Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link where he told them the first time he had just flown in from Liberia. That's not exactly a standard question on the admission form.
    IIRC, he TOLD, not wrote, the ER people he came from Liberia. anyway, they knew, they passed it upwards, no action.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Except the info didnt get passed upward. It got orphaned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever worked in a hospital ER? Eyup.
    Nice little Repub rant tho.
    Couldn't resist it.

Had to audit a medmal insurer, so I got to dig a bit to understand tort reform and its effects.

It would be impolitic, and illegal, to reveal what I read in their claims files, but let's just say it did not make me a big fan of tort reform.

It was a hugely partisan effort that didn't do what it's supporters claimed, and had some rather nasty effects on regular people who really deserved more from the justice system than what they ended up getting.

Let's just say grandma is literally worth less under this law than you or I.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, he TOLD, not wrote, the ER people he came from Liberia. anyway, they knew, they passed it upwards, no action.
    He had to fill out a questionairre to the Liberian authorities, where he appears to have lied. They have announced that they will prosecute him for that, if he ever returns.

He did tell the ER intake that he traveled to Liberia though. That is where the miscommunication happened that we are discussing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did tell the ER intake that he traveled to Liberia though. That is where the miscommunication happened that we are discussing.
    thanks for catching up with the rest of us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a hugely partisan effort that didn't do what it's supporters claimed, and had some rather nasty effects on regular people who really deserved more from the justice system than what they ended up getting..
    I'm curious about this. Assuming you're referring to the damages cap, injured plaintiffs still can recover all their medical expenses. Thier pain and suffering is capped at 250k per doctor (and another 500k for up to two medical providers in addition to the doctor, or 750k total). They have their injuries paid for - and get an extra 750k for gruesome malpractice. Why aren't they getting what they deserve?

Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of tort reform either, but that's because it limits the sorts of cases I can take and make big money on. That was a boon for plaintiff's lawyers back in the day, which makes for odd bedfellows for a bleeding heart such as yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious about this. Assuming you're referring to the damages cap, injured plaintiffs still can recover all their medical expenses. Thier pain and suffering is capped at 250k per doctor (and another 500k for up to two medical providers in addition to the doctor, or 750k total). They have their injuries paid for - and get an extra 750k for gruesome malpractice. Why aren't they getting what they deserve?

Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of tort reform either, but that's because it limits the sorts of cases I can take and make big money on. That was a boon for plaintiff's lawyers back in the day, which makes for odd bedfellows for a bleeding heart such as yourself.
    you should sue God for gruesome malpractice on your face

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thanks for catching up with the rest of us.
    Youre not quite there yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would you allow me to cut off your leg for $750k?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. But you're on one leg and one lung as it is

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yarr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    africans with ebola, nobody gives a

black american with ebola, do you think anyone gives a ?

lol saving the white ebola victims

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now the hospital is denying that it got orphaned. They say it did get passed along. Story changing each day. Foreigner, no insurance... give him some pills and send him home...

No matter what, it's spells massive incompetence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you allow me to cut off your leg for $750k?
    Holy you're ing dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy you're ing dumb
    Just answer the question pussy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like the consensus is that DAL hospital erred, and EVERY health care provider is now (finally?) super seriously watching for Ebola syndrome and then African travels.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    100,000 killed by measels last year. 3000 killed Ebola in 3 decades. Yeah...lets get worked up. smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just answer the question pussy.
    Lol getting all agro, huh bro.

No, I wouldnt. I don't see what that has to do with negligence tho. Pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol getting all agro, huh bro.

No, I wouldnt. I don't see what that has to do with negligence tho. Pussy.
    So if some dumb dr accidentally amputated your leg as opposed to the guy in the bed next to you, you don't think you'd have a case to sue the dr for more than $750k?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if some dumb dr accidentally amputated your leg as opposed to the guy in the bed next to you, you don't think you'd have a case to sue the dr for more than $750k?
    Accidentally isn't the same thing as letting someone cut your leg off.

How many accidental amputations have taken place in Texas over the past 10 years? Gimme some evidence of the sorts of facts behind most med mal cases while your at it

For "usual" medical malpractice, I'd think the cap is fine for pain and suffering, but I'm open to being wrong. There are non-medical liability claims (ie assault) that cover more extreme situations and those don't have the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Accidentally isn't the same thing as letting someone cut your leg off.

How many accidental amputations have taken place in Texas over the past 10 years? Gimme some evidence of the sorts of facts behind most med mal cases while your at it

For "usual" medical malpractice, I'd think the cap is fine for pain and suffering, but I'm open to being wrong. There are non-medical liability claims (ie assault) that cover more extreme situations and those don't have the cap.
    So you value your leg more than $750k. That's all I needed to know. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you value your leg more than $750k. That's all I needed to know. Thanks.
    Holy you're ing dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up moron. There's no argument for establishing an arbitrary cap on malpractice. Let a judge/jury decide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up moron. There's no argument for establishing an arbitrary cap on malpractice. Let a judge/jury decide.
    Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of tort reform either, but that's because it limits the sorts of cases I can take and make big money on.
    Lol pussy

Thread Information