Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first two games were very close, Spurs with a fully healthy Derek Anderson, that could have changed the series. I'm not sure if we would have won it, but those first two games could have been wins with a fully healthy DA.
    Ehhhhh maybe, we will never know but maybe. I remember the lead we had in game 2 up 37-22 in the second, then boom that went down Q by Q to 0 and then they won it. I agree we probably win one at home there and surely do not get swept with him. Do I think we win the series? No, personally I think LA was too good that year but you never know how far it could have stretched out.

It is all academic now and here say and I am glad he was gone shortly after as he continued to get hurt and under perform and we got Ginobili (Jax too for 03) so it all worked out very well. I agree though both the first two games could have gone either way, after that we just flat out got smashed.

BTW I remembered and looked it up, we were never in game one man

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...105190SAS.html

They came in and floored us in that one I remember, we were playing catch up the whole way. Game 2 we get though I give you that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Grover (Jordan, Kobe, Wade's trainer) said 8-10 weeks is an aggressive schedule for complete return.
    Hmm interesting. I assume Grover knows what he's talking about? So is he saying 8-10 weeks would be the earliest he can return?

btw, did Kawhi ever end up working out with Tim Grover during the off-season?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW I remembered and looked it up, we were never in game one man

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...105190SAS.html

They came in and floored us in that one I remember, we were playing catch up the whole way. Game 2 we get though I give you that.
    I guess I am remembering game 2. I thought the first game was close too. I know what happened in game 3 and 4, I guess I forgot most of game 1. So yeah, not saying the Spurs would have won the series or anything like that, but at the very least I think that it could have been a lot more compe ive with DA there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys dont forget Portland.
    Portland is the same team as last year which is looking more like a fluke.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant's injury will probably result in a few loses for OKC. This could be the cushion that the Spurs need to win our Division.
    It will be hard enough with Houston and Dallas fighting for the division. Our division has to be the toughest in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks for Durant tbh. I don't think this will effect him like Yao and other big men that had it. He's a lighter guy and he's still young. I think he bounces back just fine. Three things though:

1. Lebron has the '14 MVP wrapped up.

2. Westbrook is going to launch like 40 shots a game. It's going to be crazy to watch.

3. Spurs need to take advantage of this. They'll likely hit a slump or two later in the season. Winning a lot early to lock up HCA, or at least a better record than OKC would be ideal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The best player in the NBA and the next Tim Duncan is Anthony Davis.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No the Spurs don't have HCA locked up. Is everyone forgetting Patty Mills was huge in getting us HCA when the Big 3 rested. I guarantee you the Spurs won't win those games with Oseph standing in the corner and watching someone else play point. Expect the bench to lose some leads that the starters get. Brickenelli, Turnobili, Average Jo, and Errors are gonna be something to watch...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I am remembering game 2. I thought the first game was close too. I know what happened in game 3 and 4, I guess I forgot most of game 1. So yeah, not saying the Spurs would have won the series or anything like that, but at the very least I think that it could have been a lot more compe ive with DA there.
    I think they might have man! I don't think they win this series but losing 4-2 or at WORST 4-1 if he was in there. He might have changed game one some? Who knows. I know it's in the past and it worked out later for us with him gone and Ginobiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii taking over that 2 spot (Jax one year), so all is well and 4 les later!

Lakers in 2001 though were just flat out TOUGH to beat, that team was one of the best teams post Jordan era easily! Our 2014 team is up there as well IMO and maybe a team (Probably not two) since the 90's, other than that not many teams hit that level of play. You could just tell it was their year in 2001 when the playoffs started.
    No the Spurs don't have HCA locked up. Is everyone forgetting Patty Mills was huge in getting us HCA when the Big 3 rested. I guarantee you the Spurs won't win those games with Oseph standing in the corner and watching someone else play point. Expect the bench to lose some leads that the starters get. Brickenelli, Turnobili, Average Jo, and Errors are gonna be something to watch...
    It would not surprise me for the Spurs with him out and coming off that dominant le run to have a hangover for a little while and start out slower this year! They came out on fire last year on a mission from the finals loss. I see the Spurs at around 10-7 or so early on in the year and some panicking! They will gear up and turn it on later IMO and make a run but I don't see them with the same hunger as last year after that run for some reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks for Durant tbh. I don't think this will effect him like Yao and other big men that had it. He's a lighter guy and he's still young. I think he bounces back just fine. Three things though:

2. Westbrook is going to launch like 40 shots a game. It's going to be crazy to watch.

3. Spurs need to take advantage of this. They'll likely hit a slump or two later in the season. Winning a lot early to lock up HCA, or at least a better record than OKC would be ideal.
    I am not so sure...There are so many young players that could've a break out season tbh... Even Westbrick could win if he plays well without Durant...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not so sure...There are so many young players that could've a break out season tbh... Even Westbrick could win if he plays well without Durant...
    I think the Cavs will win around 55 games or so this season. Even if they only won 50, seeing as how they only won 33 games last year, I think the massive improvement will make it almost impossible not to net Lebron his 5th MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Cavs will win around 55 games or so this season. Even if they only won 50, seeing as how they only won 33 games last year, I think the massive improvement will make it almost impossible not to net Lebron his 5th MVP.
    There is no way Lebron would win the MVP if the Cavs win "only" 50 games... I could see players like Curry/Davis/Griffin winning if their teams make the top 5...

Also i think the NBA wants more Superstars for the future( other than Durant and Lebron).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah but is not that easy, look at Kobe and Yao they did the swimming the running, and Wade is like a 33 y/o grandma, he is not a doctor KD is a big skinny lamp I bet fragile as so giving exact return dates is not very serious.
    Dude look like a politician in that avatar.
    Agree, but it sounds like an approximate/estimated date than exact dates.

btw, did Kawhi ever end up working out with Tim Grover during the off-season?
    Leonard didn't train with him this summer, it would have been good to see Grover working on Kawhi's killer instinct -he doesn't think killer instinct is an inborn trait and he assures it can be worked-, and compe ive intensity.
    He likes Kawhi, after 2013 finals he praised him saying he'll be a "cleaner", the word he uses to describe the unstoppable, the ultimate compe or who has an insatiable addiction to success, better than the "cooler" a follower who can make a huge play but he's ultimately not responsible for the outcome, and the "closer" who can handle a lot of pressure and will perform effectively if his task is clearly defined.
    Maybe next offseason.
    Last edited by wildchild; 10-13-2014 at 03:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol wut. Ibaka came back and played at 100% (roughly at his regular season level) and wasn't ever really badly injured in the first place.
    ibaka seemed just fine when he was goaltending shots in the closing minutes of game 6
    that thinking is for the one and doners...not a five time champion that has won a ring in three different decades.

When you've accomplished that, those "only because he was hurt" excuses go out the window.

preaching to the choir, friends. I know this, but already just in this thread alone you've got a troll throwing an * and I don't want to hear it for all the reasons listed above, that anyone who watched the games would know.

I guess trolls gonna troll, we blitzkrieg'd the playoffs last year and still get fools coming through. how stupid do you feel trying to find any mud at all to throw at the 14 spurs run? toughest le to troll. broke records from MJ to Magic, and clowns still try? pffft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Anderson broke his foot sometime in early november and was back at the end of january, but was asssigned to the Toros to get back in shape. Didn't play meaningful NBA minutes until march or so. That's 4 months. Durant would be a fool to try coming back too early and risk tens of millions of dollars. If he's that dumb he surely must have advisors who'd tell him that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad for KD. he's a cool dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ibaka seemed just fine when he was goaltending shots in the closing minutes of game 6
    Laughing my a$$ off. So true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks for Durant tbh. I don't think this will effect him like Yao and other big men that had it. He's a lighter guy and he's still young. I think he bounces back just fine.
    Neither James Anderson or Roddy Beaubois are heavyweights like Yao, and they both had this same fracture. It damages your ability to shoot the ball, robbing you of lift. Neither are still in the NBA, and they were first round picks who showed real NBA ability before their fractures. Read Chinook's quote in the timvp post that he bumped. It's chilling how awful this fracture is.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I will have Blake Griffin and Anthony Davis as contenders for MVP as well. But ultimately I think the MVP will be LeBron if Cleveland had the overall best record in the league or best record in the East, which is most likely to happen as the only teams that can play in the East other than the Cavs are the Heat,Bulls and Wizards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why did 100 get banned?
    a thread in the nba forum with sexy gifs tbh

jeebus got the hammer too

it is likely a temp ban tho, he will be back soon

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the same injury that Yao got and plague him for the rest of his career. The Thunder should rest Durant til at least mid January IMO. Playing on it too early can risk the recurrence of this injury. Basically this injury pretty much assured that the Spurs will more than likely have HC advantage over the Thunder this year.

And no, the Path to the finals in never cleared, but this will help for the Spurs to secure HC advantage out West this year, which is a huge plus in itself.

Remember the years that Duncan, Parker, Manu were playing injured or missing the postseason from 08-11 seasons. That is why I don't care if other team's have injuries. Spurs had their fair share. It's just part of the game. If the Spurs win it again this year, I won't care the least bit that this injury played a factored in it. As long as the Spurs aren't going Head Hunting and purposely causing injuries, I don't care what opponents player gets injured. happens.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty was huge b/c Parker and Manu went down with injuries. Right now, both are healthy. If that remains so until Mills returns, I don't see it effecting the Spurs too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm, must be named after Caldwell Jones and his brothers?
    He should be thankful he has a Jones fracture versus a fractured Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very interesting graphic. Looks like Patty had this, and together with the current injury gives light to the current deal that he has with the Spurs.

Thread Information