San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inside the Bizarre Right-Wing Panic over Ebola Virus Coming to the US

to flip on Fox News or turn on any conservative media at all, you’d think that ebola was some kind of plague designed by the Democratic party in order to wipe out Republicans.
    You are right, it is stupid, just about as stupid as you blaming ebola on Republicans.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck of Fox News literally demanded that we put the country on lockdown, banning all travel in and out.
    Citiation needed
    In a bit of race-baiting, Andrea Tantaros of Fox suggested that people who travel to the country and show symptoms of ebola will “seek treatment from a witch doctor” instead of go to the hospital.
    Actually, this has been a problem. Several doctors have admited it. I read a story about police arresting a goat because they believed a thief had shape shifted into it. Its not racist. Its simply the truth about that part of Africa

Rand Paul, Ted Cruz,
    Paul Ryan and Bobby Jindal have all suggested that we ban travel in and out of the country, at least some travel, in order to keep a lid on ebola.
    Yeah lets ban travel to a country being over run with a deadly virus. What an over reaction. Seems reasonable to me.

ter McGee

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "blaming ebola on Republicans."

link?

NIH/CDC/USAID say the REPUG/sequester cuts have seriously hurt their responses to this crisis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "blaming ebola on Republicans."

link?

NIH/CDC/USAID say the REPUG/sequester cuts have seriously hurt their responses to this crisis.

Link? Scroll up.

Lol at the idea that the sequester is contributing to the Ebola crisis in west Africa in any meaningful way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC Head: Budget Cuts 'Eroded Our Ability To Respond' To Ebola Threat

On September 16, the Senate Committees on Appropriations and Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions held a hearing to discuss the resources needed to address the outbreak. Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) asked NIH representative Anthony Fauci about sequestration's effect on the efforts.

"I have to tell you honestly it's been a significant impact on us," said Fauci. "It has both in an acute and a chronic, insidious way eroded our ability to respond in the way that I and my colleagues would like to see us be able to respond to these emerging threats. And in my ins ute particularly, that's responsible for responding on the dime to an emerging infectious disease threat, this is particularly damaging." Sequestration required the NIH to cut its budget by 5 percent, a total of $1.55 billion in 2013. Cuts were applied across all of its programs, affecting every area of medical research.

Dr. Beth Bell, director of the CDC's National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, testified before the committee, making a case for increased funding. Her department, which has led the US intervention in West Africa, was hit with a $13 million budget cut as a result of the cuts in 2013.

Though appropriations increased in 2014 and are projected to rise further in 2015, the agency hasn't yet made up for the deficit—according to Bell, $100 million has already gone toward stopping the Ebola epidemic, and much more is needed. The United Nations estimates it will take over $600 million just to get the crisis under control.

Bell also argued that the epidemic could have been stopped if more had been done sooner to build global health security. International aid budgets were hit hard by the sequester, reducing global health programs by $411 million and USAID by $289 million.

"If even modest investments had been made to build a public health infrastructure in West Africa previously, the current Ebola epidemic could have been detected earlier, and it could have been identified and contained," she said during her testimony. "This Ebola epidemic shows that any vulnerability could have widespread impact if not stopped at the source."

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/10/cd...ed-our-ability

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ...Her budget was cut and she's pissed.
    No proof. Ok, bot....back to your RSS feed for your next set of instructions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...c-duncan.html/

2nd possible case is county sheriff's deputy that went into the dead n¡gger famblys apartment

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    budget cuts have consequences, right-wingding

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...cement-budget/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious about this. Assuming you're referring to the damages cap, injured plaintiffs still can recover all their medical expenses. Thier pain and suffering is capped at 250k per doctor (and another 500k for up to two medical providers in addition to the doctor, or 750k total). They have their injuries paid for - and get an extra 750k for gruesome malpractice. Why aren't they getting what they deserve?

Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of tort reform either, but that's because it limits the sorts of cases I can take and make big money on. That was a boon for plaintiff's lawyers back in the day, which makes for odd bedfellows for a bleeding heart such as yourself.
    It isn't the individual doctors that are paying the tort.

All tort reform did was to keep bad doctors in circulation. $250K is hardly what I would call disincentive, given the moral hazard of medmal insurance.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Show where it caused this death, parrot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show where it caused this death, parrot.
    gfy, straw man. nobody said that.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-08-2014 at 08:22 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You continually hide behind the cowards' skirt of innuendo....nothing new.
    coward

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You continually hide behind the cowards' skirt of innuendo....nothing new.
    coward
    you hide, period, coward, unless to stalk and try pitifully to trash The Great Boutons.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    delusional
    Now go cut and paste another ty site. Your masters await.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see a poll of Americans asked which vaccine do they consider more important to get?

a. Flu
    b. Ebola

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crofl flu shots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    might be a much bigger deal than Ebola: http://www.cdc.gov/non-polio-enterov...outbreaks.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inhofe Blocks Funds for Ebola Intervention

House legislators have approved the transfer of $750 million toward the fight to contain Ebola, which continues to rapidly spread across West Africa. The figure is still below the $1 billion request from the Department of Defense—and the budget battle is not over. It is currently holed up in the Senate dependent on Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), a ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, to give his approval.

After Sen. Inhofe and Republicans on the House Armed Services Committee initially raised concerns, a limit of $50 million was put on the transfer until the DoD provided details on how the money would be spent to address the crisis.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014...-to-stop-ebola

Exactly how the Repugs, always fiscal conservatives, blocked palletized cash $Bs dumped on Iraq!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "research into past outbreaks shows that the semen of survivors may carry the virus for weeks, or even months, after they recover."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/10/how-long-ebola-sperm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, REALLY scary stuff, death, paralysis, ugh.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50,000 Americans will die of flu this year and we wring our hands over the more preventable and less likely every year.

Amazing stupidity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much of that 750m will actually go towards the cause, or is it going into the pockets of bigpharma and corrupted west african political govts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50,000 Americans will die of flu this year and we wring our hands over the more preventable and less likely every year.

Amazing stupidity.
    The media feeds the fear-fapping. Fear and insecurity are real. Just look at the war on terror, which boiled down, is a essentially a war for the enhancement of state power, the erosion of liberty, and aggrandizement of the so-called "defense" sector.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    something similar holds for the war on drugs

Thread Information