Team of destiny?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would say yes, but the NL still exists.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Its not a team of destiny when you do so many things well and making yourselves extremely difficult to defeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets see how they respond when they lose a game or two. They are extremely streaky and I am curious as to how they will respond when they do finally lose. I just hope the O's can stop this insane run they are on. Wasn't expecting this crap at all.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The only thing streaky about the Royals is their offense, but their starting pitching, bullpen, defense, and base-running are among the elite. The reason why the O's lost the first two games is because the Royals bullpen has been stronger which won't change unless an injury happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have gotten to their bullpen in each game. Its not like they have been lights out. And their starters are ok, but outside of James Shields I hardly would label them as elite. Maybe their base running, but other than that they just seem to be getting all the timely hits while we have not. They have been better than our bullpen thus far outside of Andrew Miller the rest of our guys can't seem to find the strike zone. What I mean't by streaky was their wins and loses. They were on this insane streak during the season where they won like 22 out of 24 games, then they went through a point during the season where they lost 8 of 10. I am just curious how they respond under pressure if we can somehow manage to take 2 out of 3 in KC. Well at this point we really don't have a choice if we want to stay alive. If we lose tonight this series is all but done. Tonight is a must win for us.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    We have gotten to their bullpen in each game. Its not like they have been lights out. And their starters are ok, but outside of James Shields I hardly would label them as elite. Maybe their base running, but other than that they just seem to be getting all the timely hits while we have not. They have been better than our bullpen thus far outside of Andrew Miller the rest of our guys can't seem to find the strike zone. What I mean't by streaky was their wins and loses. They were on this insane streak during the season where they won like 22 out of 24 games, then they went through a point during the season where they lost 8 of 10. I am just curious how they respond under pressure if we can somehow manage to take 2 out of 3 in KC. Well at this point we really don't have a choice if we want to stay alive. If we lose tonight this series is all but done. Tonight is a must win for us.
    Game one you didn't get to Herreira or Davis who each pitched two dominating innings. Holland did struggle in the 9th in Game One, but only allowed one baserunner in Game 2 and had a couple of Ks. I don't remember the bullpen allowing any runs in Game 2. Ventura allowed all 4 runs.

The Royals have an elite defense as well. They have 5 guys who are Gold Glove Caliber.

The offense for the Royals have been the big surprise. Not only have the HRs come, but the team is walking alot more as well and getting timely hits. In baseball, offense is the only thing that comes and goes while defense, pitching, and base-running remains consistent.

Orioles have to win tonight assuming there is a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this crap is in all likelihood over with.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    World Series bound! Congrats Pelicans78!

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    World Series bound! Congrats Pelicans78!

Bring back the Expos!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could the Royals go 12-0?

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the Hollywood stars are now saying they were KC fans all along.....Lady GaGa said " I have been a fan of KC for years, they are not boring
    like the Spurs"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bring back the Expos!!!
    VCongrats man! You guys kicked our butts.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    VCongrats man! You guys kicked our butts.
    Four close games especially the last two where the Royals got more breaks. Orioles easily could have won any of those games. Congrats on a great season and you guys will be favorites again next season with a full roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bring back the Expos!!!
    Yeah like that's going to happen

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Yeah like that's going to happen
    Expos will be in the World Series in a few years, while the Habs are contracted due to nobody caring about their asses anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expos will be in the World Series in a few years, while the Habs are contracted due to nobody caring about their asses anymore
    In a bizarro World? Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Four close games especially the last two where the Royals got more breaks. Orioles easily could have won any of those games. Congrats on a great season and you guys will be favorites again next season with a full roster.

Those games were close but it never felt like we were in control or had any sort of a chance. Yall pitching, defense, and timely hitting is just lights out. G/L against SF who is another team that just always seem to figure out ways to win in the postseason. Should be a great series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling the Royals are going to get swept by the Giants. I've said it before; Bruce Bochy may be one of the greatest managers of all time.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I have a feeling the Royals are going to get swept by the Giants. I've said it before; Bruce Bochy may be one of the greatest managers of all time.
    Giants win on other teams mistakes and bullpens. That's not likely against the Royals. Supposedly Buck Showalter is a genius and Ned held his own against him. I really don't see where the Giants have a major advantage and managers are overrated in baseball compared to other sports.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Can you imagine if a Kansas City type NBA made it to the finals? I really hope the Royals don't get swept. I don't want the Giants ringing again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Royals won't get swept; in fact, I think they take this in 5 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought we would handle them in 5 and I thought them sweeping Anaheim was a fluke. I think this series goes 6 or 7 games. Not sure of the outcome because the Giants have the tendency of finding ways to win in the playoffs somehow. The Giants are the one team I didn't want the O's to face. Turns out it was KC that I should had been more worried about. The only thing that concerns me about KC is how they are going to respond to a loss in the playoffs.

Thread Information