Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Count
    Hopefully Baylor loses one more so TCU can get that spot.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Any 1-loss Big 12 champ will make top 4
    I don't think you fully grasp the hold that ESPN and the SEC have on the rankings. I hope I'm wrong, but I can see them making a case for 2 loss SEC teams even if Baylor were to win out.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Wait, Baylorfan is actually complaining about bull PI calls?
    Well, yeah, when there's eight of them, probably six of which were questionable at best. I'm not saying Baylor didn't do 20 other things to lose the game, but there were a ton of bad calls against them. I guess if you're going to get screwed by the refs in a game, make it a game where you didn't show up anyway so it doesn't matter.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Hopefully Baylor loses one more so TCU can get that spot.
    KSt might slide in

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Baylor is basically mini-Oregon. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but neither will win a championship with that style of play.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Unlike Oregon, Baylor is perfectly capable of running the ball when they need to. Or they were before they lost two offensive linemen in the last two weeks. They just decided at some point that they just had to show up in order to win, and they got their asses handed to them for it. Maybe the loss will remind them what they're playing for if it's not too late. Probably is, though.

Post Count
    KSt might slide in
    That's true. KSU at TCU later in the year could easily decide the Big 12 unless of course Baylor beats K-State and OU.

Post Count
    If Baylor beats KSU and OU while finishing with one loss, they will be in good shape for a playoff bid. SEC won't get more than two bids.

If Baylor beats KSU and OU while finishing with one loss, they will be in good shape for a playoff bid. SEC won't get more than two bids.
    If ND and Michgan State win out, they are in. Obviously neither Miss school is going undefeated but FSU is.

So FSU
    SEC Champ
    ND.....they will get the benefit of every doubt.
    Michigan State...THE BIG10....the tradition!

Post Count
    If ND and Michgan State win out, they are in. Obviously neither Miss school is going undefeated but FSU is.

So FSU
    SEC Champ
    ND.....they will get the benefit of every doubt.
    Michigan State...THE BIG10....the tradition!
    A one loss SEC West team will get in over ND and especially Michigan State.

A one loss SEC West team will get in over ND and especially Michigan State.
    Everyone thinks ND is better than FSU...everyone. So when FSU goes undefeated that will push ND to the top if they win out.

College football has a lot of tradition, no conference anymore than The Big10. If MSU wins out watch what happens.

Post Count
    The 4 best teams are in the SEC West and Georgia isn't too far behind. Getting only one SEC team would be a crime.

The 4 best teams are in the SEC West and Georgia isn't too far behind. Getting only one SEC team would be a crime.
    I totally agree but NOBODY is as important as ND. They win out they will be there.

FSU isn't going to lose vs that schedule. So there's two, now add the SEC champ and yep the BIG10 stud if at all possible.

Post Count
    You're wrong about the Big10. Michigan St won't go over a one loss Oregon or one loss Big 12 team or a one loss SEC team. Not happening. Everyone knows the Big 10 is by far the worst power conference.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    I don't know, man. The voters seem to always manage to rank a Big Ten team way above where they should be. If that team doesn't lose late then anything can happen.

You're wrong about the Big10. Michigan St won't go over a one loss Oregon or one loss Big 12 team or a one loss SEC team. Not happening. Everyone knows the Big 10 is by far the worst power conference.
    Obviously the Big10 is an inferior conference, no doubt about that. But like I said college football is all about Woody Hayes, Bear Bryant, Knute Rockne, student body right, the Heisman. If there is anyway possible a Big10 team can be there they will be. The last thing anyone outside the south wants is two SEC teams in there.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    But does Condoleeza Rice know how important Notre Dame is?

Or does Ty Willingham still hold a grudge for getting fired from Notre Dame?

I guarantee someone will get left off to where the fans of that school cry conspiracy regarding the playoff selection committee

But does Condoleeza Rice know how important Notre Dame is?

Or does Ty Willingham still hold a grudge for getting fired from Notre Dame?

I guarantee someone will get left off to where the fans of that school cry conspiracy regarding the playoff selection committee
    I don't know.

I have no doubts there will be every attempt to get as much of the country into it as they can. Not just the south.

ND wins out they are in, that's if FSU wins out. To beat the top ranked team** (which they really did) will be huge.

** both Miss schools will lose a game.

Post Count
    Condoleeza Rice has no business being on the selection committee.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Condi's a Domer. Coach Ty isstill well-respected by ND alums. The fix is in justnot the way you think.
    Eh...Condi got her masters at ND. She wasn't even there long enough to unpack her bags. I bet D-Rob has been to more ND football games.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It's beyond stupid. Could they really not find any other prominent women in the sports world to take that spot?

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Or any other war criminal for that matter.

Post Count
    It's beyond stupid. Could they really not find any other prominent women in the sports world to take that spot?
    Lynn Hickey has been on the NCAA Men's Basketball Selection Committee. She would have been a perfect choice for a spot -- especially as an AD in a prominent football state.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Somebody rioted after beating Baylor? This is what the world has come to.

Thread Information