My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron ""I had no sugars, no dairy, no carbs," the four-time NBA MVP said of his summer diet in a previous interview. "All I ate was meat, fish, veggies and fruit. That's it. For 67 straight days."

When Timmy Duncs slimmed down in summer 2012, (and was it even moreso summer 2013?) did he do /is he still doing the above diet? Any other Spurs? Probably a less severe version of it but....anyone know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris ate babybel cheese everyday with Brazil

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you read the whole thing by Lebron he talks about how he had fruits and veggies daily.. aka carbs...

He doesn't seem to know the definition of carb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu said he changed his eating habits. He limited his sugar intake, eat more fish less meat...
    On one hand, I’m much more aware of what I eat. When you’re 25, 26, 28 years old, you have a physical error margin; if you ate too much or bad food, you don’t feel it as much. But at 36, and competing against these monsters, if I don’t watch what I eat, and I don’t have the necessary fuel, I feel it on the joints and the muscles. Quality of ingredients is key. I’m avoiding white flour and sugars, that is, bread, sweets, regular pasta. And eating much more proteins. I added much more fish to my diet; before I would do 80% meat, 20% fish, and now it’s more like 50%-50%.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227538

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you read the whole thing by Lebron he talks about how he had fruits and veggies daily.. aka carbs...

breads and starches is most likely what he means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said refined sugars, but yeah, I thought the same thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's pretty normal for diets to separate fruits & veggies from high carb foods. Sounds like he basically did a No White Diet.

http://www.everydiet.org/diet/no-white-foods-diet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I know, keep an eye on Belli/Leonard. Leonard got back in the gym pretty fast, said his workout schedule is crazy, 2x a day workouts, barely had any time off this summer.

This is will actually be the first time Leonard has truly had a full off season to really hone his skills. His rookie year was the lockout, not even a training camp, teams couldn't contact players. 2nd year he sat out the entire off season to rest his knee (prolly responsible for his slow start). This year though, this is his first.

I've heard Belli is doing crossfit which can be pretty intense, the workouts he's doing would really benefit him. His career as a Spur depends on his success this off season. Nothing was really wrong with his offense, but defensively everyone was just too athletic, making him useless in the playoffs.

Saw Diaw with France, looked fat as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris ate babybel cheese everyday with Brazil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Saw Diaw with France, looked fat as .
    sign that his diet is working good

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    breads and starches is most likely what he means.
    more likely, processed carbs like bread, potatoes, donuts, cake, and fast carbs like sugar and corn syrup, even corn.

slow carbs like beans, pulses, and natural sugars in the matrix of fresh fruit aren't sources of weight gain, insulin insensivity, and insulin es that convert excess carbs into tryglycerides(fat).
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-01-2014 at 11:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody looked to be in really good shape during the scrimmage last night.

You can definitely tell Kawhi has spent his summer in the gym. Green and Marco looks trim as well.

Even Patty and Tim look like they've lost a bit more weight.

Bonner looks ing ripped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron ""I had no sugars, no dairy, no carbs," the four-time NBA MVP said of his summer diet in a previous interview. "All I ate was meat, fish, veggies and fruit. That's it. For 67 straight days."

When Timmy Duncs slimmed down in summer 2012, (and was it even moreso summer 2013?) did he do /is he still doing the above diet? Any other Spurs? Probably a less severe version of it but....anyone know?
    isn't fruit natural sugar so he's eating sugar

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isn't fruit natural sugar so he's eating sugar
    but it's not pure, highly refined, processed sugar like white sugar or the evil HFCS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but it's not pure, highly refined, processed sugar like white sugar or the evil HFCS
    gothca

Thread Information