judge-denies-doj-request-to-delay-release-of-fast-and-furious-do ent-list-n1896621

U.S. District Court Judge John D. Bates has denied a request from the Department of Justice to delay the release of a list of Operation Fast and Furious do ents being protected under President Obama's assertion of executive privilege.
    The list, better known as a Vaughn index, was requested through a June 2012 FOIA filing by government watchdog Judicial Watch. When DOJ didn't respond to the FOIA request in the time required by law, Judicial Watch sued in September 2012, seeking all do ents DOJ and the White House are withholding from Congress under executive privilege claims. President Obama made the assertion on June 20, 2012 just moments before Attorney General Eric Holder was held in contempt. In July 2014, after two years of battling for information, Judge Bates ordered the Department of Justice to release the Vaughn Index by October 1. DOJ responded by asking for a month long delay in releasing the list with a deadline of November 3, just one day before the 2014-midterm elections. That request has been denied. A short delay was granted and DOJ must produce the Vaughn index by October 22.
    "The government’s arguments for even more time are unconvincing," Bates said in his ruling. "[S]eventy-five days—plus another twenty-one, based in part on Judiciary Watch’s consent—is enough time for the government to prepare the index that this Court has ordered, given that this matter has been pending for over two years. The Court will therefore extend the Department’s Vaughn index submission deadline to October 22, 2014—and no further."
    "The government argues that it must devote significant numbers of attorneys to this matter if it hopes to comply with the current Vaughn index deadline ... But the Department has known about its Vaughn index obligations since July 18, 2014 ... At best, it means the Department has been slow to react to this Court’s previous Order. At worst, it means the Department has ignored that Order until now," he added.

The House Oversight Committee is also suing for the release of the Vaughn index and earlier this month U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson ordered DOJ to produce requested information to lawmakers by November 1.
    In the Vaughn index, DOJ must explain why do ents have been withheld from Congress and the American people under President Obama's assertion of executive privilege. The requirements for DOJ in handling the information included in the Vaughn index are as follows:
    1) identify each do ent withheld; (2) state the statutory exemption claimed; and (3) explain how disclosure would damage the interests protected by the claimed exemption.
    “The Obama administration failed to game the courts and now will have to account for its Fast and Furious lies. Two federal courts have now rejected Eric Holder’s election-related ploy to keep this information from the American people,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement in reaction to the ruling. “This is a battle that put Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, saw Nixonian assertions of executive privilege by Barack Obama, and a hapless Congress in the face of all this lawlessness. This latest court ruling shows again that Judicial Watch’s independent investigations and lawsuits are more effective than Congress and the rest of media. We are pleased we may get some accountability for Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and hundreds of others who lost their lives as a result of Obama’s Fast and Furious program.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holder was at best a very questionable individual. No sadness seeing someone else move into that role.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    It's about damn time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holder (n!gg@) derangement syndrome.

"Good Luck With Your Asparagus". East Texas inbred cretin Gohmert -slapped by a n!gg@!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derangement, and classy

Top Conservative Think Tank Calls First Black Attorney General ‘A Modern-Day George Wallace’

is “like a modern-day George Wallace,” according to a senior staffer at the conservative Cato Ins ute. Wallace, who served as Alabama’s governor for much of the 1960s through the 1980s, was an arch-segregationist for much of his time in office. In his 1963 inaugural address, Wallace issued the rallying cry “segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.” Later that same year, when two black students attempted to register at the University of Alabama, Wallace famously stood in the doorway of the university’s auditorium in a symbolic attempt to block their entry.

In a column that was briefly published on Cato’s website, Ilya Shapiro, a Cato Senior Fellow who frequently litigates on behalf of the think tank before the Supreme Court, drew the comparison between Holder and Wallace. Holder, according to Shapiro’s column, “has called for racial preference now, racial preferences tomorrow, racial preferences forever.” The column has since been removed from Cato’s webpage.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...eorge-wallace/

Kock sucking Cato, 40 years bona fides VRWC agent, adored as libertarians' brain trust!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tough loss for the cartels. Obama will find another sycophant to run guns, but still, sad day for this country.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hahahaha prepare your anus holder

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    http://www.examiner.com/article/netw...er-resignation

In the late breaking development concerning the resignation of Attorney General Eric Holder, the mainstream media news outlets failed to report the reason for Holder's departure. For example, although CBS News mentioned that Holder had been the only attorney general in U.S. history to be held in contempt of Congress, the network failed to cite this as a key reason Holder decided to bail. The omission speaks volumes.
    Attorney General Eric Holder announces his resignation. Photo by Win McNamee/Getty ImagesHolder's resignation comes on the heels of a ruling today by a federal judge that the contempt of Congress citation against Holder can proceed to the next level. House leaders had been stymied by the refusal of Holder and the Department of Justice (DOJ) to comply with requests for appropriate do ents in the ongoing investigations into the Fast and Furious debacle. The House further was thwarted by the refusal of DOJ personnel to cooperate with Congress in the ongoing investigations.
    The Obama administration had argued that the courts should stop the contempt citation from moving forward in the courts. Thus, the ruling today is a victory for the U.S. House of Representatives, which had found itself unable to move forward in the Fast and Furious investigation due to stonewalling and the refusal to cooperate on the part of Holder and other top DOJ officials. The ruling, further, is a major setback for Holder and Obama, who had been hiding themselves behind "executive privilege" in refusing to cooperate with Congress.
    Judicial Watch had taken the Obama administration to court in order to force the DOJ's hand in turning over the pertinent do ents, which it had withheld from Congress. Now that the court has ruled against Holder and Obama, the House Committee can proceed to the next level of its investigation. And Obama and Holder can no longer claim executive privilege in continuing to withhold evidence.
    That evidence not only includes the alleged involvement of the very top tier of the Obama administration in authorizing illegal activity but the full account of the cir stances surrounding the murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, who was killed with one of the guns that the administration used in the Fast and Furious scandal.
    The Examiner reported extensively on Fast and Furious at the time that whistleblowers within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) came forward to report that the agency had been involved in a massive scheme, planned and coordinated at the very top levels of the Obama administration, to place U.S. guns into the hands of dangerous Mexican drug cartels. The government claims it was "a tracking attempt, a sting operation gone bad."
    But whistleblowers and investigative reporters such as David Codrea and Mike Vanderboegh discovered that there was no sting and no attempt to track illegal firearms. Rather, the scheme was implemented in order to attempt to "prove" the false meme of administration officials that "most of the illegal guns used by Mexican drug cartels come from the United States." This meme was to be hammered home as far and wide as possible in order to build support for more restrictive U.S. gun laws. Not only were officials at the top level of the ATF involved in the scheme but so were top officials at the DOJ, Hillary Clinton at the State Department, Janet Napolitano at the Department of Homeland Security, and others, not to mention Obama.
    ATF whistleblowers began to notice that no illegal weapons were being recovered in the so-called "sting operation," which led them to do some covert digging around at the agency to discover what, exactly, was going on. What they discovered was widespread corruption, illegal activity, and covert attempts to undercut the gun rights of ordinary citizens

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all VRWC $100Ms available to harass the Dems, why doesn't somebody finance a suit agaist Holder/DoJ or whatever they think is the culprit?

With the absolute truths, facts, crimes shown by the Examiner, how could a suit possibly fail to convict?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all VRWC $100Ms available to harass the Dems, why doesn't somebody finance a suit agaist Holder/DoJ or whatever they think is the culprit?

With the absolute truths, facts, crimes shown by the Examiner, how could a suit possibly fail to convict?

because until now Obama had invoked executive privilege.

, they still probably won't turn anything over or it will be so heavily redacted it won't do any good. They will cover their tracks like a cat covering .

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.examiner.com/article/netw...er-resignation

In the late breaking development concerning the resignation of Attorney General Eric Holder, the mainstream media news outlets failed to report the reason for Holder's departure. For example, although CBS News mentioned that Holder had been the only attorney general in U.S. history to be held in contempt of Congress, the network failed to cite this as a key reason Holder decided to bail. The omission speaks volumes.
    Attorney General Eric Holder announces his resignation. Photo by Win McNamee/Getty ImagesHolder's resignation comes on the heels of a ruling today by a federal judge that the contempt of Congress citation against Holder can proceed to the next level. House leaders had been stymied by the refusal of Holder and the Department of Justice (DOJ) to comply with requests for appropriate do ents in the ongoing investigations into the Fast and Furious debacle. The House further was thwarted by the refusal of DOJ personnel to cooperate with Congress in the ongoing investigations.
    The Obama administration had argued that the courts should stop the contempt citation from moving forward in the courts. Thus, the ruling today is a victory for the U.S. House of Representatives, which had found itself unable to move forward in the Fast and Furious investigation due to stonewalling and the refusal to cooperate on the part of Holder and other top DOJ officials. The ruling, further, is a major setback for Holder and Obama, who had been hiding themselves behind "executive privilege" in refusing to cooperate with Congress.
    Judicial Watch had taken the Obama administration to court in order to force the DOJ's hand in turning over the pertinent do ents, which it had withheld from Congress. Now that the court has ruled against Holder and Obama, the House Committee can proceed to the next level of its investigation. And Obama and Holder can no longer claim executive privilege in continuing to withhold evidence.
    That evidence not only includes the alleged involvement of the very top tier of the Obama administration in authorizing illegal activity but the full account of the cir stances surrounding the murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, who was killed with one of the guns that the administration used in the Fast and Furious scandal.
    The Examiner reported extensively on Fast and Furious at the time that whistleblowers within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) came forward to report that the agency had been involved in a massive scheme, planned and coordinated at the very top levels of the Obama administration, to place U.S. guns into the hands of dangerous Mexican drug cartels. The government claims it was "a tracking attempt, a sting operation gone bad."
    But whistleblowers and investigative reporters such as David Codrea and Mike Vanderboegh discovered that there was no sting and no attempt to track illegal firearms. Rather, the scheme was implemented in order to attempt to "prove" the false meme of administration officials that "most of the illegal guns used by Mexican drug cartels come from the United States." This meme was to be hammered home as far and wide as possible in order to build support for more restrictive U.S. gun laws. Not only were officials at the top level of the ATF involved in the scheme but so were top officials at the DOJ, Hillary Clinton at the State Department, Janet Napolitano at the Department of Homeland Security, and others, not to mention Obama.
    ATF whistleblowers began to notice that no illegal weapons were being recovered in the so-called "sting operation," which led them to do some covert digging around at the agency to discover what, exactly, was going on. What they discovered was widespread corruption, illegal activity, and covert attempts to undercut the gun rights of ordinary citizens
    So what does that have to do with Holder's resignation? He's still going to be in office for at least a couple of months.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what does that have to do with Holder's resignation? He's still going to be in office for at least a couple of months.
    The Repug Senate will block all Obama nominations, if only by attaching totally repugnant amendments.

The Repugs won't do anything, at very earliest, until after 20 Jan 2015 as they expect to control the Senate, not suggesting that they will do anything after that date, since they haven't done anything at all in 2014.

100% obstructionism is a VRWC objective, since it prevents govt from touching the vastly rigged status quo as paid for by the VRWC.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i hope that er goes down hard, release the do ents!!!! in n!ggerboy will never get my guns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Best signing voice tho.
    God Damnit, that voice is beautiful.

Thread Information