Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baker Who Wouldn't Serve Lesbians Burst Into Tears On Gay Marriage Panel

In January, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries said that there was serious evidence that the couple broke the law by refusing to bake a cake for the lesbian couple.

Moderator Peter Sprigg then asked the couple about legal action taken against them.

"I mean quite frankly, they didn't just harass us, they harassed the other wedding vendors that we did business with. It cut off our referral system," Aaron Klein, Melissa's husband, said. "We had to shut the shop down. Melissa does very limited cakes out of our house. I mean we're facing in excess of $150,000 of damages for this, just for simply standing by my first amendment rights."

Klein said it's a "violation of my conscience, I mean it's a violation of my religious freedom."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

ignorant, simplistic, hateful . Your hate ain't about First Amendment, it ain't about religious freedom. It's about your hate penalizing, discriminating against people in public commerce who don't share your hate.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    shut the up got, i'll bake a cake for whoever the i please. the hateful ones are the asshurt little s mad because christians will NEVER accept that what they do is ok, and therefore embarked on a mission to ruin the baker economically.

you need to stop running your mouth, the end of this leftist bull in america is near and we know who you are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ignorant, simplistic, hateful . Your hate ain't about First Amendment, it ain't about religious freedom. It's about your hate penalizing, discriminating against people in public commerce who don't share your hate.
    sorry Bouts, but the above could be said about your Lezbo couple.

Going on a spiteful revenge trip when they could have simply found another baker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry Bouts, but the above could be said about your Lezbo couple.

Going on a spiteful revenge trip when they could have simply found another baker.
    "the baker said", no proof.

Her original refusal to do business, to discriminate based on sexual orientation, months ago made national news sites, and certainly made the rounds in Oregon and in her locale.

If people then boycotted her, she can't prove the refused couple instigated the boycott.

She broke The Law you right wingers so rigidly cling to:

Oregon Bakery Found To Have Unlawfully Discriminated Against Same-Sex Couple

The Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries announced Friday that it found substantial evidence that Sweet Cakes by Melissa broke the law when it refused to sell a wedding cake to a same-sex couple.

A conciliation process will now take place between the bakery and the lesbian couple to reach a settlement, but if an agreement cannot be reached, owners Aaron and Melissa Klein may face charges.

According to the decision, the bakery does not cons ute a “religious ins ution” under law, regardless of the Kleins’ beliefs. Thus, they are a business and public accommodation just like any other and are required by law to provide equal service on the basis of sexual orientation.

The discrimination took place last February, when Rachel Cryer and Laurel Bowman sought out a wedding cake from Sweet Cakes for their impending nuptials. Though the Kleins were willing to sell the couple regular baked goods, they insisted that they could not produce a wedding cake for a same-sex marriage because it would violate their religious beliefs. Cryer and Bowman filed a complaint alleging unlawful discrimination.

Since then, Sweet Cakes has closed up its public storefront and the Kleins now run it from home, citing a loss of business due to public scrutiny. Melissa responded to the decision on Facebook:

To all of you that have been praying for Aaron and I, I want to say thank you. I know that your prayers are being heard. I feel such a peace with all of this that is going on. Even though there are days that are hard and times of struggle we still feel that the Lord is in this. It is His fight and our situation is in His hands.We received papers from BOLI yesterday and they have made their decision that we have apparently discriminated. From what we have gathered we now have to wait to find out what the fines will be within 60 days. I can’t say much more but will update when I’m able to. Please continue to pray for our family. God is great, amazing and all powerful. I know He has a plan

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/0...ng-sex-couple/

She and her fellow haters should pray that "amazing and all powerful He" is also ready to fork up fines and coverage for her destroyed business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Maher slaps his own side

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [SIZE=3][FONT=arial]
    She broke The Law you right wingers so rigidly cling to:
    I'm certainly not a right winger.
    What next, the baker is going to be forced to shape a large strap on phallus and belt on top of the cake?

Bull law.
    "Settlement"
    You talk about people having stuff forced on them?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm certainly not a right winger.
    What next, the baker is going to be forced to shape a large strap on phallus and belt on top of the cake?

Bull law.
    "Settlement"
    You talk about people having stuff forced on them?
    fabbs and his right-wing stance slapped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's running 3-1 against your fudgepack loving hind end.

Bill Maher makes it 4-1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Boutons, thank you for the lovely cake idea and gift at our wedding. And for your dogmatic support for our ruining the bakers finances."
    -The Oregon couple.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You need help.

"Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in
    Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated
    Self-Assessments"
    http://www.mastercodeprofessional.co..._It_(2009).pdf

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks