Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignores an entire year of stats, broken down a half dozen different ways.
    Feels vindicated by a preseason game in which the starting lineup and the coach didn't even make the trip.
    Dont get too attached, there was no player that made the Spurs better by checking out of the game last year. If they got rid of Neal then they'll get rid of Beli. Raven was right from day one tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think people are starting to harp too much on how good of a value Beli's deal is.
    The problem is people putting too much emphasis on box score stats. Beli seems like a decent player when you guage his performance using that criteria. Unfortunately, he's an atrocious player when you look at his impact metrics. Definitely not worth the contract in that case.

Hopefully Pop and the FO decide not to bring him back next year. His defense is among the worst in the league. He's belongs on a lottery team or in Europe somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is people putting too much emphasis on box score stats. Beli seems like a decent player when you guage his performance using that criteria. Unfortunately, he's an atrocious player when you look at his impact metrics. Definitely not worth the contract in that case.

Hopefully Pop and the FO decide not to bring him back next year. His defense is among the worst in the league. He's belongs on a lottery team or in Europe somewhere.
    Which ones?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont get too attached, there was no player that made the Spurs better by checking out of the game last year. If they got rid of Neal then they'll get rid of Beli. Raven was right from day one tbh.
    I guess we'll find out his value when they do. If he's a bottom-ten player, then the Spurs will have to release him.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I'm sorry, did you stop trolling the preseason box scores when Marco led the team in scoring?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I'm sorry, did you stop trolling the preseason box scores when Marco led the team in scoring?
    kobe led the lakers in scoring tonight, does that make him good? i've hated on him almost every time he led in scoring or close to, since it was commonly associated with a loss (remeber the time when DG and Kawhi were absent?). He wouldn't be cancerous if he wasn't able to pile up meaningless stats here and there, and yes he was terrible this time too, chucking bad shots after bad shots (that luckily for him went in sometimes)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On/Off, RAPM, etc.

All the numbers say he's marginal on offense. Decent at best. But his defense is really ing bad. RAPM, for example, had him as the 14th worst defender in the league. He's just not contributing enough on offense to offset that terrible D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco is on the Spurs because when the Spurs called, he picked up and was eager to play here, even (as he said) when he had better offers in front of him. It's the kind of character stuff the Spurs love, above metrics or anything else. Then he'll either fit or not (I think for the most part, he did), and now comes the challenge of getting better within the system. The Spurs will give him time to do that, or eventually slot him in a reduced role (see Bonner, Matt). I think the Spurs are pleased with what they got off Marco for that contract in his first year.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well then we need him otherwise Manu will go back to sucking the most...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then we need him otherwise Manu will go back to sucking the most...
    how about playing DG or Cory?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how people like to complain about some of the bench players.

What was the Spurs regular season record last year? And how did they finish in the playoffs?

Obviously, there isn't too much wrong with their rotation. It's all about giving the main guys the rest they need during the regular season.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about playing DG or Cory?

Joseph saved the season going monster on Ibaka.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco is on the Spurs because when the Spurs called, he picked up and was eager to play here, even (as he said) when he had better offers in front of him. It's the kind of character stuff the Spurs love, above metrics or anything else. Then he'll either fit or not (I think for the most part, he did), and now comes the challenge of getting better within the system. The Spurs will give him time to do that, or eventually slot him in a reduced role (see Bonner, Matt). I think the Spurs are pleased with what they got off Marco for that contract in his first year.
    Best summary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #belichamp es.

Thread Information