It was a serious question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then no. Spurs/OKC/LAC/Cavs is pretty much it imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL OKC, Clippers, Cavs. All hype no results!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL OKC, Clippers, Cavs. All hype no results!

Remember det time the Curry and the Warriors were in the Finals? No? Me neither. Warriors are like the Hornets of their limited playoff days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember det time the Curry and the Warriors were in the Finals? No? Me neither. Warriors are like the Hornets of their limited playoff days.
    so there are no legit teams in the west besides the spurs. OKC hasn't made it sans Harden, and none of the other Western teams have made the finals as currently constructed.

we're a lock for the finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so there are no legit teams in the west besides the spurs. OKC hasn't made it sans Harden, and none of the other Western teams have made the finals as currently constructed.

we're a lock for the finals
    When was the last time the Warriors made it past the 2nd round? The Blazers were in the 2nd round last year. Are they also contenders? New coach, no significant additions to their roster, shoot first point guard who has a high turnover tendency, poor ball movement, poor spacing, ty defense... not contenders.

I get it that you're high on Steph Curry, but don't get all religiously stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time the Warriors made it past the 2nd round? The Blazers were in the 2nd round last year. Are they also contenders? New coach, no significant additions to their roster, shoot first point guard who has a high turnover tendency, poor ball movement, poor spacing, ty defense... not contenders.

I get it that you're high on Steph Curry, but don't get all religiously stupid.
    they were very iso-oriented last year, but i put that on the coaching more than anything. Bogut and Lee are two very good passing bigs who certainly could have been utilized better. Kerr is a rookie coach so there are certainly concerns there, but most signs point to him being a better coach than Mark Jackson.

With a healthy Bogut there is no question they would have gotten into the 2nd round last year. DeAndre Jordan averaged 12 and 15 in that series, and I think Bogut would be a difference maker in that regard. i don't see Jordan going off for 25 points, 18 rebounds, 4 blocks in game 5, or 15, 18, and 3 in game 7. That's also not even mentioning that both reserve centers were hurt either for the whole series or a majority of it (Ezeli and O'Neal).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were very iso-oriented last year, but i put that on the coaching more than anything. Bogut and Lee are two very good passing bigs who certainly could have been utilized better. Kerr is a rookie coach so there are certainly concerns there, but most signs point to him being a better coach than Mark Jackson.
    What signs would that be, exactly?
    With a healthy Bogut there is no question they would have gotten into the 2nd round last year. DeAndre Jordan averaged 12 and 15 in that series, and I think Bogut would be a difference maker in that regard. i don't see Jordan going off for 25 points, 18 rebounds, 4 blocks in game 5, or 15, 18, and 3 in game 7. That's also not even mentioning that both reserve centers were hurt either for the whole series or a majority of it (Ezeli and O'Neal).
    There's always a question where speculation is concerned. I've seen nothing from Bogut to tell me he's going to be healthy when it matters. I've seen nothing from Kerr to tell me he's any better as a coach than Mark Jackson. I've seen nothing from the system to tell me that Steph won't be taking 25 shots a game and basically be absent on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What signs would that be, exactly?
    - actually having experience on the non-player side of an NBA team
    - the differences we've seen in the sets they've run in preseason
    - not being mark jackson
    - never played on a team where the PG was ball dominant, so doesn't have that mentality ingrained

There's always a question where speculation is concerned.
    sure, but i think when you are missing 3 centers and the other team's center grossly overachieves, its pretty strong evidecne
    I've seen nothing from Bogut to tell me he's going to be healthy when it matters.
    this is a fair point, but it wouldn't be a reflection on the coaching
    I've seen nothing from Kerr to tell me he's any better as a coach than Mark Jackson.
    you already posed this earlier
    I've seen nothing from the system to tell me that Steph won't be taking 25 shots a game and basically be absent on defense.
    FG attempts by season:

17.0 (1 game)

thats enough for me to say he wont be taking 25 shots per game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - actually having experience on the non-player side of an NBA team (that's not a sign)
    - the differences we've seen in the sets they've run in preseason different doesn't equal better
    - not being mark jackson again
    - never played on a team where the PG was ball dominant, so doesn't have that mentality ingrained also not a sign

sure, but i think when you are missing 3 centers and the other team's center grossly overachieves, its pretty strong evidecne no it's not

this is a fair point, but it wouldn't be a reflection on the coaching It says they aren't contenders and Kerr isn't going to change that

you already posed this earlier It's still true even now

FG attempts by season:

17.0 (1 game)

thats enough for me to say he wont be taking 25 shots per game
    It's also enough to say the system hasn't changed enough to keep Curry from taking the same amount of shots he took under Mark Jackson

Curry was one turnover short of leading the league in turnovers but only like 37th or so in assist to turnover ratio. That means more as a PG than his shooting touch from outside.

If Kerr can keep Curry from turning the ball over so many times a game, they might win those games they would have lost by a few points otherwise, but then if Curry is supposed to be the shot creator for others, he's going to consider he's the best option if he's in single coverage and shoot the ball, or wait until he's smothered then try to force a pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok. 3 centers out, Jordan blows up for games out of his character, but that's not evidence that the centers being out made a difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok. 3 centers out, Jordan blows up for games out of his character, but that's not evidence that the centers being out made a difference
    Why were three centers out? Poor minute management? ty play calling? Bad trainers? Teams that have historically ty health have it for a reason and when the coach has been rotated out a few times, yet the health problems remain, there's a deeper issue. Some of that is signing guys who are large health risks with known issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why were three centers out? Poor minute management? ty play calling? Bad trainers? Teams that have historically ty health have it for a reason and when the coach has been rotated out a few times, yet the health problems remain, there's a deeper issue. Some of that is signing guys who are large health risks with known issues.
    yes. their centers got injured because of playcalling. Curry kept calling for that play that s up big men's knees. that moron...

or maybe it was poor minute management... what were they thinking giving Bogut 26 minutes per game? giving Jermaine 20 minutes per game? or maybe it was those moron's who decided to give Ezeli 0 minutes the entire season because of offseason knee surgery to reinforce his ligaments. they must have been really worn out in the 14 mpg he averaged as a rookie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes. their centers got injured because of playcalling. Curry kept calling for that play that s up big men's knees. that moron...

or maybe it was poor minute management... what were they thinking giving Bogut 26 minutes per game? giving Jermaine 20 minutes per game? or maybe it was those moron's who decided to give Ezeli 0 minutes the entire season because of offseason knee surgery to reinforce his ligaments. they must have been really worn out in the 14 mpg he averaged as a rookie
    Or the other options I listed, like hiring broken players to begin with and basing all your futures on them, or having ty athletic trainers. You cannot look at mpg and know how well minutes were managed. It has to do with knowing when a player needs to sit, and not playing the high risk low reward guys in unimportant games.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What's with all this posts, DMC and spurraider21?
    This thread got necro'd to laugh at Kool and the Lakers, not for your petty discussions.

Thread Information