Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Belinelli is the worst player in the rotation ? ? Worse than Ayres ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably didn't realize that because it was Duncan that led the Spurs in regular season minutes
    Sorry, I meant outside of the Big 4. Read that fact sometime ago from an article in Pounding the Rock and didn't bother to ascertain its veracity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll be frank, anyone thinking he is any better than bottom 10 in the league doesn't deserve to live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. I mean his career in general and his Finals series in particular.
    You mean the Finals where he shot 47% and 44% from beyond the arc? That Finals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hoping he transformed his body from last year and pulled a Mills. His lack of athleticism will be his undoing.

Honestly, the regular season, the playoffs does not = the RS. Shortened rotations, defensive game planning, teams are rested, teams actually try, shots and easy passes you were doing for 82 games are suddenly not available in the playoffs, every mistake is amplified.

I know he did do cross fit this year (weight lifting probably screwed up his shot that's why he's so off), so it may benefit him defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll be frank, anyone thinking he is any better than bottom 10 in the league doesn't deserve to live.
    I'd rather die than be stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather die than be stupid.
    Raven is pretty much a wit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the Finals where he shot 47% and 44% from beyond the arc? That Finals?
    Yes, the Finals series where he was awful defensively and where his scoring didn't make up for it. Those Finals.

And no, I don't hate Beli. But him making one shot doesn't mean that his shortcomings aren't real an concerning. Beli is competing with Joseph and Baynes for worst player in the rotation. That's not so much an insult as it is the reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny to note he is manu favorite target on assist tbh

dat manu transforms a scrub on a serviceable guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up you ing piece of grey. Go play with your to some old DRob highlights.
    well said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the Finals series where he was awful defensively and where his scoring didn't make up for it. Those Finals.

And no, I don't hate Beli. But him making one shot doesn't mean that his shortcomings aren't real an concerning. Beli is competing with Joseph and Baynes for worst player in the rotation. That's not so much an insult as it is the reality.
    He's never going to be great defensively. What he is is a deadeye shooter off your bench who can create a little, being paid half the average NBA salary. He allows Manu to not have to carry ALL of the scoring and creating load for the bench.

Perhaps you're setting the bar too high...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point by exstatic tbh. I think we shouldn't really expect Beli to be a defensive player. You can't have it all. That's why you have Timmy and Tiago in the middle, DG and Kawhi( wings that can lockdown anyone in the NBA) and team D overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's never going to be great defensively. What he is is a deadeye shooter off your bench who can create a little, being paid half the average NBA salary. He allows Manu to not have to carry ALL of the scoring and creating load for the bench.

Again, don't hate Beli. I had my issues with his signing, but he's been good value. I don't think he's a very good NBA player, though. Considering the Spurs had the full MLE, they could have done better. They tried to (Korver, Kirilenk) but what can you do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's a good shooter when open, but whenever guarded he's a phantom. He does not create or do anything else and is grossly overpaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defensive weakness is exposed against some teams, while other match ups are more favorable, like the Portland series last year. He shot 42% on 3pt in the playoffs last year and hit some big shots. Overall he is worth having, as long as Spurs recognize the bad match ups and play him less. Obviously if he was a better defensive player he would be a way more valuable, but it is what is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point I'm making is a guy who shoots 42% 3 pt in the playoffs isn't really a choker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point I'm making is a guy who shoots 42% 3 pt in the playoffs isn't really a choker.
    the point is easily denied by the fact he was passing every shot..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look back at the history of Spurs playoff series to see some of the choke jobs that were perpetrated on us. I acknowledge his defensive shortcomings. Just saying he did hit his 3's and he played well in at least the Portland series.

I guess going back to the OP he is one of the weakest current Spurs. But that just shows how strong their roster is. He is a starter on many NBA teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really subtle. Most on this board are fairly obvious.
    It kinda amazes me how so many people here still constantly fall for them no matter what though.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is exactly what i mean. How many teams has he been on again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted a true SF backup that summer but I understand why the Spurs signed Marco.

Manu had a noticeable decline in 2013 playoffs and they thought Beli could be the guy to help him as playmaker and scorer playing with the second unit, maybe they also thought he could be his replacement next years.
    But even when Marco is having a great scoring night he hurts the team more than he helps, just look the last game against the Knicks.
    Fortunately, Manu was amazing and the Spurs didn't need Beli in the playoffs.

IMO he eating Danny/Kawhi minutes in regular season isn't a good thing.
    The team need to develop Leonard, and I rather Green's defense over Belinelli's offense because Tony -or Patty-, Manu and Beli is an unbalanced perimeter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh, the internet...

I really hope no one on the Spurs run a Google search on themselves (what famous person does that?) and come across our little board. They might think all Spurs fans are ungrateful morons.

Marco ended the Heats 10-0 run in game 3 and started the 14-0 run the Spurs had in game 5. Despite limited minutes he never complained, waited for his number to be called and was an overall great teammate.

Threads like this one and the Manu/Tony posts make me embarrassed to be a Spurs fan. Get out, we just won a championship and brought the whole team back.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well said in my eyes 911

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit sucking his meat. Dude made one ing clutch shot. That does not make him a good player. Hopefully he does better this year. After winning the 3pt contest it seems like he let his foot off the gas

Thread Information