Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone pick this up yet? Got it yesterday for like 50 bucks along with Injustice for the out of it and the graphics are sick, there is ample blood and beheadings, and the fighting system doesn't seem overly repe ive like others. I've only been playing for an hour though but it's cool to see a LOTR game that's all dark and sinister. My friend described it as the LOTR version of Force Unleashed. Not sure if that's an accurate comparison since I've never played it but this is pretty entertaining thus far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect a lawsuit on this mother er imho.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fun ass game. Some sucker on CL traded me straight up for Destiny. Best deal ever.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    assassins creed: mordor unleashed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    assassins creed: mordor unleashed
    this. I'm downloading now, but it's god dam 30 something GB's

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Once you think you have a hang of the game and it's going to be easy, the game throws a twist at you with these Elite Captains. You can't just continue to attack and parry everyone.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah i heard it's what AC was supposed to be

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game came out at a bad time overshadowed by destiny and that stacked november.I'm definitely going to get it but probably not for like six months when it will be cheap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard really great things about the game, but then I hear it get's repetetive in the enemies you face being palette swaps, and the game is really short. I don't care for Lord of the Rings, never seen one of them, never will, but I enjoy gory, violent games..

Is it worth a 37 GB download?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is pretty badass.

I think of it as a cross over between the Batman games and Infamous.

It has that same free flow fighting mechanic that the Batman games have which make the game that much awesome fighting the enemies. Only here, you get to lop the enemies heads off and gut them without remorse.

You can upgrade yourself as a ranger (Good powers) or wraith (evil powers) so in that facet of the game, I think it compares to the infamous games.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, this wants 6 GB of VRAM to run on Ultra. So basically you need a an or can only run it on high even on a GTX 980.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, this wants 6 GB of VRAM to run on Ultra. So basically you need a an or can only run it on high even on a GTX 980.

Yeah, they are bloated textures. Skyrim with a million texture mods only commands 3 GB, those devs are lazy as . There are comparison videos on YouTube, and you can hardly notice any difference between high and ultra textures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is pretty badass.

I think of it as a cross over between the Batman games and Infamous.

It has that same free flow fighting mechanic that the Batman games have which make the game that much awesome fighting the enemies. Only here, you get to lop the enemies heads off and gut them without remorse.

You can upgrade yourself as a ranger (Good powers) or wraith (evil powers) so in that facet of the game, I think it compares to the infamous games.
    Is the violence extreme in your opinion? That's what I feel like playing if so. I wanna litter an area with decapped bodies and pools of blood.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the violence extreme in your opinion? That's what I feel like playing if so. I wanna litter an area with decapped bodies and pools of blood.
    I mean, chopping the heads of orks and uruks and gutting them in different ways not violent enough for you then you got problems. lol

There are some cool finishing moves. You can really do some crazy with the bright lord. He has one crazy ass move where he goes super saiyan and does like a hundred stab in like 5 seconds.

I've only played it for a few hours so I'm still finding out all the moves and what you can do, but so far I'm finding new ways to dispose of the enemies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, chopping the heads of orks and uruks and gutting them in different ways not violent enough for you then you got problems. lol

There are some cool finishing moves. You can really do some crazy with the bright lord. He has one crazy ass move where he goes super saiyan and does like a hundred stab in like 5 seconds.

I've only played it for a few hours so I'm still finding out all the moves and what you can do, but so far I'm finding new ways to dispose of the enemies.
    when it come to my games I really do have problems I guess the better way to put it would be "over the the top" blood and gore..

Anyways, I'm gonna check it out. Looks like it would be fun for a while.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So not as violent as Skyrim?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So not as violent as Skyrim?

That's more sadistic than violent tbh. Still,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when it come to my games I really do have problems I guess the better way to put it would be "over the the top" blood and gore..

Anyways, I'm gonna check it out. Looks like it would be fun for a while.
    So did you get started on this or what? What do you think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did you get started on this or what? What do you think?
    Downloaded, but haven't installed. Been playing NBA 2K15 any chance I've had to play a game.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty fun tbh. just mindless hunting of captains so far, but the combat is pretty fun. especially the mounted stuff.

great for 30 min- 1 hour sessions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Mordor-Review

Yahtzee's review is HILARIOUS. And he actually liked the game, so that's a pretty significant plus in SoM's favor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a fun ass game and is definitely enjoyable if you're not expecting a GOTY type. But that campaign was kind of short and the ending was ghey imo, I wanted to actually whip the black hand's ass. It's fun getting into crazy battles with like 100 dudes at once though. Lots of cool finishers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a fun ass game and is definitely enjoyable if you're not expecting a GOTY type. But that campaign was kind of short and the ending was ghey imo, I wanted to actually whip the black hand's ass. It's fun getting into crazy battles with like 100 dudes at once though. Lots of cool finishers
    Lots of expo packs on the way. Unfortunately that seems to be the future of gaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate that . I miss the days when beating the game on harder modes or doing side missions/quests unlocked content. Hate this new age of DLC bs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate that . I miss the days when beating the game on harder modes or doing side missions/quests unlocked content. Hate this new age of DLC bs
    This whole can be blamed on Bethesda and the losers that wasted their money on horse armor.. The DLC sold way more than expected, and just like that the DLC era was born.

Thread Information