Last edited by ace3g; 11-25-2014 at 09:30 PM.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Two bombastic fights and then some nice matchups

I can't wait for AP's performance

I'm excited to see Duffee back in the octagon.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Bump...tomorrow. Will stream.

Post Count
    Why this board is not interested in mma?

This is great card and nobody have time to comment on it? wow

Post Count
    main CARD
    Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler
    I'm all heart on Robbie in this fight esp when I do not like hendricks at all.
    Hopefuly this fight will be longer then 1st r finish to see the battle

Anthony Pettis vs. Gilbert Melendez

Anthony Pettis is my man so I will not pick against him but gil is a tough SOB who will come forward. But with the footwork of Anthony IMO he can find his openings. Also on the ground Pettis is one of the most active guys

Travis Browne vs. Brendan Schaub
    Todd Duffee vs. Anthony Hamilton
    Tony Ferguson vs. Abel Trujillo

preliminary CARD
    FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Urijah Faber vs. Francisco Rivera
    preliminary CARD
    UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET
    Matt Hobar vs. Sergio Pettis

Post Count

It's not just this board, it's the general populace. It seems like MMA is on a little downswing right now with so many of the established stars either retiring, losing, or not fighting in months.

I still watch most events but I find myself not recognizing a lot of the fighters... lol

It's hard to get excited about upcoming fights or cards when they're full of fighters the average fan hasn't heard of.

On a side note, damn Faber got demoted to the ing prelims? Ouch.

main CARD
    Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler
    for welterweight le

Anthony Pettis vs. Gilbert Melendez
    for lightweight le

Travis Browne vs. Brendan Schaub
    Todd Duffee vs. Anthony Hamilton

Tony Ferguson vs. Abel Trujillo

preliminary CARD
    FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET

Urijah Faber vs. Francisco Rivera

I'm on a business trip this weekend and won't be able to watch the fight live, which sucks because I haven't been this excited for a card in a long long time...

Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler for welterweight le - going to be an awesome fight either way.

Anthony Pettis vs. Gilbert Melendez for lightweight le - Pettis is just so much fun to watch

Travis Browne vs. Brendan Schaub - I'm waiting on a Browne-Fabricio re-match. Travis needs his revenge.

Todd Duffee vs. Anthony Hamilton - HOLY DUFFEE IS BAAAAAAACK!!!!

Tony Ferguson vs. Abel Trujillo - Ferguson is fun to watch and all but Trujillo is Valle "Killa" for a reason - the dude is vicious.

Urijah Faber vs. Francisco Rivera - Lets do some Alpha Male

On a side note, damn Faber got demoted to the ing prelims? Ouch.
    His last fight was on the prelims as well, and Faber has said he doesn't care. It makes good business sense though, especially with a main card this stacked, you put someone of Faber's fame on the undercard to get people to tune in before the PPV starts. Otherwise a lot of people would just skip the FS1 portion of the show...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Nice finish by Pettis. Gilbert was a little too aggressive with the pressure. A couple times he was just standing in front of him and trading. We saw how that worked out.

Post Count

I am still watching but the UFC throwing out so many cards got too hard for me to keep up with. I watch the good events and fights but it's hard to comment on everything that is going on when the UFC is at times doing 3 events a month..

Post Count
    Hendricks was in control of the fight but let Robbie take it away from him in the last 2 rounds. He was dominated in the 5th and let that belt get away from him..

Post Count
    I am still watching but the UFC throwing out so many cards got too hard for me to keep up with. I watch the good events and fights but it's hard to comment on everything that is going on when the UFC is at times doing 3 events a month..
    What an excuse

Come on - more cards so you are not commenting on none when where there were less you was finding some time 4//// damn probably grammar sucks//

Post Count
    What an excuse

Come on - more cards so you are not commenting on none when where there were less you was finding some time 4//// damn probably grammar sucks//
    Well... I am also much busier now that I was 2 or 3 years ago.. Sorry to disappoint you..

Post Count
    I'm very excited for Jones/Cormier..

Post Count
    Well... I am also much busier now that I was 2 or 3 years ago.. Sorry to disappoint you..
    it is what it is. What can you do?
    I got some time to download the event and watch, so it's not that bad. It's bad from personal perspective as I have no friends and nobody to talk with but it;s all good. I'm exchanging my thoughts with myself

Cormier vs Phony? great fight I'm looking forward as well. both undefeted and hating eachother

Post Count
    Well I thought johhny won the fight when I was watching it first. But for the second time I did it and ignoring what rogan says you can make the case of Robbie winning the 2nd as well. Hendricks lay and pray was not impressive and Robbie could get out of those takedowns and make some damage. All in all it was close fight so I'm really satified with the decision

What Showtime did was pure work of art. I just love guys like him, like Cruz or TJ. Phenomenal performance and finish over clear no2 guy in the world. Now it's time for Nurmagamedov who /omg/ cannot make the case for himself . That interview with Ariel or that Q on presser was weak.

Good card for me 6-0 ! baby

Well, I was finally able to watch the card last night.

Lawler didn't win the fight - Hendricks lost it. He had so many chances to put Lawler away and instead just held onto Lawler's leg. It wasn't even effective "law and pray" as several times he ended up in a bad position and Robbie was able to drop elbows on Johny. Overall I was pretty dissapointed in both of their performances, especially because it followed that masterful Pettis performance.

Browne showed that there is a very clear line between the top 3 or 4 in the HW division and everybody else. Schaub was completely outclassed.

Duffee did what Duffee do and it will be interesting to see how he handles stiffer compe ion next time out.

Trujillo looked like a world beater in the 1st round, but gassed (as he is wont to do), and Ferguson dominated the rest of the fight. Trujillo needs to figure out how to win if he can't overwhelm his opponent early on.
    Last edited by txstr1986; 12-08-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Thread Information