Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched him today in the Arena. His feet are really too slow. He couldn't defend anyone on one-on-one in the first half.

Second half he seemed better, because Duncan always came to help to him.

Sorry guys, but this guy didn't give me any hope. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems that he's a goner next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched him today in the Arena. His feet are really too slow. He couldn't defend anyone on one-on-one in the first half.

Second half he seemed better, because Duncan always came to help to him.

Sorry guys, but this guy didn't give me any hope. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems that he's a goner next year.
    That's important. It's Duncan's job to help Anderson, just like it's Splitter's job to protect Tim. Anderson looks like he'll need a fair bit of help from the bigs, but the Spurs are great at giving it. More importantly, once Kyle gets the help he needs, he'll be able to use his length and intelligence to make a lot of steals and blocks.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Anderson with an elite DRtg in a few years, and even a very strong dRAPM if he can figure out how to stop overhelping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can Anderson be the new manu thread ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Nothing special" lol I forgot he was a lottery pick. The guy has a way better feel for the game than most of the top picks this year. Sure he can be better defensively but get there. On offense, he has multiple ways of scoring and has infinite room to grow. His court awareness and vision for a rookie is superb. The guy has the potential to be a very skilled nba player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson will never score 20 pts in a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle did have a couple of bad turnovers late in the game. Like those ill-advised high-lows to Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to know we have him pegged 2 games into preseason tbh.
    Had him pegged in the Summer League. But yeah, he's nothing special right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle did have a couple of bad turnovers late in the game. Like those ill-advised high-lows to Duncan.
    That pass from TD to kyle then right back to Duncan was ing brilliant. Sure Duncan didn't know it was coming hence the turnover, but more playing time should get the guys familiar with Anderson who is always looking to make a pass. Clever. Just clever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That pass from TD to kyle then right back to Duncan was ing brilliant. Sure Duncan didn't know it was coming hence the turnover, but more playing time should get the guys familiar with Anderson who is always looking to make a pass. Clever. Just clever.
    There were a couple of times Anderson fired the ball into traffic trying to get it through a tight window. Some of them were good ideas, like the attempted high-low to Duncan. But he passed it back too soon, at least too soon for it to have been a bullet like it was. I do think the Spurs are going to be impressed by Anderson's IQ -- he'll make plays his teammates don't expect from a guy his age. But I also think that Anderson will need to adjust to the NBA game. Some windows that were open in college simply aren't in the pros.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a game where Spurs rotation guys were the worst players on the court, I'm not worried about KA in his first game-speed action with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were a couple of times Anderson fired the ball into traffic trying to get it through a tight window. Some of them were good ideas, like the attempted high-low to Duncan. But he passed it back too soon, at least too soon for it to have been a bullet like it was. I do think the Spurs are going to be impressed by Anderson's IQ -- he'll make plays his teammates don't expect from a guy his age. But I also think that Anderson will need to adjust to the NBA game. Some windows that were open in college simply aren't in the pros.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take that bet.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looked very mature for a rookie, and especially for a rookie playing in only his second NBA game. Excellent court vision and length. Hopefully he can develop a good shot.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daye tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao apalosic being taken seriously in a basketball talent critique thread? dude doesn't know . nothing to see here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KA even looked better in his 2nd pre-season NBA game than Austin Daye.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KA even looked better in his 2nd pre-season NBA game than Austin Daye.
    From the next Magic Johnson to better than Austin Daye. Whats next?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brazil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao apalosic being taken seriously in a basketball talent critique thread? dude doesn't know . nothing to see here
    Winner winner, chicken dinner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the next Magic Johnson to better than Austin Daye. Whats next?
    Oh you might have mistaken me for another person, smartass.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quote for truth.

Kawhi haven't even cracked 30 yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man KA will be just fine. Don't expect much from him his first year. He'll be a player eventually though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but it seems that he's a goner next year.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he'll need playing time for him and his team mates to become familiar with him.

Looks like the Spurs are the only kind of team where a guy like KA can thrive.

Thread Information