Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious about this. Assuming you're referring to the damages cap, injured plaintiffs still can recover all their medical expenses. Thier pain and suffering is capped at 250k per doctor (and another 500k for up to two medical providers in addition to the doctor, or 750k total). They have their injuries paid for - and get an extra 750k for gruesome malpractice. Why aren't they getting what they deserve?
    Lol pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol not knowing the difference between negligence and assault

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just answer the question pussy.
    lol you're so tough

on the day of the rope we have something for fake tough guys

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Pusher just being emotional due to losing manhood years ago in a hospital mishap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol not knowing the difference between negligence and assault
    I was simply trying to establish a value you would put on a crucial limb. So in your feable mind a limb is worth no more than $750k in damages if lost due to a dr's negligence. Correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was simply trying to establish a value you would put on a crucial limb. So in your feable mind a limb is worth no more than $750k in damages if lost due to a dr's negligence. Correct?
    No you weren't. You were being a passive aggressive pussy per the par asking vague enough questions that you hope would let you make some sort of point. Too bad you can't tell your ass from your face when it comes to how this plays out in the real world and you got exposed as the two bit ignorant you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its really really really hard to lose a limb due to negligence; that typically occurs in more severe cases, like assault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you weren't.
    Yes. I was. And just as I suspected you value your limbs more than some arbitrary cap. but what do you care, you don't support tort reform because it limits the amount of money you can make, but you do think victims of negligence can "get what they deserve".

bag lawyer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3000 killed Ebola in 3 decades.
    ??? 3500 dead in 2014

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    good luck ebola! give ol the'pussy a visit!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50,000 people will die from the flu this year in the US.

Too bad the flu does not have as disgusting symptoms as it's much more contagious and a much bigger concern.
    When you deed, you deed, despite the symptoms. It's a great press release for the people who can't recognize more immediate problems.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Republican Sequester Prevented Health Agencies From Stopping Ebola Spread

Two weeks ago in the Senate, committees on Appropriations and Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions convened a hearing to “discuss” what kind of resources are necessary to address, and stop the virus from spreading. According to the director of the CDC National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Dr. Beth Bell, the epidemic could have been stopped if more had been done sooner to build global health security.

Bell asserted that if the Republican sequester had not cut aid budgets and global health programs indiscriminately by $411 million, and USAID by $289 million, the epidemic could been reduced to a manageable situation if not stopped altogether. Bell said, “If even modest investments had been made to build a public health infrastructure in West Africa previously, the current Ebola epidemic could have been detected earlier, and it could have been identified and contained. This Ebola epidemic shows that any vulnerability could have widespread impact if not stopped at the source.” Now it has the possibility of impacting Americans.

Despite warnings from economic experts and myriad agencies across the government, Republicans parlayed their fear-mongering about deficits, debt, and “foolish, wasteful, out-of-control, and unnecessary spending” into a devastating sequester that put a major dent in the CDC’s budget that is bearing exactly the fruit experts warned Republicans about. NIH representative Anthony Fauci reiterated Bell’s conclusion and told the committees, “honestly it’s (the sequester) been a significant impact on us. It has both in an acute and a chronic, insidious way eroded our ability to respond in the way that I and my colleagues would like to see us be able to respond to these emerging threats. And in my ins ute particularly, that’s responsible for responding on the dime to an emerging infectious disease threat, this is particularly damaging.”

The Republicans’ precious sequester required the NIH to cut its budget by $1.55 billion in 2013 across the board that had the desired result of affecting every area of medical research within the agency. Bell agreed with Fauci that her department is leading the U.S. intervention in West Africa, but complained the agency is being hamstrung by a $13 million sequester cut that a minuscule increase in 2014 and 2015 is not going to make up in time to effectively stop the virus’s inevitable spread.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/10/...iticus+USA+%29

Thanks, Repugs!

btw, the Repugs didn't object (were on a LONG vacation! Repug DoNothingness trumps ALL government functioning) when Obama committed to blowing $100B more with 10K troops, 10 years in Repug- ed-up Afghanistan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    channel surfing, briefly, randomly stopped at Fox in my experiment to see how long it takes them to LIE, distort,etc. Yep, took about a minute!

Huckabee was trying to get his guest to say the Ebola crisis is Obama's fault.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-06-2014 at 07:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29514920
    Nurse 'infected with Ebola' in Spain
    Breaking news

A Spanish nurse who treated an Ebola victim in Madrid is suspected of being the first person to have contracted the virus outside Africa, Spanish media say.

The nurse tested positive for Ebola in initial tests and doctors are awaiting final results, according to reports.

She was a member of the team that treated Spanish priest Manuel Garcia Viejo, who died of Ebola on 25 September.

Some 3,400 people have died in the outbreak - mostly in West Africa.
    Last edited by velik_m; 10-06-2014 at 12:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Cuba! ... what can result when the docs aren't grovelling to make $Ms and the Repugs aren't destroying govt on false pretenses (deficit! debt! inflation! out-of-control spending! and ... Benghazi!)
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-06-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rush Limbaugh: Obama Wants Americans To Get Ebola As Payback For Slavery

Responding to a caller on his nationally syndicated radio show, Limbaugh launched into a soliloquy about so-called politically correct liberals who believe that America is responsible for the spread of Ebola in Liberia because that nation was established by freed American slaves. “And if it hadn’t been for that they probably wouldn’t have [Ebola]. So there are some people who think we kind of deserve a little bit of this,” he said, before accusing elected leaders of purposely leaving the country vulnerable to the virus.

“The danger we have now is that we elected people in positions of power and authority who think this or think like this in terms of this country being responsible, this country being to blame for things and it’s that kind of thinking that leads to opposition to shutting down airports from various countries,” Limbaugh explained, referring to the Obama administration’s handling of the crisis.

“It leads to opposition to keeping these people out of the country: ‘How dare we? We can’t turn our back on them! They exist because of us. We can’t turn them away!’”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014...eserves-ebola/

The Repugs FEAR this greasebag asshole, wouldn't DARE cross him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to the GOP, the US Is Without Its Top Doctor as Ebola Spreads

So who is the surgeon general?
    The surgeon general is the United States' top doc.

He or she gives unbiased information to the American people about health crises and health risks.

It's the surgeon general's responsibility to educate the people and help us understand what we do and don't need to worry about.

The surgeon general helps cut through all of the fear-mongering and misinformation.

But the folks over at Breitbart don't think that the surgeon general is doing his/her job.

In a recent piece, Breitbart points out
    that, "The official website of the Surgeon General of the United States has nothing to say about Ebola prevention and detection, other than an old press release about relief efforts in Liberia."

Well, there's a good reason for that.

The US doesn't have a surgeon general right now, and it's all because of Republicans' non-stop efforts to sabotage the Obama presidency.

Back in November of last year, President Obama nominated Dr. Vivek Murthy to take over the role of the nation's top doc.

Murthy is more than qualified for the position, but unfortunately, he did something that many in Washington won't:
    he stood up to the NRA.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/ite...-ebola-spreads

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    stop shilling no one ever reads your links

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Thanks to the GOP, the US Is Without Its Top Doctor as Ebola Spreads

So who is the surgeon general?
    The surgeon general is the United States' top doc.

He or she gives unbiased information to the American people about health crises and health risks.

It's the surgeon general's responsibility to educate the people and help us understand what we do and don't need to worry about.

The surgeon general helps cut through all of the fear-mongering and misinformation.

But the folks over at Breitbart don't think that the surgeon general is doing his/her job.

In a recent piece, Breitbart points out
    that, "The official website of the Surgeon General of the United States has nothing to say about Ebola prevention and detection, other than an old press release about relief efforts in Liberia."

Well, there's a good reason for that.

The US doesn't have a surgeon general right now, and it's all because of Republicans' non-stop efforts to sabotage the Obama presidency.

Back in November of last year, President Obama nominated Dr. Vivek Murthy to take over the role of the nation's top doc.

Murthy is more than qualified for the position, but unfortunately, he did something that many in Washington won't:
    he stood up to the NRA.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/ite...-ebola-spreads

the previous democrat surgeon general thinks he's unqualified. The dip also thinks gun violence stems from Saturday morning cartoons. He's nothing more than an Obama puppet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Infected with Ebola Misinformation Through Casual Contact With Cable News

An Ohio man has become infected with misinformation about the Ebola virus through casual contact with cable news, the Centers for Disease Control has confirmed.

Tracy Klugian, thirty-one, briefly came into contact with alarmist Ebola hearsay during a visit to the Akron-Canton airport, where a CNN report about Ebola was showing on one of the televisions in the airport bar. “Mr. Klugian is believed to have been exposed to cable news for no more than ten minutes, but long enough to become infected,” a spokesman for the C.D.C. said. “Within an hour, he was showing signs of believing that an Ebola outbreak in the United States was inevitable and unstoppable.”

Once Klugian’s condition was apparent, the Ohio man was rushed to a public library and given a seventh-grade biology textbook, at which point he “started to stabilize,” the spokesman said.

But others exposed to the widening epidemic of Ebola misinformation may not be so lucky. “A man in Oklahoma was exposed to Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Fox for over three minutes,” the C.D.C. spokesman said gravely. “We hope we’re not too late.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...NTQwNzQzOTQ0S0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inside the Bizarre Right-Wing Panic over Ebola Virus Coming to the US

to flip on Fox News or turn on any conservative media at all, you’d think that ebola was some kind of plague designed by the Democratic party in order to wipe out Republicans.

Blowing the threat of ebola out of proportion and trying to link it to Obama has been a constant theme on the right in recent days.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck of Fox News literally demanded that we put the country on lockdown, banning all travel in and out.

In a bit of race-baiting, Andrea Tantaros of Fox suggested that people who travel to the country and show symptoms of ebola will “seek treatment from a witch doctor” instead of go to the hospital.

Fox host Steve Doocy suggested the CDC is lying about ebola because they’re “part of the administration”.

Fox also promoted a conspiracy theorist who is trying to claim the CDC is lying when they caution people not to panic.

Other right wing media joined in. Tammy Bruce blamed ebola on the “Obama legacy”. Laura Ingraham said Obama was prevented from doing more to stop the disease because of his “core ties to the African continent”. Rush Limbaugh even went as far as to accuse Obama of letting the disease spread because he supposes liberals believe “we kind of deserve a little bit of this”.

Even politicians are getting in on the act.

Former South Carolina Republican Party executive director Todd Kincannon tweeted, “The protocol for a positive Ebola test should be immediate humane execution and sanitization of the whole area.” Republican presidential hopefuls stopped short of wishing death on people who have the disease, but are nonetheless crawling all over each other to make a bigger deal out of ebola than it really is.

Rand Paul, Ted Cruz,
    Paul Ryan and Bobby Jindal have all suggested that we ban travel in and out of the country, at least some travel, in order to keep a lid on ebola.

http://www.alternet.org/inside-bizar...ter1022286&t=3

so the Fox/Repug COORDINATED hot talking point is Obama caused Ebola.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-08-2014 at 09:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude past away apparently

lol hospital playing the blame game, how they followed everything....apparently they didnt follow that atlanta hospital, but follow the procedures in africa...FAIL

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, when he's open, he's got to shoot it.

Thread Information