Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    "[FIFA] President Sepp Blatter knows that the majority is behind him when it comes to a redistribution of the 32 World Cup starting berths in favour of Africa," Zwanziger told Sport Bild. "I'd like to think that Europe will have one less in the end."

The 2018 World Cup is set to take place in Russia, and under the current distribution formula the other 53 UEFA member states would compete for 13 places at the World Cup.

However, according to Zwanziger, Blatter feels that the African nations are "painfully under-represented" compared to the European nations.
    It is not the first time that Blatter, or a FIFA executive committee member, has voiced plans that the European contingent at the World Cup should be reduced.

The last three World Cups have been won by European nations, with Argentina reaching the final in 2014 as the first non-European nation since Brazil in 2002.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    LOL @ affirmative action in Futbol. What a disagrace. UEFA should pull out

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Why not try equal distribution?

Just for fun

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The last three World Cups have been won by European nations, with Argentina reaching the final in 2014 as the first non-European nation since Brazil in 2002.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    Well those teams wouldn't be losing their spot, the teams getting pushed out would be Polands of this World that get knocked out in the group stage and bring nothing to the compe ion. Africans at least bring cool goal celebrations and colourful fans.
    Last edited by DAF86; 10-08-2014 at 10:55 AM.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Well those teams wouldn't be losing their spot, the teams getting pushed out would be Polands of this World that get knocked out in the group stage and bring nothing to the compe ion. African at least bring cool goal celebrations and colourful fans.
    France missed 1990 & 1994
    Netherlands missed 2002
    Belgium missed 2010 & 2006

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    France missed 1990 & 1994
    Netherlands missed 2002
    Belgium missed 2010 & 2006
    None of those teams would have done on the WC.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    None of those teams would have done on the WC.
    Huh? Except for Brazil & Argentina, those 3 nations are better than any Asian, African, Latin American, whatever other -skin Continent nations.

Like I said, it's time for UEFA to pull out and see the end of the World Cup. EURO CUP & UEFA Champions League are better anyway

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Huh? Except for Brazil & Argentina, those 3 nations are better than any Asian, African, Latin American, whatever other -skin Continent nations.

Like I said, it's time for UEFA to pull out and see the end of the World Cup. EURO CUP & UEFA Champions League are better anyway
    If they didn't make the WC over teams like Poland or Slovenia they weren't better than anyone at that time, tbh.

Yeah, Euro cup is better. The entire World dreams of seeing Greece and Portugal battling it out 1-0 style.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Why not cancel the WC and just have the Confederations Cup?

After all you have the defending champ of each continent

Pls don't hate me

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    If they didn't make the WC over teams like Poland or Slovenia they weren't better than anyone at that time, tbh.

Yeah, Euro cup is better. The entire World dreams of seeing Greece and Portugal battling it out 1-0 style.
    Poland is a 2x 3rd Place Finisher

Anyway Slovenia & Poland are in the 30's of UEFA rankings. Those aren't the teams challenging for World Cup spots

Considering 20 of the Worlds Top 34 teams in the World are from Europe. WC is dead without Europe

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Poland is a 2x 3rd Place Finisher

Anyway Slovenia & Poland are in the 30's of UEFA rankings. Those aren't the teams challenging for World Cup spots

Considering 20 of the Worlds Top 34 teams in the World are from Europe. WC is dead without Europe
    lol black penis

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    They should give an automatic spot to Poland.

They need it more than Africa

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    They should give an automatic spot to Poland.

They need it more than Africa
    Lewandowski is better than anyone from Africa. Poland would be annually winning whatever the name of that ty African Confederation Cup is.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lewandowski is better than anyone from Africa. Poland would be annually winning whatever the name of that ty African Confederation Cup is.
    Sure

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    What Poland ever done in an international tournament? Surrender to Germany tbh?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    At home!

Veteran
    Post Count
    not the ideal solution, and with the crappy seeding system the group stages will always be ed up regardless... and practically speaking this has little bearing on the actual tournament because either are going to be crap teams, but its not a crazy stretch that africa's 6th best > europe's 13th best team, as least not looking forward. History is great and all, but there is really no objective reason for the WORLD CUP to have way more european teams in relation to number of countries, population, land, etc, europe is way over represented, south america is also but at least there's a hint of concession with the playoff spot.
    If you want the teams who are playing best to get in, do more of those playoffs for those fringe spots, that is the ideal solution, the more the better. Other wise, it makes perfect sense for the federation that has enjoyed 54.4% of the wc spots in history to give to the one that has .075%. Europe has for the better part of fifa history had 9-14 WC spots with most of the time being 13 like now, even when there were less total teams. Having to give up one spot isnt going to change much of anything for them, and makes a huge difference for Africa. It would also help if european countries stopped stealing african players (and south americans too).

and at dumbass flaunting a bunch of virgins. Ever heard of uruguay? one third of south american teams have been world champs with less berths, while just a tenth of european teams have won despite having had more than half of the playing field. it took europeans 80 years to win outside of europe. only in the last 8 years did europe take the lead in world cups, and only in the last year they took the lead in intercontinental/WC club championships. and of the past 4 european wins, all but one had nationalized players from south america and africa, in addition to the club teams being predominantly south american and african players.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    3rd, 5th & 3rd in consecutive World Cups. Which included victories over Argentina, Italy, Yugoslavia, Brazil, Belgium & France

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Yaya & Piszczek would be a good comparison

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    not the ideal solution, and with the crappy seeding system the group stages will always be ed up regardless... and practically speaking this has little bearing on the actual tournament because either are going to be crap teams, but its not a crazy stretch that africa's 6th best > europe's 13th best team, as least not looking forward. History is great and all, but there is really no objective reason for the WORLD CUP to have way more european teams in relation to number of countries, population, land, etc, europe is way over represented, south america is also but at least there's a hint of concession with the playoff spot.
    If you want the teams who are playing best to get in, do more of those playoffs for those fringe spots, that is the ideal solution, the more the better. Other wise, it makes perfect sense for the federation that has enjoyed 54.4% of the wc spots in history to give to the one that has .075%. Europe has for the better part of fifa history had 9-14 WC spots with most of the time being 13 like now, even when there were less total teams. Having to give up one spot isnt going to change much of anything for them, and makes a huge difference for Africa. It would also help if european countries stopped stealing african players (and south americans too).

and at dumbass flaunting a bunch of virgins. Ever heard of uruguay? one third of south american teams have been world champs with less berths, while just a tenth of european teams have won despite having had more than half of the playing field. it took europeans 80 years to win outside of europe. only in the last 8 years did europe take the lead in world cups, and only in the last year they took the lead in intercontinental/WC club championships. and of the past 4 european wins, all but one had nationalized players from south america and africa, in addition to the club teams being predominantly south american and african players.
    Africa's 6th Best = Europe's 23rd Best. And that's being rather nice to Africa considering their better teams can play - defeat - upgrade their rankings off the African cupcakes

Putting more African teams/players on WC showcase will just lead to more of them being purchased by European teams. No one is staying in Africa or South America so they can be murdered on the field

South America greatly benefits in football from no border changes. Could Brazil or Argentina regroup from missing the WC like nations France, Netherlands and Spain have? The Western Hemisphere is a pushover, just like how Mexico has made endless amount of World Cups. The West lacks change, which is why it's economically & socially stuck in the 1900's. Where was Bosnia 20 years ago? Or Slovenia, Croatia, Estonia, Montenegro. etc. Disagree with rewarding regions more spots simply because they have out of wedlock Ebola victims. Long story short Europe is ever changing and has already eclipsed South America. So at this point the only thing keeping Europe from further dominating International Compe ions is affirmative action.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Yes, football affirmative action is keeping the Pollacks down!

Veteran
    Post Count
    Africa's 6th Best = Europe's 23rd Best. And that's being rather nice to Africa considering their better teams can play - defeat - upgrade their rankings off the African cupcakes

Putting more African teams/players on WC showcase will just lead to more of them being purchased by European teams. No one is staying in Africa or South America so they can be murdered on the field

South America greatly benefits in football from no border changes. Could Brazil or Argentina regroup from missing the WC like nations France, Netherlands and Spain have? The Western Hemisphere is a pushover, just like how Mexico has made endless amount of World Cups. The West lacks change, which is why it's economically & socially stuck in the 1900's. Where was Bosnia 20 years ago? Or Slovenia, Croatia, Estonia, Montenegro. etc. Disagree with rewarding regions more spots simply because they have out of wedlock Ebola victims. Long story short Europe is ever changing and has already eclipsed South America. So at this point the only thing keeping Europe from further dominating International Compe ions is affirmative action.
    you're a complete idiot and I guess so am i for bothering to answer you, but the fact is that europe has way more cupcakes than africa, and its worse because they are given the UEFA multiplier so they are worth more ranking points to beat even though they are worse.

The problem isnt european clubs hiring african players, the problem is european national teams nationalizing them. For every player you can name "murdered on the field" in africa or south america, I can name you three who died on the field in europe.

the rest of your post is incoherent, but if you are so sure of european teams superiority you should have no problem with playoff spots and forcing european teams to stop nationalizing "inferior" african and south american players.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    You're aware he was banned in the past for posting black penises. The envy is strong in this one.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    You're aware he was banned in the past for posting black penises. The envy is strong in this one.

Thread Information