Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Seattle is 2-8 when Lynch gets less than 10 carries
    similar to basketball records when a player shoots more/less in wins/losses, sometimes its not clear which is the cause and which is the effect...

often times a rb gets a lot of carries because they're already leading and they're just grinding clock. however in yesterday's case it was clear. the game was always within a possession and the seahawks held a lead for a while, but for some reason they refused to keep lynch involved. the cowboys didnt make the same mistake

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lynch is 2 years older and has way more miles though. i dont think murray is at a stage where u should burn him out
    Not entirely sure he's gonna come back, especially if he leads the league in rushing. Some team will max him out, and RB isn't really a position the Cowboys should invest max money in.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Seattle is 2-8 when Lynch gets less than 10 carries
    What spurraider21 said.

Also, you're referring to the past (prior to now, and up until Lynch is gone). We do not know how the roster will look on the offensive side of the ball and what will be done to bolster it from a weapons stand point.

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count
    Struggle Wilson has thrown 6 game ending interceptions in his career yet nobody will mention those.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you just did

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Struggle Wilson has thrown 6 game ending interceptions in his career yet nobody will mention those.
    So have a lot of other really good QBs.
    Last edited by Spur-Addict; 10-13-2014 at 02:13 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    SG: "Once you overpay for Wilson, you won't be able to afford"

S.A: "Most of the big names are already under contract for a long time"

S.G: "Yeah, and player values don't change"

S.A: "They're getting paid top dollar for their position"

S.G: "So they're not planning on adding any new talent"

S.A: "We're on of the best drafting teams in the league, and vets near the end with tread left will come on the cheap, example being Kevin Williams"

Cornerstones in place, continually draft well, and add vets around them on short deals as deep end fillers.

All of your attempts have been legitimately refuted. Anything else genius?
    Ok, I'll play.

I said you wouldn't be able to afford the type of team he has around him now. That doesn't include just "big name" players.

Your posts also seem to suggest that your team will be static for the coming years, while as we both know, that's not true. Then you go on to change the conversation to drafting, which even by best the GMs, can be a gamble and is never a for sure thing.

Can the shehawks manage to put together a good football team? Yes. But, it's certainly going to be a lot harder after you overpay struggle wilson. Which, by the way, was the whole ing point of the conversation.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Ok, I'll play.

I said you wouldn't be able to afford the type of team he has around him now. That doesn't include just "big name" players.

Your posts also seem to suggest that your team will be static for the coming years, while as we both know, that's not true. Then you go on to change the conversation to drafting, which even by best the GMs, can be a gamble and is never a for sure thing.

Can the shehawks manage to put together a good football team? Yes. But, it's certainly going to be a lot harder after you overpay struggle wilson. Which, by the way, was the whole ing point of the conversation.
    You do know the vast majority of the team was either drafted by us, or undrafted FA's right? So although you may correct in draft dependence, their formula goes way beyond just drafting, it's a model of player regardless of perceived skill by the rest of the league. Seattle finds value where others see trash. So with that in mind, the people that are so hung up on depth should rethink that a little bit. My posts suggest just that, not that the team will remain static. Only the stalwarts will outside of injury.

Will Wilsons contract restrict depth? Absolutely. Will it be as extreme as what everyone seems to believe? Absolutely not.

The only player I'm concerned about losing is K.J Wright.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i think there is no way harvin gets paid as much as he is right now..

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    He's locked up until the end of 2017. Two whole seasons after this year away, so that's quite a ways a away. And two seasons under Wilsons new contract if he gets paid this offseason. He'll be 29 at the end of that deal. I'm not concerned about that at all actually.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not entirely sure he's gonna come back, especially if he leads the league in rushing. Some team will max him out, and RB isn't really a position the Cowboys should invest max money in.
    esp if they keep improving det line

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    So, lose to the Cowboys and turn around and trade Harvin for table scraps?

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    So, lose to the Cowboys and turn around and trade Harvin for table scraps?
    This move is troubling.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    I'm baffled?

I know he missed most of last season when they were great, but just two games ago he scored three TDs in a game. Granted, all were called back, but he's dynamic.

I know they aren't giving up, but with thaeir running game no longer dominant and Tate gone, they are putting a lot of responsibility on Wilson while giving him lackluster talent.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It really is a strange move. He must have pissed someone off or something, tbh. lol Did the Cowboys the shehawks so hard that now they're questioning themselves?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I don't think Harvin was a great fit at WR for the Hawks. It's just weird to see them trade him so quickly after giving him a new deal. It's like the Bucs and Revis, though at least Seattle got some value back.

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Calm down the Cowboys didn't anyone hard. The calendar beckons though...December is nigh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Dude you are a big ed genious

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Calm down the Cowboys didn't anyone hard. The calendar beckons though...December is nigh.
    Dallas broke 'em

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Wilson brought em back though

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Wilson brought em back though
    He's been the best running back on their team this year, tbh.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    He's been the best running back on their team this year, tbh.
    So what exactly are you saying about Skittles?

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    ty performance from the D--how much do we miss Chris Clemons and Red Bryant? No inside push creates no disruption...no playoffs if we keep playing like this. Only saving grace was watching the 49ers get raped on National Tele...but even that is a hollow reprieve. Spur-Addict our ship is not sailing right

Thread Information